Bentling

May 20, 2017
is there a way to hide/remove the day and time, im dislectic and using the ingame voice over, but i have to lissent to "day 1 monday morning" before every sentence?

Belle

Developer of Long Live the Princess
Game Developer
Sep 25, 2017
is there a way to hide/remove the day and time, im dislectic and using the ingame voice over, but i have to lissent to "day 1 monday morning" before every sentence?
I wasn't even aware that there is such a feature and never developed for it. I'll see if I can make the narrator stop reading that part of the window, though, at first glance, the Ren'py documentation doesn't mention that ability. It's on my list of things to fix, if I can.

PederSilver5

Aug 18, 2020
That's basically what the game got in version 0.35.
Yes, Belle has been on top of this. And I appreciate her writing and story telling skills! Go to page one of the thread, and download the 3.5 walkthrough. Or go to her patreon or subscribestar page also on the links to support this artist / writer's work and get the latest release and commentary. At the end of her currently public release walkthrough, you are on your own with the many twists and puzzles for the best option in ending. On one of my comments, I provided proof of my "successful" end, at the point of the first relationship story ending. After the credits begin rolling, the reader/viewer investigator (you, the MC hero) if you keep reading and click the screen, will get a post departure intelligent interaction with your former mentor, who explains why and how he organized to assist you (as Hero) in your saving the realm and loved ones.

PederSilver5

Aug 18, 2020
When working on complex problems, that allude you, step away, relax do something non stressful, sleep on it, your brain will work it out during rem. Old school coding: Look at your count, introduce another If then statement, ie.. If charisma => X go to line : ### then add +1 in field if field = # write line field (requirement or suggestion where the MC can obtain another charisma to be check summed to up the required charisma current total.

PederSilver5

Aug 18, 2020
Yeah, it's what I do too. Subscribe for just a month or a couple of months per year. Though my reasons are just straight poverty lmao. I am in no position for a recurring donation but I can do the occasional bump. Just subscribe for a month here and there.
I did a subsistence level subscribestar pre your post, which links one of my email boxes. I will re-evaluate to reach the reward I wish to give "her" some of our writers like to use female avatars, which in now way is absolute in reality check. I will bring her to where we can mutually satisfy our intent. And I will give her praise, as I have suggested to fellow developers, and steered them to a contract with Steam games especially when they have completed a game for a source of revenue and feedback. I will provide her a direct link as follows, Valve Corporation also has software engineer openings and applications if that is relevant.

Belle

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2017
So, I went with the dialogue option. The game now asks you where you got your charisma from if it doesn't already know. I guess this can be abused, but that's a small price to pay. This means that any existing save should still be perfectly valid going forward.

The question now is whether or not this is worth hotfixing. It's a lot of updating and uploading to do. I'll mull it over some more.

SoulSwipre

Dec 10, 2019
Hi guys, just finished the end game and was slightly disappointed that there was no harem route, or any route to make everyone happy. It's heartbreaking to see and I'm not excited to play the new game+ immediately. Even with Merek's overly detailed explanation, I'm too dumb to understand how the multiple timeline works. Can anyone who played the new game+ tell me what's the difference? Maybe it unlocks a harem route?

PederSilver5

Aug 18, 2020
So, I went with the dialogue option. The game now asks you where you got your charisma from if it doesn't already know. I guess this can be abused, but that's a small price to pay. This means that any existing save should still be perfectly valid going forward.

The question now is whether or not this is worth hot-fixing. It's a lot of updating and uploading to do. I'll mull it over some more.
I suggest you work on your usual schedule goals, and put this issue on the back burner. I put in sufficient effort to solve my own problems of saves vs progress, by going back and then moving forward and watching progress. If fans follow your walkthrough, they will get through most of the hurdles. If you make things too easy, they will lose interest. When I kept having difficulties, I shut it down for a day, let my brain work on other things and idled through your game on a side thread so to speak. I like that you show some awareness of multi-dimensional physics, which many cannot fathom. Point people to your walkthrough, address crashes, and go forward with your goals for episodes and interactions. If I as a fan were to make a suggestion. It would be to add a couple of scenes with favored females. You have a strong, who done-it. And your walkthrough caused me to lesson my doubt about the Advisor (courage), tricky you.

