divingmedic

Aug 15, 2023
I'm a former Marine and I can tell you it was likely he was busted one rank for disobeying a lawful order but the circumstances would make the reduction in rank less severe. I saw Marines get busted one day and receive their bronze star the next. Things were pretty fubar back then. It was all the result of the some genius coming up with "Rules of Engagement". Any Marine will tell you they don't care what anybody says; there's no such thing. It's also likely that the Levenworth sentence was due to political pressure. A lot of that kind of BS happened toward the end of and after Vietnam and every dust-up since. Either way, by the time Ryker is joining the Rogues it likely means fuck-all to him... Jus' Sayin':cool:
I was Chair Force, but at least I was flight crew part of Chair Force. I had a lot older cousins that went to Vietnam with various branches. One was a lifer in Navy but he was a bubble head. He told me how he would go from E-8 to to E-5 after shore leave but have his rank back by the time of his next shore leave. Yes since Vietnam the ROE have been FUBAR. But if you put a Marine in a room with large steel ball it either get broken, lost or pregnant. Marine MRE is a box of Crayons and a bottle Elmers Glue. :LOL:

motseer

Engaged Member
Dec 17, 2021
I was Chair Force, but at least I was flight crew part of Chair Force. I had a lot older cousins that went to Vietnam with various branches. One was a lifer in Navy but he was a bubble head. He told me how he would go from E-8 to to E-5 after shore leave but have his rank back by the time of his next shore leave. Yes since Vietnam the ROE have been FUBAR. But if you put a Marine in a room with large steel ball it either get broken, lost or pregnant. Marine MRE is a box of Crayons and a bottle Elmers Glue. :LOL:
I had a corporal who was quite a bit older than me and my best squad leader. I couldn't understand why he was just a corporal. When I put him up for promotion I found out that it would be his 5th promotion to sergeant.:eek:

TheSidewinder

Mar 31, 2020
Yeah, turned out he was a good Marine but liked to get drunk and fight. The demotions were slaps on the wrist and he didn't really care. He liked to fight. In uniform or out. Go figure.
Hmm... sounds like the kind of guy I'd want with me in a firefight.

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
I wanted to get the latest version and support the creator but I only have an android device
well you can support dev and still get android version from here (some time after dev has released public win etc versions).

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
You're going to have to wait for a compressed version and then have it ported it to Android. The game is 2 and half time over the Android download limit of 2 gig.
i know that and my opinion is that phone just isn't ideal device for some games.

Reactions: Dimitri57

Dimitri57

Oldest Dev on F95
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 12, 2017
Yup. Like I said, good Marine. Took care of his troops. Always had your 6.
He sounds like one of my two Marine buddies. They joined right out of high school on the buddy program. The one that was a squared away Marine completed his commitment on time. The other had to serve an additional year to make up all the time he spent in the brig. :ROFLMAO:

Best guy you'd ever want to know, but zero fucks given about authority! I thought he was going to get us all thrown in jail one night. They had called last call at our local watering hole. The cops had come and were shooing everyone out of the bar. My buddy was pissed that he didn't get to finish his beer. On the way out to my pickup truck, he punched the side window out of the police car parked in front of the bar! Needless to say, we hot footed it out of there. :oops:

• Haha
Reactions: D Dog and motseer

Dimitri57

Oldest Dev on F95
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 12, 2017
Strippers are gaga about clothes sellers too in my experience. I could see Angie doing either... or both.
FYI, MC has thought to himself in part 3 that foreshadows Brooke showing up in Bedoo... :sneaky:
It's subtle. You're really going to have to look to catch it. :devilish:

motseer

Engaged Member
Dec 17, 2021
He sounds like one of my two Marine buddies. They joined right out of high school on the buddy program. The one that was a squared away Marine completed his commitment on time. The other had to serve an additional year to make up all the time he spent in the brig. :ROFLMAO:

Best guy you'd ever want to know, but zero fucks given about authority! I thought he was going to get us all thrown in jail one night. They had called last call at our local watering hole. The cops had come and were shooing everyone out of the bar. My buddy was pissed that he didn't get to finish his beer. On the way out to my pickup truck, he punched the side window out of the police car parked in front of the bar! Needless to say, we hot footed it out of there. :oops:
OK... here's my best Marine in a bar story. I have it on pretty good authority that this really happened...

A young Marine Sergeant had just returned to the world from deployment in SE Asia. It was a Friday evening when he reported to his new base. He settled into his quarters and went to town to grab a bite and look around a bit. After he ate he stopped into a hole in the wall tavern and ordered a beer at the bar. It was early. Only about a half dozen people or so and after a bit a gentleman sat down next to him, bought the young Jarhead a beer and struck up a conversation. It wasn't long before the tone of the conversation suddenly changed and this fellow says with a frown, "You have absolutely no idea where you are. Do you, boy? Here. Let me give you a clue." In an eyeblink the fellow leans in and kisses the Marine on the lips and laughter breaks out among the rest of the patrons. In the next eyeblink the fellow lands three stools down the bar. Now, don't let anyone ever tell you that gays can't fight. It was a battle for every step to the door but our Marine managed to escape with a minimum of scrapes and bruises.

Some vets can tell you that lots of guys hoard a little ordinance if they can and this Marine was one of those. Late that night. When that bar was nice and full. Our young Marine Sergeant returned. Opened the door. Pulled the pin. Tossed a tear gas grenade inside. Closed the door. Busted the latch and jammed the door with a crowbar and once again, made his escape.

True story. At least if my source can be believed... and I think he can. Jus' Sayin':cool:

4.40 star(s) 125 Votes