RC-1138 Boss

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2017
Thank you for proving my point! Only 4.95% of people use 1280x720 resolution. The majority use 1920x1080 like I said. 1920x1080 is quickly becoming the low standard for screen resolution. I never mentioned how many people used 2K and 4K resolutions so your "That is nowhere near the truth" statement is fantasy. Thank you!
So those aren't your words then?:cautious:
[...]
Most of your renders don't have good quality at a standard resolution of 1920x1080. 1920x1080 has been the standard resolution for desktop and laptop computers for many years. In fact, most monitors have a native resolution of 1920x1080. Everything looks better when a monitor is set to its native resolution. 1920x1080 is becoming the minimum resolution that many games and apps recommend, now that 4K resolutions are becoming mainstream. Newer monitors have been released over the past several years with native resolutions well above 1920x1080.
[...]
"Love" how you cherrypick just what you want to see and purposefully avoid what i actually said in my post.

Mar 21, 2018
I see you're humble too.
You don't know me and I don't know you.

Truth is truth and facts are facts.

I know that everyone wants to chime in and support the developer/author when someone disagrees with the author or says something negative. You guys are the ones continuing this topic.

Developers/authors don't poop gold and their poop still stinks. Sorry to disappoint everyone. I won't back down though when the truth is being told. Developers/authors aren't infalible or perfect. Everything they touch doesn't turn to gold, sorry.

Post above this one proves my point. Fans are grasping at straws trying to find some fault in what I said. The truth is on my side unfortunately.

• Angry
Reactions: RC-1138 Boss

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
You don't know me and I don't know you.

Truth is truth and facts are facts.

I know that everyone wants to chime in and support the developer/author when someone disagrees with the author or says something negative. You guys are the ones continuing this topic.

Developers/authors don't poop gold and their poop still stinks. Sorry to disappoint everyone. I won't back down though when the truth is being told. Developers/authors aren't infalible or perfect. Everything they touch doesn't turn to gold, sorry.

Post above this one proves my point. Fans are grasping at straws trying to find some fault in what I said. The truth is on my side unfortunately.
True. The only thing I know about you is how you conduct yourself in this thread. So far, that doesn't paint a very flattering picture.

The simple truth is that instead of conversing with people in the community, you're dictating to them. Instead of listening, you're talking at them. Not a good way to be a member of a community. I don't really care how much you think of yourself. You may be an upstanding person in real life, but you're acting like an asshole to others in a group that tends to get along very well with each other. You are the troll here.

glassware

Oct 6, 2020
You guys are the ones continuing this topic.

The truth is on my side unfortunately.
You're not continuing the topic by replying?

Somebody complained that their game graphics don't match the quality of the screenshots. Belle said they're the same images that are in the game. For some reason you continue to suggest that the "low" resolution would somehow explain the difference between their in-game graphics and the thread screenshots, when the only difference should be ren'py upsampling vs browser upsampling (if any).

Also, you seem to think the 22% of computers with 1920 x 1080 is a "majority". Facts are facts?

We get it, you don't like the renders. Okay. We're not denying you don't like them. Enjoy the hundreds of other games with in-your-opinion better graphics.

(The icing on the cake is that the image you chose looks so much better than 99% of games on here in my opinion. Resolution/sharpness is not the most important quality to me, once you've reach a minimum resolution bar like 720p.)

Last edited:

glassware

Oct 6, 2020
I checked the top 15 3dcg ren'py games (skipping games using Honey Select for art) when ranked by thumbs.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I stopped at 15 because Long Live the Princess was #16, which would have confused things.

1920x1080: 9 games
1530x920: 1 game
1600x900: 1 game
1280x720: 4 games

Yes, 1080p is the majority. But 6 out of 15 are lower resolution than 1080p, and 4 of them are 720p. So yes, Long Live the Princess has a lower resolution than "most" games, but there are plenty of other high-rated games that are also 720p, so I don't think it makes sense to try to single it out as some huge failing. Clearly plenty of people here don't have a problem with these games, given their ranking.

Pamphlet

Aug 5, 2020
Nah, it's frame-rate complaints next.
Wall to wall posts from people angrily showing screenshots with an FPS counter locked at 1.

• Haha
Reactions: voldybuff

crabsinthekitchen

Apr 28, 2020
Can you find out if the girls are pregnant in the game or is it just in the code?
so far just in code, it wasn't implemented yet and will most likely only affect the ending. if you came inside after dispelling Contraceptive, they are (well, at least the flag is set in code), except Fey girls and likely Samarra (Samarra can get pregnant but it's harder to do since her scenes are not repeatable)

milos1fan

Aug 30, 2020
so far just in code, it wasn't implemented yet and will most likely only affect the ending. if you came inside after dispelling Contraceptive, they are (well, at least the flag is set in code), except Fey girls and likely Samarra (Samarra can get pregnant but it's harder to do since her scenes are not repeatable)
So is Nell one of those visibly pregnant characters?

iainmore

Jun 12, 2017
no one is visibly pregnant YET. I mean, the game lasts for like two months, normally pregnancy isn't visible until it's been 3-4 months
I think in a fantasy stroke fiction setting anything is possible. Authors and creators can take any liberties they want.

RC-1138 Boss

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2017
Pretty sure Belle already said to not count on it. That would be too much extra work with alternative renders.

milos1fan

Aug 30, 2020
Is there a way to bring up the conversation of magic with Thaddeus? Without starting the final part of the game, it seems it's the only thing I have left to do.

4.60 star(s) 378 Votes