Belle

Developer of Long Live the Princess
Game Developer
Sep 25, 2017
Also, I pay money to make sure my patrons and subscribers get unimpeded access to my Mega files. Which is why I'm not particularly happy when people directly copy those links to sites like this instead of reuploading them. Downloads cost me money, basically.

PederSilver5

Aug 18, 2020
Also, I pay money to make sure my patrons and subscribers get unimpeded access to my Mega files. Which is why I'm not particularly happy when people directly copy those links to sites like this instead of reuploading them. Downloads cost me money, basically.
As a man with graduate degrees, and engineering and business mgt experience (retired) I compare the costs of patreon, which I was paying as much as $120/month to support artists. I also actively write, translate languages and edit for developers (at no pay other than recognition. I would rather pay a one time cost of up to 70 US than pay for some that do not progress, and abandon their work, I realize times are difficult. I now refuse to use Patreon, but I can consider a subsistence contribution to subscribe star for YOU. But I would prefer a discord or electronic transfer one time, than a recurring debt. You can remove part of this as I do not wish to influence fans to your detriment. While a confusing puzzle, I find your story funny, and at times rewarding for all the effort I have to go through, especially when I do not use your walk through and get lost. Balance perhaps with the aid is best. I believe my yahoo mail is reachable via here, or if you have faith in my sincerity by checking my history, I will give a pmt as indicated above. I suggest you set things up discretely since some of the fans maybe crackers or hackers. Me just a retired Electronics engineer and asst design engineer.

Belle

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2017
As a man with graduate degrees, and engineering and business mgt experience (retired) I compare the costs of patreon, which I was paying as much as $120/month to support artists. I also actively write, translate languages and edit for developers (at no pay other than recognition. I would rather pay a one time cost of up to 70 US than pay for some that do not progress, and abandon their work, I realize times are difficult. I now refuse to use Patreon, but I can consider a subsistence contribution to subscribe star for YOU. But I would prefer a discord or electronic transfer one time, than a recurring debt. You can remove part of this as I do not wish to influence fans to your detriment. While a confusing puzzle, I find your story funny, and at times rewarding for all the effort I have to go through, especially when I do not use your walk through and get lost. Balance perhaps with the aid is best. I believe my yahoo mail is reachable via here, or if you have faith in my sincerity by checking my history, I will give a pmt as indicated above. I suggest you set things up discretely since some of the fans maybe crackers or hackers. Me just a retired Electronics engineer and asst design engineer.
Thanks for the offer, but I don't accept donations anywhere other than through Patreon and SubscribeStar. Why not subscribe and immediately unsubscribe instead? You should keep your benefits for that entire period.

voldybuff

Jun 23, 2017
ut I would prefer a discord or electronic transfer one time, than a recurring debt.
Why not subscribe and immediately unsubscribe instead?
Yeah, it's what I do too. Subscribe for just a month or a couple of months per year. Though my reasons are just straight poverty lmao. I am in no position for a recurring donation but I can do the occasional bump. Just subscribe for a month here and there.

Reactions: Belle

WhiteFireDaemon

Mar 14, 2017
Belle I'm noticing that there's a few things that are probably bugs with the NG+. It seems that despite having courage maxed, there's certain interactions that require you to actually go through the training courage with Thaddeus scene anyways such as some of the stuff to do with Callie. It might be intended game behavior for whatever reason, i dunno, but if it is, then it'd make more sense to lower the courage stat until you repeated the required scene with Thaddeus.

I also had a problem where I got 5/6 charisma points on my first playthrough, but then in NG+ i did everything I could with only 5/6 charisma because the last point never got added from whichever one I had missed. I was stuck one point short and thus couldn't get the scene that requires all six points.

Belle

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2017
@Belle I'm noticing that there's a few things that are probably bugs with the NG+. It seems that despite having courage maxed, there's certain interactions that require you to actually go through the training courage with Thaddeus scene anyways such as some of the stuff to do with Callie. It might be intended game behavior for whatever reason, i dunno, but if it is, then it'd make more sense to lower the courage stat until you repeated the required scene with Thaddeus.
Hmm, it appears that you need 4 courage to initiate Callie's full sex scenes. These things are incredibly difficult to find, so thanks for pointing it out. I have fixed it in the code now, but I don't really see a need for a hotfix right now. As you point out, you can still go through courage training as if it was NG to get around it anyway.

I'm only seeing that one invalid courage check, however. You use Callie's scene as an example, but it's the only such check I can find. Did you spot anything else?

I also had a problem where I got 5/6 charisma points on my first playthrough, but then in NG+ i did everything I could with only 5/6 charisma because the last point never got added from whichever one I had missed. I was stuck one point short and thus couldn't get the scene that requires all six points.
This one looks a little trickier. Judging from a quick glance at the code, I might have made a mistake here that only those who don't max out charisma on their first run will bump into, making it impossible for them to get the maximum. I think the best solution is to change how I calculate charisma in the future. This might be worth a hotfix. I'm going to look into it some more. Thanks.

