crabsinthekitchen

Apr 28, 2020
I seem to be stuck again. I haven't been able to unlock the final secret for Primrose, Evelyn, and the Crone. I looked at the walkthrough for the game and it doesn't work for the Crone. I can't unlock Lilith or Lilith's hut. I keep visiting the girl at the river in the afternoon (Lilith) and the same scene plays out each time. It says I don't have enough information to unlock Merek's dark legacy with Primrose. I keep doing lunches and massages with Evelyn but nothing more seems to come from it. I also haven't been able to progress with Callie (at least not with any type of sexual encounter).

The game could really benefit from a quest log. The unlocked hint screen is half way there but it isn't a quest log.
For Evelyn's secret, talk to Aldred, he's the only person other than Evelyn who might know something about it

For Crone you actually have all the clues you need, you just need to cast Invade Mind on her
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
For Callie, ask for a naked fashion show a couple of times, you'll probably figure out what to do there, then you can ask her to have sex. Oh, and if she asks not to cum inside, don't, unless you're fine with not having sex with her again (and since you dispelled contraceptive spell, she'll never be fine with cumming inside

And for Primrose, sorry, you need to play again and try to keep her out of prison (I believe in-game message should have said something like this). Or at least make her confess that she let a woman inside the library before she gets arrested, you can let her go to prison after that. You won't miss much by not solving this secret yet, so it's not necessary to reload yet but it might be important in later updates. In the worst case you'll get a different ending from those of us who did everything

Mar 21, 2018
For Evelyn's secret, talk to Aldred, he's the only person other than Evelyn who might know something about it

For Crone you actually have all the clues you need, you just need to cast Invade Mind on her
For Callie, ask for a naked fashion show a couple of times, you'll probably figure out what to do there, then you can ask her to have sex. Oh, and if she asks not to cum inside, don't, unless you're fine with not having sex with her again (and since you dispelled contraceptive spell, she'll never be fine with cumming inside

And for Primrose, sorry, you need to play again and try to keep her out of prison (I believe in-game message should have said something like this). Or at least make her confess that she let a woman inside the library before she gets arrested, you can let her go to prison after that. You won't miss much by not solving this secret yet, so it's not necessary to reload yet but it might be important in later updates. In the worst case you'll get a different ending from those of us who did everything
I'll give it a try, thank you!

I did all those lines with the crone (1-7) and after the 'Scales in Crone's hut' hint, she didn't believe me and it all ended with failure. I'll try it again though...

I did try and keep Primrose out of jail but wasn't able to accomplish it. It was my first playthrough of the game and I didn't want to use a walkthrough. Playing a game with a walkthrough makes the game pointless in my opinion. The best games I've played have been intuitive enough to not require one ('Love of Magic' comes to mind). I've been able to figure out most games without having to use a walkthrough.

Belle

Developer of Long Live the Princess
Game Developer
Sep 25, 2017
It appears that the author lowered the quality of many renders to keep the file size low. It is especially apparent with Samarra. All of her renders look low quality. The example images on the OP are higher quality, in general, than what you find in game.
Sorry, but that's not true in the slightest. I would appreciate it if you don't spread false information like this because a lot of people are going to read your post and think that what you said is true when it's blatantly not.

There has been no reduction in image quality in this game at any point in its development. The images are still the high bitrate JPGs they have always been. The original PNG files have never been used as example screenshots. The only time I've even shared any of them was when I did a comparison earlier in this thread so that people could see with their own eyes that they're practically impossible to differentiate from the JPGs.

Keep in mind that the game is 720p, so if you play at any other resolution than that, you're at the mercy of the Ren'py upscaler. I've never heard of any issues with it, but that might be what you're seeing if you have reduced image quality. In that case, you'd see the same effect in any game that isn't your monitor's native resolution.

Mar 21, 2018
Sorry, but that's not true in the slightest. I would appreciate it if you don't spread false information like this because a lot of people are going to read your post and think that what you said is true when it's blatantly not.

There has been no reduction in image quality in this game at any point in its development. The images are still the high bitrate JPGs they have always been. The original PNG files have never been used as example screenshots. The only time I've even shared any of them was when I did a comparison earlier in this thread so that people could see with their own eyes that they're practically impossible to differentiate from the JPGs.

Keep in mind that the game is 720p, so if you play at any other resolution than that, you're at the mercy of the Ren'py upscaler. I've never heard of any issues with it, but that might be what you're seeing if you have reduced image quality. In that case, you'd see the same effect in any game that isn't your monitor's native resolution.
Fair enough, I'll take your word for it.

