artofwar

Mar 17, 2020
How do you get charisma 6? Think I stopped playing before it was added and can't figure it out, seem to have exhausted all available options except endgame.

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
How do you get charisma 6? Think I stopped playing before it was added and can't figure it out, seem to have exhausted all available options except endgame.
check walkthrough (search charisma).

Belle

Developer of Long Live the Princess
Game Developer
Sep 25, 2017
It will be slightly easier to max out your charisma in 0.35 because I decided to make it possible to get it from Samarra even if you choose not to go all the way with her. This should work for existing games too, but I haven't tested it.

Maxing out charisma will be even easier in 0.36 because of Callie's romance path. At that point, there will be one more point of charisma available in the game than you need, which gives you some more choice in how to approach things.

While I can't guarantee it, I expect that Sister Agnes will provide another source of charisma. However, I haven't fleshed out her story enough yet that I know exactly how it will turn out, so things might change.

By the way, you won't be able to get charisma twice from the same source, even in NG+. If you got a point from, say, Nell in NG, she will not give you another point in NG+, even if you seduce her. All your points will have to come from different sources.

kotte

Feb 11, 2018
Small question (asking for spoilers here, I know):
Considering that "pregnant" is not one of my kinks, will I be missing out on something important if I don't remove the Contraceptive Spell?

Belle

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2017
Considering that "pregnant" is not one of my kinks, will I be missing out on something important if I don't remove the Contraceptive Spell?
No. The only thing you'll miss out on is an extra sex position with Erato.

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
don't think so and preggos will be shown in epilogues only so even if you remove that spell don't have to look big bellies until then.

guard123

May 21, 2017
hey belle, just wanted to say great game and fantastic effort on the ending overall.

Just one question, will you go any further with the woman who blew the MC as payment for her dress at the tailor shop?

Belle

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2017
Just one question, will you go any further with the woman who blew the MC as payment for her dress at the tailor shop?
Nah, she was never intended as more than a one-shot character. In fact, you don't even want to see that model naked (she looks horrible underneath that dress). She works for that scene and that scene alone.

niko82

Mar 29, 2020
once again no and once again not needed once starts endgame.
well there is diferent ending, could be nice to have some hints how to have them, i played 4 different times to have same ending, and the game is quite long to restart, so yeah a walktrough is needed ( or giving up, then unlock galery and watch)

Dec 21, 2020
I've been one of them and I'm happy to continue to debate this with all due respect to your great writing. :)
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Agreeing with this.

And man, if a game can spurn such convos then it's a really well-made one in my book. Again, you rock, Belle. (both in-game and here ;) )

Dec 21, 2020
Well that depends on what someone determines as the 'best choice'. Some consider single routes as best choices. While others consider harem endings as the best choice. So it should be an option where all the characters get that good ending, it is for the player to determine if they want that route or not. So while those who got their best choices with single routes with their favourtie girl, it seemed lacking or incomplete to not have the harem ending as an option. To me endings can make or break a game and after everything you have gone through with all the girls and done the ending to me was just unsatisfying.
I can kinda know the feeling here. For ex if the Harem route (which I usually prefer) exists and includes Samarra, I'll refuse it as I always considered Samarra to be a pure mentor figure, to the extent that I even slightly disliked seeing essential Charisma points being locked in her route, which involves engaging in sexual stuff with her. So yeah I can get behind that. Though I also understand Belle's pov.

Imo the maximum we can go in the game "realistically" is what lonelyk suggested, with quasi-harem being that scenario he and Belle were debating. Maybe "types". The "incest-royal" one with the princesses and cally, the "fairy" ones with the queens, erator and maybe Lea, then the pure single ones. Imo.

Belle

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2017
I think it helps to understand my point of view for the epilogues if you consider me to subscribe to Sid Meier's philosophy of game design. Sid Meier has been a huge inspiration to me for years due to his economical and practical approach to every single gameplay choice in the games he supervises. The XCOM remake is a perfect example of this. He wasn't the designer for that game but he did help supervise the design.

In that game, most missions are received in pairs (or worse). Accepting one mission means abandoning another. Veterans of the genre will know that this was not part of the design philosophy of the original XCOM, so how come it was added here? This was a direct result of Sid Meier's influence. He advocates that any decision a game offers the player needs to be interesting. If a decision is not interesting, the player should never see it in the first place. What does "interesting" mean? It means that no choice you can make would be easy or obvious. Each option comes with pros and cons, requiring you to sacrifice something to gain something else. This feeds the addictive quality of the XCOM remake in a way that the original couldn't.

Each time you choose a mission in XCOM, you gain a benefit for doing so (assuming you succeed). But because you also had to turn down another mission to do this one, you suffer negative consequences from the mission you chose not to do. The magic here comes from the combination of positive and negative consequences. If all the difference between the two mission choices was in what positive effect it offers you, the choice would usually be quite straightforward: pick whatever you need the most for your chosen overall strategy. But because the negative consequences are so dramatic, sometimes, the need to avoid one of those might outweigh your desire to pick the positive outcome that would most directly benefit you. This is an interesting choice. Your decision is not a given beforehand, and you'll easily end up second-guessing yourself even after you have made your choice. I cannot overstate just how much more satisfying the gameplay loop becomes once you challenge the player's decision-making in this way.

You will see this school of game design in many aspects of LLtP, both in obvious and not-so-obvious ways. This is why most dialogue choices in the game will increase one variable while decreasing another. This is why I give you the option to threaten Nell with a breakup. This is why I offer alternate paths for some characters (with more to come, hopefully).

