SuddenReal

Jun 21, 2017
I don't want to make another fantasy game right now. I'm not a one-trick-pony and have never been.
Belle. Don't take this the wrong way, but, close the forum, step away from the computer and focus on something else.

Let us real fans deal with these fanboys who want to push their ideas on you. I mean, we get it, selling out will burn you out, but dealing with these idiots who don't get it will also burn you out. So you just focus on the story you want to write, not the sex they want to see.

So, ignore these guys and think happy thoughts.

Belle

Developer of Long Live the Princess
Game Developer
Sep 25, 2017
Belle. Don't take this the wrong way, but, close the forum, step away from the computer and focus on something else.

Let us real fans deal with these fanboys who want to push their ideas on you. I mean, we get it, selling out will burn you out, but dealing with these idiots who don't get it will also burn you out. So you just focus on the story you want to write, not the sex they want to see.

So, ignore these guys and think happy thoughts.
This doesn't happen often, so I don't mind setting the record straight. It's probably going to happen more and more as LLtP gets more complete, so it's good to be a little ahead of the curve and make sure people know my approach to all this. This doesn't burn me out in the slightest.

I understand that many fans want to see me make more of the same after LLtP is done. That was never going to happen. My brain isn't wired that way.

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
This doesn't happen often, so I don't mind setting the record straight. It's probably going to happen more and more as LLtP gets more complete, so it's good to be a little ahead of the curve and make sure people know my approach to all this. This doesn't burn me out in the slightest.

I understand that many fans want to see me make more of the same after LLtP is done. That was never going to happen. My brain isn't wired that way.
I don't really mind the era setting for your new game idea... I just hope your mind stays as twisted and wicked as it did for LltP :devilish:
You proved that even by starting with an avarage might and magic universe your story is not bound and limited by it, so I hope you'll keep that up even if you started a game in the modern world setting.
What people most fear seems to be an avarage product straight from lowest shelf of Wallmart (or what ever), but you have proven that's the least you are interested in.

Reactions: Belle

DigDug69

Jun 29, 2019

Belle, just do the story that you want to do. The true fans will enjoy it, and that is all that matters.
Unless it is something completely off the wall with furry transcendental transvestites from Pennsylvania. That might be a little too original for most of your fans to deal with.

SuddenReal

Jun 21, 2017
I don't mind you setting the record straight, but seeing as how you had to do this in, what, the span of a couple of days, I feared it might have gotten too much, too soon. So really, we wouldn't mind if you take a back seat and let other people handle this if need be. I mean, you used cursive in that last post... cursive!

boxedjack

Apr 23, 2017
The setting barely matters to me. I enjoy fantasy but the setting isn't what makes Long live the Princess special/unique, at least not to me. It's a combination of witty writing, actual gameplay that's engaging (read: not mindless grinding) and a high level of polish. That translates to any new project.

Evil13

Engaged Member
Jun 4, 2019
So just completed the new update and wow. I'll admit that several thoughts I had turned out to be true, but Belle, you really caught me off guard with that surprise towards the end.

I'm going to be honest and say that Long Live the Princess has been the only game the past couple of years that I have consistently enjoyed and looked forward to each update. So thank you for your hard work and storytelling. Best of luck with whatever you decide to do after LLtP.

molerat21

Jun 12, 2017
Found something while going back through the gallery. Evelyn's "shoulder massage." After she agrees to the massage, and goes to lay on the bed, you get a few black screens with text on them. 1st is 'Evelyn stretches out in bed, naked and beautiful, while you stare openly at her.' But the second says 'Evelyn strips down to her underwear in front of you, enjoying the attention you give her.'

She's already naked prior to the screens with text, as noted by the first screen. So the second screen of text stating Evelyn stripping down to her underwear looks like a mistake that was accidentally left in.

Just wanted to bring it to your attention. Let me know if I should hold up on posting anymore mistakes I find.

Reactions: Akachan

DigDug69

Jun 29, 2019
Found something while going back through the gallery. Evelyn's "shoulder massage." After she agrees to the massage, and goes to lay on the bed, you get a few black screens with text on them. 1st is 'Evelyn stretches out in bed, naked and beautiful, while you stare openly at her.' But the second says 'Evelyn strips down to her underwear in front of you, enjoying the attention you give her.'

She's already naked prior to the screens with text, as noted by the first screen. So the second screen of text stating Evelyn stripping down to her underwear looks like a mistake that was accidentally left in.