No one, except those playing on mobile, play games in 720p. Most of your renders don't have good quality at a standard resolution of 1920x1080. 1920x1080 has been the standard resolution for desktop and laptop computers for many years. In fact, most monitors have a native resolution of 1920x1080. Everything looks better when a monitor is set to its native resolution. 1920x1080 is becoming the minimum resolution that many games and apps recommend, now that 4K resolutions are becoming mainstream. Newer monitors have been released over the past several years with native resolutions well above 1920x1080.

Your prefered resolution and renders are 12-15 years old in technology and standards. It only works well if your goal is catering to 100% mobile devices which use low resolution and small screens.

Any technology guru will tell you this.

Example of low quality render:

Samarra.jpg

Image was taken with full image quality and no compression at a resolution of 1920x1080. Notice how blurry and washed out all the detail and color is? Her face looks OK but the rest of the image isn't good quality by any standards! Many of the renders in the game follow this same pattern.

Regardless, thank you for this game! It is appreciated! I have had fun with it.

boxedjack

Apr 23, 2017
Notice how blurry and washed out all the detail and color is? Her face looks OK but the rest of the image isn't good quality by any standards!
That's not an issue with the resolution, I don't think. The background is deliberatly out of focus not to distract from the character. You mentioned yourself the face looks fine.
Being a DIK does the same thing and is widely regarded as one of the games with the best renders:
Characters generally look much better than background elements in Long Live the Princess which I think is more of an issue with a lack of assets with high quality textures rather than the resolution of the renders.

Last edited:
Reactions: johnelros
Mar 21, 2018
That's not an issue with the resolution, I don't think. The background is deliberatly out of focus not to distract from the character. You mentioned yourself the face looks fine.
Being a DIK does the same thing and is widely regarded as one of the games with the best renders:
That is not what I'm complaining about. The image you showed has way better resolution and detail in the girl than the example I posted. I understand that the background is deliberately out of focus. Being a DIK has really good renders. If this game had the same quality of renders as 'Being a DIK' I would be overjoyed.

Mar 21, 2018
I dunno what's going on, but compared to the screenshots my resolution is absolute shit. Like blurry as shit. The pixie showed up in the begning and her pussy looked non existent as well as her nipples, like just pixel city.
I deleted my earlier reply because it was false. I assumed that the author downscaled the rendering quality to save file space. This was not the case according to the author.

The real reason is due to the fact that the author rendered the game in 720p (1280x720 resolution). This is 15 year old technology and very few use it anymore. Every upscale in resolution will result in the game looking worse and worse. It doesn't look that great at 1K (1920x1080 resolution). If you double that to 2K (2048) or even to 4K (4096) it will look horrendous! This is likely your issue.

Nejifan

Jul 5, 2018
Is there a console command or something that can give me the knock spell? I am very far along in the story, to the point where Nell is no longer at the stable and the crone isn't 'the crone' anymore (I don't want to reveal a spoiler with any of this). So because of this, I can't progress through the proper scenes to get "knock". Can someone help me out? I recognize that this can jack up my game but I really want callie and I really don't want to start all over.

xapican

Devoted Member
May 11, 2020
Is there a console command or something that can give me the knock spell? I am very far along in the story, to the point where Nell is no longer at the stable and the crone isn't 'the crone' anymore (I don't want to reveal a spoiler with any of this). So because of this, I can't progress through the proper scenes to get "knock". Can someone help me out? I recognize that this can jack up my game but I really want callie and I really don't want to start all over.
Search upper trainigs grounds but only if u learnd the Knock spell from the Crone

Nejifan

Jul 5, 2018
Search upper trainigs grounds but only if u learnd the Knock spell from the Crone
That's my issue. I get the scene where you find callie at the training ground naked, but I'm not able to search. And I learned the Crone's identity before I was given the knock spell. That's why I'm asking if there's a console command or something that can help me.

Reactions: xapican
Mar 21, 2018
Try these console commands:

$ inventory.add(inventory_11)
spellbook_status_knock=7

Last edited:
Reactions: xapican

Regardie

Jul 27, 2017
Fair enough, I'll take your word for it.

No one, except those playing on mobile, play games in 720p. Most of your renders don't have good quality at a standard resolution of 1920x1080. 1920x1080 has been the standard resolution for desktop and laptop computers for many years. In fact, most monitors have a native resolution of 1920x1080. Everything looks better when a monitor is set to its native resolution. 1920x1080 is becoming the minimum resolution that many games and apps recommend, now that 4K resolutions are becoming mainstream. Newer monitors have been released over the past several years with native resolutions well above 1920x1080.

Your prefered resolution and renders are 12-15 years old in technology and standards. It only works well if your goal is catering to 100% mobile devices which use low resolution and small screens.

