Belle

Developer of Long Live the Princess
Game Developer
Sep 25, 2017
Please, how can i increase Depravity ater reading erotic books? I stopped at the level 4 and no more...sigh
There is no more. 4 is the maximum for now. I have made this clear in the next version of the game.

Reactions: Palanto

Belle

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2017
I'll be honest. My first thought when Nell told me her rouncy's name--although now I'm imagining Belle quipping that Nell enjoys "going bouncy on her rouncy" followed by double entendres about Nell having something that big and powerful between her legs and how much she enjoys riding it--was that Kelpie was Nell's mother in horse form and I better be careful what I did or said in front of her. I quickly dismissed the thought, but I can see why you might worry.
Keep in mind that just because Nell's horse might be mundane, that doesn't mean there's not an actual Kelpie out there somewhere. There will be more mythological creatures than just pixies in this game, so it's certainly a possibility. I know the answer to this, of course, but I like to keep you all guessing. :)

I do wonder if courage training will be in the next update. Given how much of the groundwork for it is already in the game, it feels like a natural choice. Still, I'm loving this game, and I'll take whatever the next update offers.
You'll know the direction 0.6 is heading in once I post the next weekly update on Patreon. The first scene I'm implementing is a solid indicator.

Jun 4, 2017
Seeing a post from just now reminded me that he was the one to ask for a fan signature for Holiday Island; which sparked the thought that I haven't seen one for this game, and I'd love one. So, , pretty please?

Reactions: Belle

King Monkey Mon

The Perverted King of The Harem Masters
May 16, 2017
did it say in the beginning of the game you can do a new game plus? how can you do that?

Belle

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2017
Seeing a post from just now reminded me that he was the one to ask for a fan signature for Holiday Island; which sparked the thought that I haven't seen one for this game, and I'd love one. So, , pretty please?
I should probably make a new banner for the game too, for the Patreon page. A lot of places seem to use either that one (which was never meant to represent the game itself) or the main menu to show off the game, and neither really works for that purpose. It's hard though, because I want the Princess to be a central part of such a banner, and she's just not ready.

Renetta

Jan 30, 2018
If by banner you mean the flowery grass field with Belle on it then i will agree.It's nicely done but doesn't really represent the game very well.

gestved

Engaged Member
Aug 18, 2017
Oh, it'll probably happen before the full game is out, but it'll require an actual ending, which is still far away.
you could make dickon fall from a rooftop and break his neck so we reach a game over and get new game+, just saying ;)

Belle

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2017
you could make dickon fall from a rooftop and break his neck so we reach a game over and get new game+, just saying ;)
This makes for a great situation in which to quote Jurassic Park:

"Your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn’t stop to think if they should."

Aug 15, 2017
Keep in mind that just because Nell's horse might be mundane, that doesn't mean there's not an actual Kelpie out there somewhere. There will be more mythological creatures than just pixies in this game, so it's certainly a possibility. I know the answer to this, of course, but I like to keep you all guessing. :)
So . . . you're saying that Samarra's courser is definitely a kelpie? I knew it! Samarra's in league with the fey. That's why she picked Nell to be her squire. Is that enough crazy speculation, or would you like me to keep going?
You'll know the direction 0.6 is heading in once I post the next weekly update on Patreon. The first scene I'm implementing is a solid indicator.
I'll probably be happy with any direction you chose. I was getting a little tired of agility and sleep molestation, but you've already said you're taking a break from that. I'd be happy with the next level of spell training or secrets. I'd be happy with continuing Aldred's story or more content with existing characters. I'd be happy with new characters. I merely mentioned courage training since it's already half-implemented with the panties in the game, but that might be something to save for a month where you're under tighter time constraints. Still, knowing you, you'll probably find something I'm not enthusiastic about just to spite me. :p

Belle

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2017
Is that enough crazy speculation, or would you like me to keep going?
I think it's best if you stopped. For all of our sakes. ;)

I'll probably be happy with any direction you chose. I was getting a little tired of agility and sleep molestation, but you've already said you're taking a break from that. I'd be happy with the next level of spell training or secrets. I'd be happy with continuing Aldred's story or more content with existing characters. I'd be happy with new characters. I merely mentioned courage training since it's already half-implemented with the panties in the game, but that might be something to save for a month where you're under tighter time constraints. Still, knowing you, you'll probably find something I'm not enthusiastic about just to spite me. :p
I'm kind of torn between three different paths for 0.6, to be honest. Two of those three paths contain a lot of things I haven't figured out 100% yet, and I don't dare start them until I have. But it's those two paths I think would make for the best 0.6, so I'm trying as hard as I can to figure it all out.

