Antosha

Feb 28, 2018
A question. Is this a game where you can get locked out of content if you don't follow a walkthrough? I tend to prefer sandbox games to VNs, but I hate it when games mix the worst of both (ie sandboxes where you get locked out of content due to supposedly bad "choices" in your answers, which tend to be random due to poor writing)
I think it's better to think of this as a game that's intended to be replayed — Belle has planned an NG+ replay system from the beginning, though it's obviously not implemented yet. You can't get every possible scene from a single playthrough — because your choices affect your relationships with the characters, opening up options with some, closing them off with others. As an example, there's one character who, depending on your choices, can either be a girlfriend, a friend with benefits, or neither. And each of those options presents you with different scenes.

That said there are optimal paths, depending on your preferences — you can check out the walkthrough (though if you don't follow it precisely, it will lead you to dead ends) — but to be honest, you can also usually just listen to what the characters tell you, especially Belle 's in-game avatar, who's constantly letting you know what the results of your actions are likely to be.

Ziltoid

Nov 1, 2018
On the incest thing... did Belle changed it due to patreon or was it because (s)he really wanted to change the story? I always thought the whole incest thing was one of the main storylines of the game.

How does the Incest Patch affect the new story (ie making it confusing or something) or it changes nothing but names?

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
On the incest thing... did Belle changed it due to patreon or was it because (s)he really wanted to change the story? I always thought the whole incest thing was one of the main storylines of the game.

How does the Incest Patch affect the new story (ie making it confusing or something) or it changes nothing but names?
Patreon. Other question I can't answer since not intending to play alternative version. Will wait for a evil modder like Boxed that will change it to what was intended, without any involvement of Belle.

erbk

Apr 11, 2020
Incest removal in this game is more involved than renaming your sister to 'best friend'.
The big secret to get into Evelyn's mind is changed, her taboo you need to change is altered, and interactions with other characters are also changed.

It's quite impressive what Belle did here actually. Everything is changed in text so the actual gameplay and scenes are the same.
While I prefer the original version as that gives Evelyn an actual big secret and taboo, the replacement is still interesting and worked out well.

I haven't tried the 'patch' yet but probably it reverses all text string changes by wholesale replacing the rpa file these are in.

Ziltoid

Nov 1, 2018
Patreon. Other question I can't answer since not intending to play alternative version. Will wait for a evil modder like Boxed that will change it to what was intended, without any involvement of Belle.
Thank you.

Ziltoid

Nov 1, 2018
Incest removal in this game is more involved than renaming your sister to 'best friend'.
The big secret to get into Evelyn's mind is changed, her taboo you need to change is altered, and interactions with other characters are also changed.

It's quite impressive what Belle did here actually. Everything is changed in text so the actual gameplay and scenes are the same.
While I prefer the original version as that gives Evelyn an actual big secret and taboo, the replacement is still interesting and worked out well.

I haven't tried the 'patch' yet but probably it reverses all text string changes by wholesale replacing the rpa file these are in.
Yeah i've played a little bit of it and didn't want to go any further in case belle was going to fix it back... I was pretty invested in the old story, don't really know how to feel about it.

Reactions: Antosha

Kirel

Mar 18, 2018
While Evelyn's original story will always be "canon" for me, I've been very impressed with how Belle was able to re-work it for the Patreon censors so far. I haven't finished it yet, but so far, it's all coherent and makes sense. Much better than a simple "landlady/roommate" find and replace job.

VDawe

Apr 30, 2018
alright what am i doing wrong ? i followed the WT but i dont have Evelyn option here...

Antosha

Feb 28, 2018
Just started the replay of the "new and improved" version... :rolleyes:

Hey, Belle — when did you add the Seamus Heaney quote??? It... kind of changes how I feel entering the world of the story. Just a bit. :)

Belle

Developer of Long Live the Princess
Game Developer
Sep 25, 2017
Just started the replay of the "new and improved" version... :rolleyes:

Hey, Belle — when did you add the Seamus Heaney quote??? It... kind of changes how I feel entering the world of the story. Just a bit. :)
Nobody said it was improved. It's just different and hopefully not worse.

The quote and other tweaks to the opening section were added in version 0.29.

Jvalentine112

Jul 17, 2020
Hey Belle. Just wanted to thank you for making this wonderful game. I have really really enjoyed it, and I don't say that about most games like these. It really dragged me into the game and made me feel like I WAS the MC. So thank you very much

Reactions: Belle and glassware

DigDug69

Jun 29, 2019
*grabs popcorn, waits for mandatory Day 64 walkthrough question*
It will happen.
Like a horde of undead sex crazed zombies, they will show up every day asking for help with the walk-through and commenting on how it doesn't have the correct choices listed.

Then other members will get sick and tired of seeing the same questions over and over again. So they will form little enclaves with barb wire fences, and then they will shoot anyone who even looks like a sex crazed zombie.
There are a lot of sex crazed zombies here, and not all of them use the walk-through's.

It will be total anarchy.

Last edited:

Antosha

Feb 28, 2018
Nobody said it was improved. It's just different and hopefully not worse.

The quote and other tweaks to the opening section were added in version 0.29.
Very, very cool. I guess I haven't started a fresh playthrough in a while.

Whether it's an improvement or not isn't really important. I'm actually enjoying the new plotline — it works pretty seamlessly so far. (Here's where I admit that neither incest nor NTR are kinks I care much about either way, so...)

I'm up to the scene where the MC is confronting Evelyn about her betrothed. Was there always an Empire Strikes Back callout there??? "Search your feelings. You know it is true." :ROFLMAO:

4.60 star(s) 376 Votes