Any technology guru will tell you this.

Example of low quality render:

View attachment 882331

Image was taken with full image quality and no compression at a resolution of 1920x1080. Notice how blurry and washed out all the detail and color is? Her face looks OK but the rest of the image isn't good quality by any standards! Many of the renders in the game follow this same pattern.

Regardless, thank you for this game! It is appreciated! I have had fun with it.
A screen grab of your screen is not so helpful to make a decision of the quality of the render. Maybe you should look at the original file. It's not that hard to extract the images from the game.

RC-1138 Boss

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2017
The real reason is due to the fact that the author rendered the game in 720p (1280x720 resolution). This is 15 year old technology and very few use it anymore. Every upscale in resolution will result in the game looking worse and worse. It doesn't look that great at 1K (1920x1080 resolution). If you double that to 2K (2048) or even to 4K (4096) it will look horrendous! This is likely your issue.
That is nowhere near the truth...:rolleyes:

Very few use 4K or 2K and a similar resolution 1366x768 is still fairly used worldwide.

Mar 21, 2018
A screen grab of your screen is not so helpful to make a decision of the quality of the render. Maybe you should look at the original file. It's not that hard to extract the images from the game.
You missed the entire point. Yes, I know how to extract the images from the game. The render is 1280x720 resolution. Who plays the game at that resolution? No one that I know of except mobile users. The majority of computer monitors and laptop screens have a native resolution of 1920x1080 (1080p or 1K). That makes the render stretch to double its original size and reduces image quality substantially. Posting the render at its original resolution proves nothing. The fact is that most players will have the image stretched to fit a higher resolution which makes the image lose quality and definition. Monitors and screens display the best image quality at their native resolution.

The image you posted still isn't that good. Look at the lack of detail, definition, and resolution of her body, especially her breasts and stomach.

Last edited:
Mar 21, 2018
That is nowhere near the truth...:rolleyes:

Very few use 4K or 2K and a similar resolution 1366x768 is still fairly used worldwide.
Thank you for proving my point! Only 4.95% of people use 1280x720 resolution. The majority use 1920x1080 like I said. 1920x1080 is quickly becoming the low standard for screen resolution. I never mentioned how many people used 2K and 4K resolutions so your "That is nowhere near the truth" statement is fantasy. Thank you!

Last edited:
  • Angry
Reactions: RC-1138 Boss

Regardie

Jul 27, 2017
You missed the entire point. Yes, I know how to extract the images from the game. The render is 1280x720 resolution. Who plays the game at that resolution? No one that I know of except mobile users. The majority of computer monitors and laptop screens have a native resolution of 1920x1080 (1080p or 1K). That makes the render stretch to double its original size and reduces image quality substantially. Posting the render at its original resolution proves nothing. The fact is that most players will have the image stretched to fit a higher resolution which makes the image lose quality and definition. Monitors and screens display the best image quality at their native resolution. I'm not aware of one full-size monitor or laptop screen with a native resolution of 1280x720. You could find those 10-15 years ago though.

The image you posted still isn't that good. Look at the lack of detail, definition, and resolution of her body, especially her breasts and stomach.
I don't think I missed the point at all. You have chosen to play the game in a resolution that it was not made for and continue to complain about how your system upscales the images.

Mar 21, 2018
I don't think I missed the point at all. You have chosen to play the game in a resolution that it was not made for and continue to complain about how your system upscales the images.
Please stop arguing and save yourself the embarrassment. Any system will upscale the images when using a higher resolution than 1280x720. It is simple math.

The vast majority of people play games and use apps at their display's native resolution. When you don't use the screen's native resolution, it often looks funny and most people can see the difference. As an earlier poster pointed out, only 4.95% of the people in the world use a resolution of 1280x720 (the resolution of the game images/renders). Most people use a higher resolution than this. The images are forced to upscale with negative consequences (lower image quality). Most of the rendered games on F95Zone render at 1920x1080 (1080p or 1K). Since the majority of players play at that resolution, no upscaling occurs and no image quality is lost.

I've been a systems builder for 20 years and have put together over 1000 computer systems for clients. I've also offered full IT services during the past 20 years. You aren't going to be more knowledgeable than me on this, sorry.

Last edited:

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
Please stop arguing and save yourself the embarrassment. Any system will upscale the images when using a higher resolution than 1280x720. It is simple math.

I've been a systems builder for 20 years and have put together over 1000 computer systems for clients. I've also offered full IT services during the past 20 years. You aren't going to be more knowledgeable than me on this, sorry.
I see you're humble too.

4.60 star(s) 378 Votes