Belle

Developer of Long Live the Princess
Game Developer
Sep 25, 2017
My two cents is that they may be looking for new investments so they want to ged rid of any controversial content that may discourage potential corporate investors. I have nothing to support that theory, except one simple rule about why companies do what they do: it's always about the money.
This is more or less it, though they could also be trying to increase value for their current shareholders as well. It wasn't such a big deal when they were smaller, but as they have grown, their responsibilities have grown with them. I doubt Patreon really wants to make these restrictions (except against underage content. We'll get back to that), but their shareholders are probably demanding that they clean up their act.

So, what happened to DMD? I don't really think this was about the incest content. Not at this stage. It started that way, but now I suspect Patreon may have played the game. Mr. Dots skirted the rules and almost ridiculed them after his first warning, and I doubt that helped his case. No, what I think sealed the deal was the portrayal of the daughter's friends in that game. The game claims that they are adults, but they are clearly rendered to look like they are in the early teens at most. You could even argue that they look like preteens. That's not something that could be quickly removed from the game, and Patreon knows it. This is a line they won't let their creators cross, so they told Mr. Dots to get rid of the game, once and for all.

And you know what? I don't blame them. Not for a second. Mr. Dots should have known better than to create what is essentially loli content and then sell it. Sooner or later that would come back and bite him in his butt.

UncleVT

Låt den rätta komma in
Jul 2, 2017
This is more or less it, though they could also be trying to increase value for their current shareholders as well. It wasn't such a big deal when they were smaller, but as they have grown, their responsibilities have grown with them. I doubt Patreon really wants to make these restrictions (except against underage content. We'll get back to that), but their shareholders are probably demanding that they clean up their act.

So, what happened to DMD? I don't really think this was about the incest content. Not at this stage. It started that way, but now I suspect Patreon may have played the game. Mr. Dots skirted the rules and almost ridiculed them after his first warning, and I doubt that helped his case. No, what I think sealed the deal was the portrayal of the daughter's friends in that game. The game claims that they are adults, but they are clearly rendered to look like they are in the early teens at most. You could even argue that they look like preteens. That's not something that could be quickly removed from the game, and Patreon knows it. This is a line they won't let their creators cross, so they told Mr. Dots to get rid of the game, once and for all.

And you know what? I don't blame them. Not for a second. Mr. Dots should have known better than to create what is essentially loli content and then sell it. Sooner or later that would come back and bite him in his butt.
I agree wit this. Iredeemable among other various things, had to change the appearance of a supposed 18-year-old girl who looked underage, having to redo all the renders in which she appeared. And I also think that Patreon's growth brings them new responsibilities.
But I also think that they act on the basis of complaints from third parties, which makes the matter dangerous, I hope it does not turn into a witch hunt.

Reactions: Belle

UncleVT

Låt den rätta komma in
Jul 2, 2017
Sorry for my bad English. When I said complaints from third parties, I wanted to say third party complaints to specific Devs / games, not general complaints.

RustyV

Conversation Conqueror
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
I kinda argued that point about DMD before. Some of the characters looked like they were in middle school.
Coceter Chronicles main character is a non-human, therefore their sex prohibtions do not strictly apply. But its Patreon's site and until someone starts a new site they can be totalitarians.
Patreon should remember My Space, Facepage came along offered a "better" site to consumers and took the market.
Sic semper tyrannis!

RustyV

Conversation Conqueror
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
By the way I think it might be one of the developers (or somebody close to the game) uses a Belle avatar in F95zone
so you rock Belle!

RequiscatOnPace

Dec 14, 2017
Does anybody has got a walktrough or something. I really like the game but i think it is a little bit difficult to find the right path.

Belle

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2017
Version 0.4.0 is now , and 0.5.0 is . Here's the 0.5.0 changelog:
  • Agility training now goes up to level 4.
  • New mechanic for the Perversity abiilty.
  • Night scenes for Evelyn and Primrose fully implemented up to Agility 4 and Perversity 4.
  • Music: Added a main menu theme and a dynamic theme for spell logic. More music will be added in later versions.
  • SFX: Added a variety of different ambiances to spice up several locations. As with music, more will be added later.
  • Expanded the preferences menu with sliders for music, sound, and ambience, plus a mute button. Note that the Sound slider currently has no effect.
  • Added a new perspective to Samarra's sex scene.
  • Modified Evelyn's breast reveal scene.
  • Fixed a major problem with Samarra's hair, replacing many images from 0.4.
  • Bug fixes

Does anybody has got a walktrough or something. I really like the game but i think it is a little bit difficult to find the right path.
@Augustus Commodus posted a walkthrough earlier in the thread. I don't remember the exact page, but it wasn't that long ago. It'll be outdated for version 0.5 though.

throw_nws

Jul 19, 2017
Version 0.4.0 is now , and 0.5.0 is .
I was wondering why i got an email from Patreon with the DL link for 0.4 and nothing else. Thanks for the update Belle downloading 0.5 now.

TacticallySuperior

Jun 21, 2017
Wow, Nell is adorable! I love the direction the game is going, and can't wait until we are able to uncover the girls' "large" secrets. Oh and up our Perversity to level 5. I need to find out what happens next with Nell, damn it! Not to mention continue all the night time activities. Hope the patrons start flooding in, Belle. You deserve it at this point.

Philly_Games

Game Developer
Sep 9, 2017
Yep thought so. Patch tool works great though. Hair is still one of of the things I have issues with still.

This is the worst I have ever gotten. Cropped down to save you the horror. The patch tool was not going to help me there.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Belle

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2017
@Belle and @Ciriella what was wrong with the hair? Was it causing what looked like cracks in the forehead?
Here's a cropped before and after shot to show how it looked like on Samarra:

before.jpg after.jpg

I have no idea how I missed it when I rendered the images for 0.4. It affected a lot of Samarra's renders too, not just a few of them. Didn't notice it until just a couple of days ago.

Philly_Games

Game Developer
Sep 9, 2017
Using the patch tool in photoshop works great for the small little circles or lines that can pop up. Instead of doing a full redone render. BTW I have to give 0.5 a run soon I haven't played your game in awhile.

Belle

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2017
Using the patch tool in photoshop works great for the small little circles or lines that can pop up. Instead of doing a full redone render. BTW I have to give 0.5 a run soon I haven't played your game in awhile.
There is a better option. Fix the actual problem in DAZ, then use the spot render tool to only render the parts of the image that need fixing, finally combining the original image with the fixed spot render in Photoshop. Takes a LOT less time than a full render and gives better results than using the patch/stamp tools in Photoshop on their own. This is what I did.

Belle

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2017
Updated OP with 0.5, thanks donor for sharing!
Could I ask you to please remove the note in the first post about loading old saves? Any save made since version 0.3 works fine these days. Thanks!

Reactions: elmandor
4.60 star(s) 375 Votes