crabsinthekitchen

Apr 28, 2020
Hi guys, just finished the end game and was slightly disappointed that there was no harem route, or any route to make everyone happy. It's heartbreaking to see and I'm not excited to play the new game+ immediately. Even with Merek's overly detailed explanation, I'm too dumb to understand how the multiple timeline works. Can anyone who played the new game+ tell me what's the difference? Maybe it unlocks a harem route?
There is a harem ending... kind of. And everyone's happy in that ending. Or at least no one complains about it (in game, there are people in the thread who think that ending is too short). You have to have a free will to complain anyway

• Haha
Reactions: DorcasAurelia

SoulSwipre

Dec 10, 2019
There is a harem ending... kind of. And everyone's happy in that ending. Or at least no one complains about it (in game, there are people in the thread who think that ending is too short). You have to have a free will to complain anyway
? I didn't get that ending. Do you mean in the new game+?

Max1276

Mar 14, 2020
guys in day 44 i follow this but still not resolved : Afternoon Town Hall Visit Samarra’s tent Talk to Samarra (Charisma +1) Leave Leave Leave Town Map The Fey Court ‘About your visions…’ Something inherently magical Replace ‘seed’ with ‘spawn’ Suggest the current interpretation to the Fairy Queen Nell is part Fey Nell is the Fairy Queen’s daughter

idontcare08

Oct 25, 2019
I think I'm a bit confused about what NG+ is supposed to be. What is actually different in the playthrough other than a few new dialogue options and getting rid of the contraceptive spell? Does who you choose in the epilogue make any difference? With courage and perversity stats unchanged, is this mostly testing how it will work? Just trying to understand the direction this is going. What all from the first playthrough will have an effect on the NG+?

WhiteFireDaemon

Mar 14, 2017
I think I'm a bit confused about what NG+ is supposed to be. What is actually different in the playthrough other than a few new dialogue options and getting rid of the contraceptive spell? Does who you choose in the epilogue make any difference? With courage and perversity stats unchanged, is this mostly testing how it will work? Just trying to understand the direction this is going. What all from the first playthrough will have an effect on the NG+?
You get a few new dialog options available since you would now be able to have the stats to actually do those things, but the biggest thing I think is that it allows players who couldn't get everything done in the first playthrough can now pick up where they left off in the second. Would be interesting if Belle added more stuff to the NG+ down the road, but it's pretty recently implemented still so I'm not surprised it doesn't have a bigger impact than it does right now.

Reactions: Ace1604

Belle

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2017
The primary purpose behind NG+ is to allow people to replay the game with a little more time available to them. It's based on the NG+ implementation in the Persona games, for the most part. It's like a reward for getting through the more intense first playthrough, whether you won or lost.

NG+ will also feature unique content. There is a tiny bit of it in the tutorial section right now, but there will be more later, including an entire character (Sister Agnes) who only makes a cameo in regular NG.

WhiteFireDaemon

Mar 14, 2017
So it seems the endgame content becomes available after a specific day, but you don't have to immediately do it. Are you going to be forced into it in later updates or will you always be able to put it off until you're ready?

PederSilver5

Aug 18, 2020
? I didn't get that ending. Do you mean in the new game+?
I call the "success" point where you go to the Crone's hut where Selena and Lilith are having a muff diving party, and are offered a partnership in kingdom mgt with benefits. You can choose them, or decline and choose the others you have been playing with back in town, with an understanding to keep certain knowledge to yourself. Recall, there are likely limits to how many LONG TERM relations you can maintain without jealousy coming back and biting you on the seat of your pants. Alternate choices for me: Nelle, the seamstress + Evelyn, The Librarian. You may be able to get up to three I am guessing, as I haven't revisited the game. But know pregnancies are going to turn into births, and deciding where to reside...

PederSilver5

Aug 18, 2020
Well not really a big deal, I do find it annoying that if you're skipping past stuff, it jumps back to the screen with the "Look at the town map" and "Return home" buttons rather than staying on the map.

I don't know if there's a way to fix where old saves didn't track where the charisma point came from (which i would think would have several other problems with stuff like the in-game walkthrough that was added), but as far as a fix going forward, I would think the easiest way would be to have each charisma point be a T/F flag and every time one is ticked to "true" then it could recalculate your total score with a basic sub function and save it.
I seemed to reflect that the gains in charisma were related to successful "girlfriend" relations establish points (at least three: Nelle, Librarian, sister).

4.60 star(s) 378 Votes