Technically, the missing charisma point was probably added in your game, but to a variable that is not used in NG+.

Belle

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2017
My head hurts! This charisma problem is turning really complicated because of all the factors I have to keep in mind. It's made even more challenging by some older saves not recording the source of charisma gain. This problem might not be possible to fix in such cases. Still hammering away at this in the hope that I can make a one-size-fits-all solution.

Reactions: Reij

ohmz

Feb 6, 2021
My head hurts! This charisma problem is turning really complicated because of all the factors I have to keep in mind. It's made even more challenging by some older saves not recording the source of charisma gain. This problem might not be possible to fix in such cases. Still hammering away at this in the hope that I can make a one-size-fits-all solution.
Thanks for working on this. I had to edit my save to get to the good end because of the missed charisma point.

WhiteFireDaemon

Mar 14, 2017
Well not really a big deal, I do find it annoying that if you're skipping past stuff, it jumps back to the screen with the "Look at the town map" and "Return home" buttons rather than staying on the map.

I don't know if there's a way to fix where old saves didn't track where the charisma point came from (which i would think would have several other problems with stuff like the in-game walkthrough that was added), but as far as a fix going forward, I would think the easiest way would be to have each charisma point be a T/F flag and every time one is ticked to "true" then it could recalculate your total score with a basic sub function and save it.

Belle

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2017
Thanks for working on this. I had to edit my save to get to the good end because of the missed charisma point.
It's important to report such bugs when you find them. Don't just assume that I already know.

ohmz

Feb 6, 2021
It's important to report such bugs when you find them. Don't just assume that I already know.
I wasn't sure if it was a bug or if the point was just in some spot I missed. But I will remember to report anyway in the future.

Reactions: Belle

Belle

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2017
Well not really a big deal, I do find it annoying that if you're skipping past stuff, it jumps back to the screen with the "Look at the town map" and "Return home" buttons rather than staying on the map.
This was a quick fix in 0.35 to a change in Ren'py behavior. I had to make it drop back to the menu when skipping because otherwise, you might get stuck on the map screen even when moving to different locations. Right now, it's annoying. Before I made that fix, it was broken.

A better fix is incoming, but it's going to need more development time. I expect the map to behave better in 0.36.

I don't know if there's a way to fix where old saves didn't track where the charisma point came from (which i would think would have several other problems with stuff like the in-game walkthrough that was added), but as far as a fix going forward, I would think the easiest way would be to have each charisma point be a T/F flag and every time one is ticked to "true" then it could recalculate your total score with a basic sub function and save it.
Those toggles have been in place for a while and are how I'm calculating the stat now (in the fix I'm working on). The problem is that older saves don't have these toggles, or might have used just a few of them depending on the game state when they were introduced.

This might not be possible to fix at all for NG+ states initialized with old games that didn't max out charisma. This might be such an edge case that it's not worth dealing with. Still thinking about it.

Edit: The cutoff seems to be version 0.25. Any charisma gains made before that version will not have a properly set toggle, leading to problems.

Belle

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2017
I wasn't sure if it was a bug or if the point was just in some spot I missed. But I will remember to report anyway in the future.
If you were in NG, it wasn't a bug. If you were in NG+ and didn't have max charisma when you ended your first game, you probably encountered the bug.

WhiteFireDaemon

Mar 14, 2017
Those toggles have been in place for a while and are how I'm calculating the stat now (in the fix I'm working on). The problem is that older saves don't have these toggles, or might have used just a few of them depending on the game state when they were introduced.

This might not be possible to fix at all for NG+ states initialized with old games that didn't max out charisma. This might be such an edge case that it's not worth dealing with. Still thinking about it.

Edit: The cutoff seems to be version 0.25. Any charisma gains made before that version will not have a properly set toggle, leading to problems.
A patch that could be implemented specifically for those older saves could be a quick questionnaire for people who have those older saves. If the NG+ detects a charisma score that doesn't match up with the saved toggles, then you could just ask players to answer some questions about their game to set the toggles manually. Throw in some "Opps, it seems there's a problem with your saved game data, so just a quick couple of questions and we can sort out this mess!" sort of thing.

Belle

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2017
A patch that could be implemented specifically for those older saves could be a quick questionnaire for people who have those older saves. If the NG+ detects a charisma score that doesn't match up with the saved toggles, then you could just ask players to answer some questions about their game to set the toggles manually. Throw in some "Opps, it seems there's a problem with your saved game data, so just a quick couple of questions and we can sort out this mess!" sort of thing.
It's possible. Clumsy, but possible.

4.60 star(s) 378 Votes