DigDug69

Jun 29, 2019
Belle
Just so that you know, from what I have seen in other games using the new version of Renpy, it does not play well with any Windows OS older than Windows 10.
Many of those game Devs had to quickly switch over to the older version of Renpy, because a lot of players still use older versions of Windows.

nicestgamer

Modder
Feb 10, 2019
Updated to LongLiveThePrincess-0.35.1-pc-HQCompressed

Here is an unofficial compressed version of this game.
Going forward I will only do HQ releases until someone request the MQ compression.
(Medium Quality=Smaller File)

(If you appreciate these crunches please consider dropping a like on this post)

Here is a crunched version of the game.
I used YACs High Quality setting for this crunch.
LongLiveThePrincess-0.35.1-pc-HQCompressed
Original 1.04 Gigs
crunched 679 Megs - - - -
(more mirrors upon request - I only use free anonymous hosts)
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
If you would like a smaller Medium image quality file, please let me know.

If you like this story and want to support the dev's you can do so at the following links:
Developer: Belle -

jande21 if you could add to the OP that would be appreciated.

Have a great day/evening/night everyone,
Nicestgamer

Check my profile for unposted HQCompressed or request.

This game crunched using:
YAC - Yet Another Cruncher (A Game Compactor) [V2.1]
YAC Author: hngg

Last edited:

Belle

Developer of Long Live the Princess
Game Developer
Sep 25, 2017
Belle
Just so that you know, from what I have seen in other games using the new version of Renpy, it does not play well with any Windows OS older than Windows 10.
Many of those game Devs had to quickly switch over to the older version of Renpy, because a lot of players still use older versions of Windows.
I have seen no such reports by briefly searching the official Ren'py forums, so I'm not too worried at the moment. The closest was an issue with antivirus two minor versions ago, but that was fixed. Still, I'm paying close attention to any reports.

Windows XP is definitely not supported anymore, though.

the66

beware, the germans are cumming
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jan 27, 2017
here is my unofficial android port of Long Live The Princess v0.36.0.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

from now on my android ports of Ren'Py games have a 2nd, persistent save location like windows. if you uninstall an app, the save files and persistent data remain intact.
therefore the app needs the permission to access the public external storage (or a new one on Android 11 :FacePalm:), because it has to read and write outside its own external storage directories.
you have to grant the permission or the app is shut down.

have fun and please report problems (you can reach me ).
updated: 24.06.2021 (v0.36.0)

Last edited:

micojive

Oct 2, 2017
It has been a while since I tried this last. Is the game still really tight with requirements? Like if you do something out of order its going to mess up your ability to see scenes the rest of the game? I know you used to have to follow a walkthrough realllllly tight in the past or your playthrough was horrible. Is this still true?

landeaux

Sep 26, 2017
It has been a while since I tried this last. Is the game still really tight with requirements? Like if you do something out of order its going to mess up your ability to see scenes the rest of the game? I know you used to have to follow a walkthrough realllllly tight in the past or your playthrough was horrible. Is this still true?
Thankfully, this was NEVER true. It was the opposite, in fact. People were following an out-of-date walkthrough and getting confused. Honestly, you can do pretty much whatever, in whatever order, and not miss anything.

There's only one event, near the beginning that's time-sensitive, and the game is very clear about that. You can also permanently screw up the romance with your sister, but the game gives you like 5 warnings. You're free to just have fun with it.

DigDug69

Jun 29, 2019
I have seen no such reports by briefly searching the official Ren'py forums, so I'm not too worried at the moment. The closest was an issue with antivirus two minor versions ago, but that was fixed. Still, I'm paying close attention to any reports.

Windows XP is definitely not supported anymore, though.
This is a response from a dev whose game was suffering from it. hhhhh.JPG

Belle

Developer of Long Live the Princess
Game Developer
Sep 25, 2017
This is a response from a dev whose game was suffering from it. View attachment 1113515
I just tried the game on a VMWare VN running Windows 8 and there were no issues. If the problem is with Windows 7 and older OSes, then that's not something I'll try to solve. Microsoft stopped supporting Windows 7 last year.

If people running Windows 8 or newer run into issues, I'd love to hear about them. If you're running Windows 7 or older, you're doing so at your own risk. I can't let outdated, abandoned software hold back the tools I work with.

lonelyk

Feb 12, 2019
It's one branch of the story, she doesn't have to leave if you handle it well. The game story is over, you can play until the ending and have an ending with Evelyn where she's pregnant, now Belle has revisited some earlier parts of the game, that's all.

Reactions: temporaryuser

boxedjack

Apr 23, 2017
Really cool to see all the improved/redone scenes. Gets you excited for whatever Belle has coming up after LLtP.

Reactions: Belle
4.60 star(s) 378 Votes