Belle

Developer of Long Live the Princess
Game Developer
Sep 25, 2017
Like that you are going with traditional Celtic/English fairie-lore.
I want to avoid having this game be yet another Tolkienesque fantasy story with dwarves and elves and orcs and fireballs, so I dip into other sources of inspiration instead. Too many amateur fantasy authors use the tropes from Tolkien's stories by habit, but that doesn't exactly instill a sense of discovery and wonder anymore. Celtic mythology has a lot of interesting concepts that most people will still recognize in some form, and it can be incredibly fucked up if you look in the right places.

Ever hear of Pillywiggins?
I know of the creatures (mostly through the Fables comic books) but I wasn't aware of their name. This is something that could potentially pop up in, say, a Belle side story.

Reactions: RustyV

RustyV

Conversation Conqueror
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
any chance of adding a quick reference menu to the bottom of the game screen?
some games have save, load, quick save, quick load options that are available during game play. lets you save without jumping out of the game.

Belle

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2017
any chance of adding a quick reference menu to the bottom of the game screen?
some games have save, load, quick save, quick load options that are available during game play. lets you save without jumping out of the game.
That was one of the first parts of the Ren'py template project that I removed. I like to keep the interface free of clutter, and with the size of the dialogue bar being as small as it is in LLtP, I felt there was no room for the quick menu. Besides, all you need to do to access the regular menu is to right click.

Reactions: Darkaura

medgecko

Jul 26, 2017
Too many amateur fantasy authors use the tropes from Tolkien's stories
they do have a bad hobbit:winkytongue: of doing that, don't they

Pillywiggins live in the bells of flowers and protect flowers and gardens. Also Pillywiggins are not above doing it with butterflies and dragonflies
there's even a series of naughty comics based on them, whose name escapes me at the moment ... and I remembered - bondage fairies

Reactions: RustyV

Belle

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2017
I do believe I lifted the whole concept of pixies being born from plants from pillywiggins. That's one advantage of creating one's own setting. You can mix and match as you wish.

Belle

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2017
Interesting how you are going to make the dryad character,i have never seen such a figure in the Daz store
I'm not talking D&D dryad here, for the record. I'm taking my inspirations from another source. One that should be familiar to you...

Reactions: Sinndallas

gestved

Engaged Member
Aug 18, 2017
she's not the lady of the lake, she's the dryad

talking about her anyway, love the dialog that leads to her sex card on witcher 1

LP83

Engaged Member
Oct 13, 2016
she's not the lady of the lake, she's the dryad

talking about her anyway, love the dialog that leads to her sex card on witcher 1

Oh right, my mistake... regardless.. few npc women in the Witcher are not hot LOOOL

Belle

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2017
I'll be replying to two of your spoilered questions beneath, but I won't put my answers in spoiler tags as I don't really think they spoil anything at all.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Aldred is pretty much the unofficial leader in town, though he gets help from Evelyn for things that require a more delicate hand. There used to be a more formal setup (hence the large town hall and the training grounds), but it's dwindled over the years.
Similarly, there is a local militia that Aldred trains and leads, but it's small and not really all that suited to dealing with a coronation. Not to mention that it lacks any magical security whatsoever, which is where Truthsayer Merek was supposed to come into the picture.

We'll be diving deeper into these issues when I decide to reintroduce Aldred. He's been gone for the last few updates because parts of his role in the story tie into the Fey Court, and I wanted to see if we were going to reach that goal before committing to anything. With that out of the way, his story is ready to continue at any moment.

Reactions: Darkaura

kalifianto

Jun 19, 2017
I've just finished the 0.4 version and OMG
the game is very hot

BTW, I really, really like the half-fey (Nell) design. And being able to do that with her at the first meeting is very hot. Can't wait until we can have sex with her properly.

What's the benefit of maximising Perversity?

Oh yeah, nearly forgot. Primrose is hot hot hot. I just wish we can go to her house everyday... There's a spell for that right?

Reactions: Belle and Darkaura

Belle

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2017
She will change how she refers to him in a later version by replacing those words with something more dynamic. It was always the plan, but I didn't lay the groundwork properly when it would have been easy, so now the task is more significant.

What's the benefit of maximising Perversity?
Nothing yet, but Perversity will be fully functional in 0.5. I recommend not maximizing it before then, or you won't even realize that it's there. That's one of the backsides of completing an early version of the game. Later updates could make your save skip important things.

Oh yeah, nearly forgot. Primrose is hot hot hot. I just wish we can go to her house everyday... There's a spell for that right?
We'll see. There is lots of time for her story to expand yet, and we have only see one of her levels of Remove Inhibitions. :)

Reactions: kalifianto

Re-4Andrew

Aug 4, 2017
"I'm confused that the town lacks any kind of centralized leadership. My understanding was there was usually at least an unofficial leader, unless our Uncle is that guy."

Its not hard to follow really, its a very small village on the outskirts of (I guess you could call it) the Capital City, its kind of in disarray without the choas, so there's really no need for any village leader. Other then the Uncle who has military experience so should village find it self in a hectic situation he would be the best to keep the village from panic.

Then again the entire story hasn't been written so who knows what Belle has panned, but I do see some tougher times in the future coming to the village.

berny

Jun 8, 2017
Greetings, could anybody tell me how much mind control there is in the game? Is it essential, optional and if it is optional, do I miss a lot when I skip it.

4.60 star(s) 376 Votes