depechedNode

Oct 10, 2017
This is a response from a dev whose game was suffering from it. View attachment 1113515
I'm a win7 64bit user, tried the newest version out of curiosity and it worked without an issue. Also tried another game which is using latest Ren'Py version and that worked too.

Finally tried the one by Slim Games and it gave me the error, so it looks like there's something wrong with Slim Games release, they might have heavily modified the Ren'Py or added some weird plugin, etc.

Reactions: DigDug69 and Belle

Malcowitz

Feb 14, 2018
I really hope they add a perfect harem ending: I last played just before they revealed who (obviously) the witch was. Changed computers meanwhile so I'd have to replay everything so I'm thinking I might as well wait for it to complete if there ain't any extra preggo content

Stareagle lord

Aug 8, 2017
Wish there was a way to get both the princess, elf queen, elf princess turned queen, and like rest of the girls but i guess thats just going to be a dream no? :(

Nov 24, 2019
Finally tried the one by Slim Games and it gave me the error, so it looks like there's something wrong with Slim Games release, they might have heavily modified the Ren'Py or added some weird plugin, etc.
Not necessarily, its more likely due to relying on some Python 2 specific function.

Python 2 has received EOL last year, but Ren'Py still uses it; The new Ren'Py version (7.4) was made to, among other reasons, prepare for Python 3 switch which should happen, according to PyTom, on Ren'Py 8.

The_fallen_dragon

Jun 15, 2017
Is it possible to get Evelyn's charisma point without getting into a relationship with her? I think she's the only one whose point requires that, which means the Lilith content (and anything else that requires 6 Charisma) is locked behind her relationship
So let me get this right, I'm going to have to start all the way over because I'm not into fucking incest to get the last point to things with one of the characters I actually like?

Belle

Developer of Long Live the Princess
Game Developer
Sep 25, 2017
So let me get this right, I'm going to have to start all the way over because I'm not into fucking incest to get the last point to things with one of the characters I actually like?
This is a result of the way this game is being developed. Starting from version 0.36, you'll have one more source of charisma than you need, which means you can pick one girl who you don't need to pursue to the end. There will likely be at least one more additional source of charisma in another update after that.

For now, however, Evelyn is a requirement.

xapican

Devoted Member
May 11, 2020
Belle
Just so that you know, from what I have seen in other games using the new version of Renpy, it does not play well with any Windows OS older than Windows 10.
Many of those game Devs had to quickly switch over to the older version of Renpy, because a lot of players still use older versions of Windows.
I have seen no such reports by briefly searching the official Ren'py forums, so I'm not too worried at the moment. The closest was an issue with antivirus two minor versions ago, but that was fixed. Still, I'm paying close attention to any reports.

Windows XP is definitely not supported anymore, though.
As a Win 7 64 User, the change of the RenPy versions didn´t affect much my system, only thing what I noticed at the moment ist that some of the Graphics and animations take moe time to load then in the other Versions of RenPy I think that it is also a thing with the Active X version which is installed Win 7 don´t suport the 12 version and also how updated are your Codecs but that is a simple guess shure that some of the IT Pros of the forum can answer that better then me !
Belle thank´s for the Update and Looking forward to play it !!

NotYourBiznes

Apr 2, 2019
I have just reached the ending and... I'm not gonna dwell on whether the game is good or not but I must say one thing. The whole incest thing feels pushed in by force. I mean... mc and his sister commiting incest, their parents commiting incest, the princesses commiting incest... There's too much of it. It's like the story is about incest.

Nov 24, 2019
As a Win 7 64 User, the change of the RenPy versions didn´t affect much my system, only thing what I noticed at the moment ist that some of the Graphics and animations take moe time to load then in the other Versions of RenPy I think that it is also a thing with the Active X version which is installed Win 7 don´t suport the 12 version and also how updated are your Codecs but that is a simple guess shure that some of the IT Pros of the forum can answer that better then me !
Belle thank´s for the Update and Looking forward to play it !!
There a few things you can do:

Shift+G → Force Software Rendering.

This should do the trick, as the updates were on OpenGL side and software rendering is usually SDL; But if you have a GPU it might make the game even slower.

Feel free to enable powersave and cap FPS to 30 as well in case of performance issues.

Remember all changes require a game restart, and they are kinda hit-or-miss; So I advise trying one at each time so you can identify what's better for you.

lordfridge9

Emperor of Universe 7
Donor
Aug 24, 2017
I have just reached the ending and... I'm not gonna dwell on whether the game is good or not but I must say one thing. The whole incest thing feels pushed in by force. I mean... mc and his sister commiting incest, their parents commiting incest, the princesses commiting incest... There's too much of it. It's like the story is about incest.
images.jpg

Solak

Nov 22, 2017
Agreed but not because some have been doing it (with the tavern wench implying there's actually plenty more... to be fair, back in those days, it wasn't necessarily that uncommon). I'd say it's because there's a bit of lack of chemistry. Obviously not between the parents, we never see them anyway.

MC and his sister almost never act like siblings, they don't share many secrets. Evelyn is overall fairly forgettable, despite her screen time. Could be easily fixed by Evelyn knowing stupid crap MC did or shameful facts about the once lazy bum. If she cares about him, she'll tease him to try and motivate him to do better. Or just for fun. Callie kinda gives off that childhood friend vibe for instance, though it's not exactly dwelled upon as much as I'd like. But Evelyn feels neither like a sister nor a mom. She feels like a friendly if not infatuated roommate? My memory of her is kinda hazy at best actually, that's how little of an impact her character made on me. Not enough personality. She doesn't need more screentime, she needs better screentime.

As for the princesses, I'd have liked to see MC actually honouring his word at first to explore a bit more their relationship, what they mean to one another. Possibly showing a scene with Thaddeus too to show him in a new light. Lilith apparently found him nice enough back then, maybe he flirted with her in search of power? As for Selena, he apparently loves her for real, even though I find it fairly inconsistent with his egocentric personality. I actually figured that was what didn't click and he was just looking to seize power through her. Got my head crushed for that answer. An answer I don't have much of a clue on because it's never been explored. Selena is the center of the story and when we can finally learn about her, it's just a sex scene and that's it. Basically, the only characterisation we get of her is: Selena = horny magical princess dyke.

Games are smoke and mirrors. They need to give the illusion of a living world to the player. That illusion is missing for those relations, which pretty much destroys them. I gave more of a crap for the Leanan Sidhe than Evelyn... and still wish her epilogue could be less heartbreaking. Poor girl is doomed to never be with the one man she loved enough to acknowledge her own nature, vowing to change it so she could be accepted by him and possibly have a chance. Yikes...

Haremm lover

Sep 20, 2017
Well I used config.console = True and then also set ability_courage = 50 still on second choice it is saying "I dont have enough courage to say something like that to Aldred. I wish I did, though." So I want to find out what I did wrong and where

4.60 star(s) 378 Votes