Tawny Fairquim Frolics

Game Developer
May 11, 2020
heh, calling the tone darker when it's only amounting to public shaming. didn't these silly devilcorps cronies learn some people can get off to that!?! LOL

only graphical issue i saw this update was in the animated scene with april.
View attachment 1727574
the issue being the hands, both MC's and his daughter's. ironically it looked like you have them actually touching things during the stand still shots just after the animation. lol (though there isn't an issue with daughter's right hand, her left is kinda using air to support her.)
the other animations and scenes looks fine and no issues found... but i might have to do a double take as i'm about to sleep and quite drowsy. but regardless, good work~!
The issue with the daughter's left hand was unavoidable because the animations provided by any Illusion studio will not allow you to adjust anything except the neck position, or it will break the animation completely. The heel of her hand looks like it's on the edge of the arm rest, so that will have to do.

Reactions: billyjoebobmartin

Tawny Fairquim Frolics

Game Developer
May 11, 2020
Besides the I'm not used to how they look bit, I only have one complain...

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Besides that burger nothing of a complain I do wonder if the dimension hopping bits will revert to original graphics or if it will all stay on the current graphics. From a story point of view it would be interesting to see that at least.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

somebodynobody

Engaged Member
May 11, 2017
Tawny Fairquim Frolics

Betsy seems to not get her name credit when you just press Enter for default. You may want to check and make sure all the names work with the defaults just pressing enter.

Missy calls MC Mr. Parnell even if you renamed the last name at the beginning.

It would be nice to have something like a timeline where the characters slot in. Also with the new world, does this mean real Kumiko and Petra/Janice can make a return?

Last edited:

Ex78

Aug 22, 2019
Well there goes another game I will not be playing HS2 art looks bad imo. I enjoyed it up until now but looks like I will not finish it and never pick it up again.

To be a little more helpful. You should not change renders in the middle of the game. If you want to go to a new render type you finish the one you are on now then switch even if it is a Part 2 of the game you are working on now. The jolt throws people off. The renders in HS2 do not look good in your preview renders the girls look out of place.

Last edited:

Vreek

Apr 8, 2020
Well there goes another game I will not be playing HS2 art looks bad imo. I enjoyed it up until now but looks like I will not finish it and never pick it up again.

To be a little more helpful. You should not change renders in the middle of the game. If you want to go to a new render type you finish the one you are on now then switch even if it is a Part 2 of the game you are working on now. The jolt throws people off. The renders in HS2 do not look good in your preview renders the girls look out of place.
Tawny had a data/asset loss of his Koikatu stuff. Instead of giving up on developing the game he turned this 'act of God' into an engine upgrade. That's why we have HS now.

Tawny Fairquim Frolics: I hope you back up your stuff now :p would be a shame otherwise...

Last edited:

Tawny Fairquim Frolics

Game Developer
May 11, 2020

Sorry you won't be along for the ride. I understand about not changing art styles in a "real" game, but for me this is a just a VN to experiment and have fun with.

Tawny Fairquim Frolics

Game Developer
May 11, 2020
Tawny Fairquim Frolics

Betsy seems to not get her name credit when you just press Enter for default. You may want to check and make sure all the names work with the defaults just pressing enter.

Missy calls MC Mr. Parnell even if you renamed the last name at the beginning.

It would be nice to have something like a timeline where the characters slot in. Also with the new world, does this mean real Kumiko and Petra/Janice can make a return?
Betsy was not a planned daughter and just sort of happened, so there was no renaming coding for her originally. To rename her you need to restart the game where she was named or open the labels.rpy with Atom or something and rename her there.

Your timeline idea is interesting. The Kumiko timeline is totally incompatible to the main story timelines, so I'd have to commit massive fuckery to make it work.

*sigh* Thanks for pointing out the Mr. Parnell naming issue. Looks like I'll be releasing a fix. If anybody notices anything else, let me know.

Vreek

Apr 8, 2020
Betsy was not a planned daughter and just sort of happened, so there was no renaming coding for her originally. To rename her you need to restart the game where she was named or open the labels.rpy with Atom or something and rename her there.

Your timeline idea is interesting. The Kumiko timeline is totally incompatible to the main story timelines, so I'd have to commit massive fuckery to make it work.

*sigh* Thanks for pointing out the Mr. Parnell naming issue. Looks like I'll be releasing a fix. If anybody notices anything else, let me know.
Even with restarting/deleting Ren'py save folder I get this...

Screenshot 2022-03-29 at 13.41.41.png Screenshot 2022-03-29 at 13.41.47.png

I assume it should be first Luna then Betsy(currently missing) speaking or both Lines said by Luna!?

3.70 star(s) 50 Votes