RustyV

Conversation Conqueror
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Ah, let me rephrase my two-sentence assessment a bit... It's not that Primrose hasn't been developed, but rather that the game has been laying the foundation for her up to this point, and we haven't yet seen the payoff for it yet.

For a character like Callie or Samarra, the foundation itself is something the player can immediately interact with, as they appear to be fairly open characters, but for Primrose, the foundation is built in large part upon her reluctance to interact with other people, and in seeing the few connections she has to others. We get a few hints as to what the deeper person is like, but there are more mysteries to her than there are direct statements, and one can see several different types of person which could plausibly lie beneath.

I usually like characters like this, so I expect I'll like her after we progress further in her character arc, but I do need to see more of her before I can really give a fair opinion of her. As it stands, much of what I could say about her would really just be me forcing my interpretation on things by connecting her to similar characters that she might not actually have much in common with at all when she's fully revealed, and on drawing conclusions from the hints that we've been given that I might be reading too much into. Not that there's any real harm in that, of course, but I'd rather not get too attached to a character interpretation that might be contradicted in the next update.

It's not that she's underdeveloped relative to the other characters, but rather that her personality requires more effort to reveal relative to the others, and we're not far enough into the work as a whole to see enough of the picture.
Primrose does a have an air of mystery about her and the fact that Belle said her mind is like no other mind she came across lends credence to the idea that Primrose may become more crucial to the MC's quest, or has an as yet undisclosed part to play.
Belle is still the hottest. Any chance for a pixie Belle St. Patrick's Day wallpaper? An American Beauty movie poster parody with Belle covered in shamrocks instead of roses?

Reactions: Augustus Commodus
Aug 15, 2017
I like your romanticized view of her. It's actually not all that far off, but I haven't seen anyone really mention most of it before. Primrose's interactions with the MC are dominated by a specific character trait of hers. I get the impression that a lot of people misinterpret it, just like many people do in real life as well. I'm going to talk about this in the article I write about her if she ends up winning the poll. She definitely has a more complex personality than many seem to give her credit for, which doesn't surprise me at all.
I'm glad I wasn't too far off the mark. I do feel that Primrose has had more facets of her character revealed, or at least hinted at than most characters, even if they've are neither as explicit nor have they been utilized as much. In any case, with the exception of the one character that made the bad first impression, I so far really like all the characters in the game. Even with Samarra, I'm still interested in learning more about her. That's one thing that makes waiting for your updates a treat. At this point, no matter which direction you pick, I'm excited to see what will be revealed. It's never a case of me thinking, "Damn, it is an X update this month. I guess I'll come back in two months and see what's happening."

For non-patrons interested in the current state of the poll, at the 225 vote mark, here is the current approximate vote count: Belle, 54; Evelyn, 25; Callie, 27; Primrose, 83; Samarra, 2; Nell, 36. I know that equals 227; I did say approximate. The one thing I do find interesting is how much Evelyn has fallen since the poll at the end of October where she had 29% of the vote while Primrose, who had 13% of that vote, has risen. Since that poll was only for $10 patrons, it might just indicate that Evelyn is more popular among that tier. It might also mean that she is more popular among those who became patrons early than with those that came later. It's also possible that the new characters, Nell and Samarra, disproportionately drew admirers from Evelyn than from other characters. Given that the early poll only received 24 votes, it's probably not viable to draw any real conclusions.

Reactions: Belle

Renetta

Jan 30, 2018
i fucked up Evelyn's hair color, it's blonde but i might have fiddled with highlights option and now it turned out more brown then blonde :confused:

Belle

Developer of Long Live the Princess
Game Developer
Sep 25, 2017
There is no such thing as fanart spam. :)

Belle

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2017
Well, Primrose ended up winning the favorite girl vote. It wasn't even a competition by the end. Belle, in second place, got 55 votes while Primrose ran away with a whopping 94! After that, Nell was at 38, Callie at 29, Evelyn at 27, and poor Samarra at 3.

zazzaro

Jun 5, 2017
Well, Primrose ended up winning the favorite girl vote. It wasn't even a competition by the end. Belle, in second place, got 55 votes while Primrose ran away with a whopping 94! After that, Nell was at 38, Callie at 29, Evelyn at 27, and poor Samarra at 3.
I did not expect Primose to be that beloved. I'm a fucker for shyness myself, but that win was brutal!

Also RIP Samarra

Reactions: Belle

UncleVT

Låt den rätta komma in
Jul 2, 2017
The one thing I do find interesting is how much Evelyn has fallen since the poll at the end of October where she had 29% of the vote while Primrose, who had 13% of that vote, has risen. Since that poll was only for $10 patrons, it might just indicate that Evelyn is more popular among that tier. It might also mean that she is more popular among those who became patrons early than with those that came later. It's also possible that the new characters, Nell and Samarra, disproportionately drew admirers from Evelyn than from other characters.
I think the fallen of Evelyn was because there is already content with her and people would like it to focus on another character, nothing more. And Pimrose is perfect to continue. I'm glad with the results of the poll.

RustyV

Conversation Conqueror
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Does Belle know she lost to Primrose?
Nor Hell a Fury, like a pixie scorn'd.

Belle

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2017
Does Belle know she lost to Primrose?
Nor Hell a Fury, like a pixie scorn'd.
Belle wants to make it absolutely clear that she has no idea that she lost. Plausible deniability and all that. She insists she was nowhere near the crime scene... Oh, oops! I wasn't supposed to relay that part.

Lorric17

May 25, 2017
I think the fallen of Evelyn was because there is already content with her and people would like it to focus on another character, nothing more. And Pimrose is perfect to continue. I'm glad with the results of the poll.
You could be right. But I also wonder if the Thaddeus scene was in the game back in October. The sexy times and leaving wasn't, iirc.

zazzaro

Jun 5, 2017
I don't think so, I feel like most would vote their favorites regardless of what future content they want. Samarra, on the other hand, could have received so little votes because she lacks enough content to explore her personality... but I also think that the little content she has so far is the most generic, and quite frankly, the only poorly written content in the game, but maybe that's just me. Regardless, with some more content she'll climb up the ladder a little for sure.

4.60 star(s) 376 Votes