Just wanted to bring it to your attention. Let me know if I should hold up on posting anymore mistakes I find.
Did you choose to have her already naked when she is at home? If so that may be the issue. The text would have been written with her wearing clothes at the start, but your choosing naked throws it off.

molerat21

Jun 12, 2017
Did you choose to have her already naked when she is at home? If so that may be the issue. The text would have been written with her wearing clothes at the start, but your choosing naked throws it off.
I had set Evelyn's wardrobe status at home to naked for the scene.
Edit: I should add that I don't understand what you mean by that being the issue.

Last edited:

DigDug69

Jun 29, 2019
I had set Evelyn's wardrobe status at home to naked for the scene.
Edit: I should add that I don't understand what you mean by that being the issue.
If you had left her with clothes on, the scene would have been right when it described her getting undressed. If you try choosing different options during game play, it is not uncommon for the same text to be reused, some of the time.
I think the black screens were done intentionally, with the text being all that was really needed to describe what was happening.

molerat21

Jun 12, 2017
If you had left her with clothes on, the scene would have been right when it described her getting undressed. If you try choosing different options during game play, it is not uncommon for the same text to be reused, some of the time.
I think the black screens were done intentionally, with the text being all that was really needed to describe what was happening.
That includes the gallery? Because that's where I have the problem. I haven't checked on my save to see if it will do the same thing there.

professorx10

Game Developer
Jul 22, 2018
Belle, After reading the last couple of pages of comments about what people said they want you to do for your next game if/when/whatever it comes, i feel I owe you an apology.

It was my original pushing the idea of an SF game to you as a <strong> suggestion for your next game that got this line of talk started. It was selfish of me and I'm sorry. I apologize mightily.

Of all the Devs on this format, you've been the most consistent, responsive, and reasonable toward we, your outlying fans, and I'm sorry to have hassled you in any way. Your talent and ability which shows so brilliantly in LLtP makes all of us 'armchair generals' think we want to have a say in something that is, truthfully, none of our business. We do all the asking, and you do all the work. Bummer.

All I can say is that I love your work, you've produced something that if you never did another, this will be talked about far in the future. You've brought me hours of pleasure into my dreary life and here I go and demand more. I'm sorry.

You don't need our inputs or approval for anything. You are the creator. You do what ever you gain the most enjoyment from. All we can do to help is spot a few errors now and then and continually tell you how much we love your work.

Best wishes for success.
Prof x10

Belle

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2017

Noted. I'll have a look at it. Thanks! I rely on users like you noticing continuity errors in this game. I've done a pretty good job of preventing them so far, apparently, but I suspect that's just as much luck as it is skill. LLtP is hugely complex in how many of its scenes are constructed because of the open nature of the game, so this kind of stuff can absolutely happen.

Belle, After reading the last couple of pages of comments about what people said they want you to do for your next game if/when/whatever it comes, i feel I owe you an apology.

It was my original pushing the idea of an SF game to you as a <strong> suggestion for your next game that got this line of talk started. It was selfish of me and I'm sorry. I apologize mightily.

Of all the Devs on this format, you've been the most consistent, responsive, and reasonable toward we, your outlying fans, and I'm sorry to have hassled you in any way. Your talent and ability which shows so brilliantly in LLtP makes all of us 'armchair generals' think we want to have a say in something that is, truthfully, none of our business. We do all the asking, and you do all the work. Bummer.

All I can say is that I love your work, you've produced something that if you never did another, this will be talked about far in the future. You've brought me hours of pleasure into my dreary life and here I go and demand more. I'm sorry.

You don't need our inputs or approval for anything. You are the creator. You do what ever you gain the most enjoyment from. All we can do to help is spot a few errors now and then and continually tell you how much we love your work.

Best wishes for success.
Prof x10
No need for apologies. It's okay to be excited about something and talk about it, just as much as it is okay for me to not be equally excited about that same thing.

Belle

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2017
In other news, this latest update is the one that has had me the most excited to read people's reactions in a long time. I've saved up a lot of big reveals for the end, and I doubt most people are prepared for all of them. I mean, the climactic event of this update has me unleashing three or four different twists at once! :sneaky:

Frue

Feb 5, 2019
In other news, this latest update is the one that has had me the most excited to read people's reactions in a long time. I've saved up a lot of big reveals for the end, and I doubt most people are prepared for all of them. I mean, the climactic event of this update has me unleashing three or four different twists at once! :sneaky:
Multiple ending? And next update is final patch or there will be another? (I forgot it) :3

Uh, your game really have many big secret :unsure:

Reactions: SomeoneX22

bighunter

Apr 3, 2018
I wait for end of game then i will download it, in the middle i change pc soo then i decided to wait for end of game to play it from start without bugs ... :) just play throo :) cant wait for last update or updateds when it will be complete ... cant wait...

4.60 star(s) 378 Votes