Creating this kind of story with the type of puzzles I have set up is incredibly challenging. To use the Invade Mind sequences as an example, not only do they require a convincing story with a convincing secret, but they also need to be able to provide a decent challenge with a healthy selection of clues and questions. Then it all has to fit together. I have a general overview of the plot and the secrets from my original design document, but not everything in there survives the transition into the game itself. Some ideas get replaced by better ones. Other ideas end up not working at all. Some ideas are good, but would make for bad puzzles. Others would create fun puzzles but a bad story or uninteresting sex scenes. It's really hard to find a balance.

The most frustrating aspect of this is that I can't really write or render anything until I have it figured out, so these last few days have mostly been spent just kicking ideas around and bashing my head against the proverbial wall.

Aug 15, 2017
I'm not the creative sort, so I probably can't be of much assistance, but I'll share my thoughts. It's still early in development, so you should work on the path that you do have a good grasp on. You still have plenty of time to work out the details of the other paths. While you're working on other things, inspiration may strike. Also, not every secret needs to be super clever or deep, as long as it's important to the character. For example, a great deal of Nell's identity and pride are tied up with her being Samarra's squire. Perhaps one day, while washing one of Samarra's horse blankets, she lost it in the river, and she has been doing her best to hide the fact that she failed as a squire. It's something stupid, but it's critically important to her. The joke could even be that it's entirely stupid. That's a horrible example, but I hope it gets my point across.

Alternately, you could just work on random stuff. I know you have plenty of locations you're planning that aren't in the game yet. You could start rendering those. They won't be in the next version, but it will save you time down the line, and you won't feel like you're getting nothing accomplished. Much like what I said before, maybe one of the locations will give you an idea that will help you through the proverbial wall.

You could also take a more scattershot approach. Nothing says you have to complete any of those segments this update. For example, you mentioned that, as part of the investigation, Samarra would be visiting the other characters. If this is one of the paths you're considering, you don't have to get all the characters done. You could just have her visit Evelyn or the character you do feel comfortable with and leave the others for later. You could mix in some other content, and that could be the update. I wish I could be more help.

Reactions: Renetta and Belle

Belle

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2017
Thanks for your input. I'm not actually looking for help with the central design of the story and the characters. My previous post may have given the impression that I'm struggling with unfamiliar territory. I'm not. This is something I've done many, many times before, and I always manage to come out ahead. I have this way of shaping ideas where I just let them rattle around in my mind until they mature, and by the time I'm ready to write them down, I have either forgotten them because they were bad ideas to begin with, or they've grown over time into something more refined. Sometimes I've let ideas rattle around like this for years.

It's the final part of the process, where ideas move from my brain to paper (or word processor in these modern thymes), that is demanding and exhausting, and that's the one I'm struggling with. I have plenty of ideas, but arranging them is a large undertaking for my poor, poor brain, and it's not something anyone can really help me with. That, and I'm extremely protective of my ideas until they are good and ready for public consumption.

I do have a bunch of scenes and locations I could create at a moment's notice, including the much awaited work site, but I'm saving those for if I just can't solidify my ideas in time. I'm glad I decided to stop promising upcoming features last month, because this kind of flexibility makes the process far less stressful for me.

Aug 15, 2017
Your previous post didn't give that impression at all, and I apologize if mine did. The impression I did get was that you were having a problem getting from point A to point B, which it sort of is. I assumed it was a logic issue, i.e. you we missing a step somewhere, but I guess it's more of a transitional issue.

Anyway, I've enjoyed what your process has delivered so far, so I'll leave you to it.

Fenix34

Jun 16, 2017
If by banner you mean the flowery grass field with Belle on it then i will agree.It's nicely done but doesn't really represent the game very well.
yes but it does represent belles personality..."of course I should be on the cover, this is a game about me, everything else is just side stuff."

Reactions: Wyrme

Belle

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2017
yes but it does represent belles personality..."of course I should be on the cover, this is a game about me, everything else is just side stuff."
Not that someone looking at the page the first time would pick up on any of that though, which makes it kind of moot. :p

bre3zerr

Jan 30, 2018
@Belle thanks for the update, we can finaly turn into night molestor :3
Loving the game so far. Characters are great ! Can't wait for more story to be added !

4.60 star(s) 376 Votes