Sure, I don't always handle the consequences properly for opinion variables (something I wish to address in a future update), but the concept is there for the fleshing out. These things were done quite purposefully when I designed LLtP, years ago.

And this is why you will never see an ending in this game that is objectively better than the others. The more desirable an outcome is, the bigger the negative consequences of picking it. I don't want my players to have their cake and eat it too, even if there are decent enough arguments for creating scenarios where it could happen. Once decisions become obvious, why offer choice at all?

I want LLtP to be a good game. I want you to feel as if your decisions while playing it have weight to them. I want you to be invested in the choice you make while simultaneously regretting the ones you couldn't.

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
well there is diferent ending, could be nice to have some hints how to have them, i played 4 different times to have same ending, and the game is quite long to restart, so yeah a walktrough is needed ( or giving up, then unlock galery and watch)
if you did all what wt said before end game and made right and obvious choices who helps on what task then until you reach demon then no choices and on that you just need to figure proper clues to advance (saving after each right choice is recommended).

duningtwo

Mar 2, 2020
I want LLtP to be a good game. I want you to feel as if your decisions while playing it have weight to them. I want you to be invested in the choice you make while simultaneously regretting the ones you couldn't.
can confirm, was sad and guilt-ridden when i dumped nell preggers on her throne. reminder never to kowtow to a whiney fanbase or players end up with conflux instead of forge.

lonelyk

Feb 12, 2019
I think it helps to understand my point of view for the epilogues if you consider me to subscribe to Sid Meier's philosophy of game design. Sid Meier has been a huge inspiration to me for years due to his economical and practical approach to every single gameplay choice in the games he supervises. The XCOM remake is a perfect example of this. He wasn't the designer for that game but he did help supervise the design.

In that game, most missions are received in pairs (or worse). Accepting one mission means abandoning another. Veterans of the genre will know that this was not part of the design philosophy of the original XCOM, so how come it was added here? This was a direct result of Sid Meier's influence. He advocates that any decision a game offers the player needs to be interesting. If a decision is not interesting, the player should never see it in the first place. What does "interesting" mean? It means that no choice you can make would be easy or obvious. Each option comes with pros and cons, requiring you to sacrifice something to gain something else. This feeds the addictive quality of the XCOM remake in a way that the original couldn't.

Each time you choose a mission in XCOM, you gain a benefit for doing so (assuming you succeed). But because you also had to turn down another mission to do this one, you suffer negative consequences from the mission you chose not to do. The magic here comes from the combination of positive and negative consequences. If all the difference between the two mission choices was in what positive effect it offers you, the choice would usually be quite straightforward: pick whatever you need the most for your chosen overall strategy. But because the negative consequences are so dramatic, sometimes, the need to avoid one of those might outweigh your desire to pick the positive outcome that would most directly benefit you. This is an interesting choice. Your decision is not a given beforehand, and you'll easily end up second-guessing yourself even after you have made your choice. I cannot overstate just how much more satisfying the gameplay loop becomes once you challenge the player's decision-making in this way.

You will see this school of game design in many aspects of LLtP, both in obvious and not-so-obvious ways. This is why most dialogue choices in the game will increase one variable while decreasing another. This is why I give you the option to threaten Nell with a breakup. This is why I offer alternate paths for some characters (with more to come, hopefully).

Sure, I don't always handle the consequences properly for opinion variables (something I wish to address in a future update), but the concept is there for the fleshing out. These things were done quite purposefully when I designed LLtP, years ago.

And this is why you will never see an ending in this game that is objectively better than the others. The more desirable an outcome is, the bigger the negative consequences of picking it. I don't want my players to have their cake and eat it too, even if there are decent enough arguments for creating scenarios where it could happen. Once decisions become obvious, why offer choice at all?

Well I certainly felt invested but I regretted I could not have the ending I wished. I guess you have me where you wanted :)

You're making a different kind of argument and it makes more sense than strictly story reasons but I'm not a fan of those bittersweet endings. You can make tough choices over the course of the game but at the end of the journey, but I like my endings to be satisfying. Rewarding. Fulfilling. Having enjoyable, but different paths. Yeah, different is the right word. Sure most people probably wish for a harem but many have a favorite character and would likely prefer going a single route with a deeper story for that character. It does not necessarily mean the harem option is superior and kills the choice if every route is great in its own right and you get more content with the character you chose. I would also certainly explore every ending anyway. Like JustAPasserby suggested, I think having logical groupings that do not encompass everyone would be even more enjoyable than having every girl in a harem and would offer several good but different options, along the single romance paths. So that's still in the spirit of Sid Meier's meaningful choices but with more options.

A different suggestion if you discard my previous comment: do not show the ending of other characters than the one the player picked in that path. I don't know how others would feel about this, but I think that way you avoid the negative of having to let down many other characters although it's hinted/logical and the player would perhaps not feel bummed and only focus on the positive with the love interest of their choice.

Last edited:

Fanatic7

Jun 5, 2017
So what is remaining to do in the game? And why don't we get more sex scenes with Belle? Maybe a spell or trinket to make us shrink into belle's size to allow us to fuck her whenever we want, just an idea.

Paapi

Engaged Member
Jan 21, 2020
So what is remaining to do in the game? And why don't we get more sex scenes with Belle? Maybe a spell or trinket to make us shrink into belle's size to allow us to fuck her whenever we want, just an idea.
He is not even ready to add more scenes to absorb path

4.60 star(s) 378 Votes