motseer

Engaged Member
Dec 17, 2021
Quick correction, I don't think they can be demoted beyond that of a 2nd Lieutentant (O1), so even an enlisted rank like Private wouldn't be possible. If you want to keep him as a Lieutenant later in the story you would need to keep him as a Lieutenant at the beginning. Maybe just bust him from 1st Lieutenant (O2) to 2nd Lieutenant (O1). But most people aren't going to see the difference as he is just referred to as Lieutenant.

If you want the demotion to be more consequential you could make him a Captain (O3) who then got busted to Lieutenant (O1) - from the reading I've been doing this type of demotion is often accompanied by prison time. It doesn't happen very often, and would be significant if it happened, and tie in pretty well with whatever it is that put the MC in Leavenworth to begin with. So Kira would need to refer to him as Captain later, and the guards/major at the beginning would call him Lieutenant, although I'm not sure if you are referred to by rank in Leavenworth or not, might just be by name.

Keep in mind that Lieutenants, in general, lead platoon sized elements (officially 20-50), whereas a Captain leads a company/troop sized element (multiple platoons). Unless they are special operations, I think the lines blur there a bit more. So you would need to keep that in mind for storytelling purposes moving forward.

Alternatively you could keep him as Sergeant or Private in the early game and change the rank he was busted from to Sergeant First Class (E7 - still referred to as Sergeant though - highest ranked NCO in a platoon, leads alongside a Lieutenant) or go a bit higher to First Sergeant (E8 - actually referred to as First Sergeant - highest ranked NCO in a company/troop, leads alongside a Captain). A demotion from E7 or E8 to E1 would be super dramatic, a bit unrealistic, but would emphasize that whatever shit he stepped in was really sticky.
Dude, I don't usually get into debates on this site and especially in this thread but, if you are going to give advice... know what you are talking about. The UCMJ (Uniform Code of Military Justice) is the binding set of laws, procedures and punishments for all branches of the United States Military. Article 133 covers "conduct unbecoming of an officer" and can be punishable by damn near anything up to and including life in prison.

Now, I've set the record straight. I'm not gonna debate you. Look up the UCMJ and read it for yourself. Article 133 alone is about 10,000 pages.

motseer

Engaged Member
Dec 17, 2021
So how about something like a few flashbacks incoming, provided Tori finds Riker (and the Rogues in extension) to be a fair and reliable partner instead of a manipulative piece of crap, making her remember how BB manipulated her into believeing she wanted it herself? Asking for a friend here. ;)
Hehehe... Tell your "friend" there's nuthin' wrong with dancin' with a bad girl and if you dance like Ryker she'll want to dance some more... This should allow you to convince her to repent of damn near anything and everything. She'll become a "good girl'... Just for you. Heh... Jus' Sayin':cool:

Dark Silence

Devoted Member
Jul 17, 2021
Finally got time to actually restart this. Wish me luck. But one question: Are the flashback scenes with the bs with the stepdad still forced or is it a choice now? Just need to know if I have to prep myself or not.

The Grifter

May 28, 2017
Hehehe... Tell your "friend" there's nuthin' wrong with dancin' with a bad girl and if you dance like Ryker she'll want to dance some more... This should allow you to convince her to repent of damn near anything and everything. She'll become a "good girl'... Just for you. Heh... Jus' Sayin':cool:
Don't think Tori will ever be a 'good girl' like Chloe or Emily. But I just glanced that future scene with my inner eye... Riker and Tori, enjoying the afterglow, Riker looking into her eyes and say: "Tori. You're no longer dealing with the Devils. You now partner with the Rogues."

Reactions: motseer

motseer

Engaged Member
Dec 17, 2021
Finally got time to actually restart this. Wish me luck. But one question: Are the flashback scenes with the bs with the stepdad still forced or is it a choice now? Just need to know if I have to prep myself or not.
I know you're gonna love it. I hope I'm remembering correctly... I think Jessie just talks about what happened with JD. There are no scenes to watch. I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong... ?

motseer

Engaged Member
Dec 17, 2021
Yeah, it was forced before and they took some heat over it. I was just glad I was able to kill that fucker later.
Hehe... Ryker just kinda "mercifully" let him sleep. He was gonna die from what Jessie did... even if just from the shock alone. Jus' Sayin':cool:

Reactions: Dimitri57

c3p0

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Nov 20, 2017
Hehe... Ryker just kinda "mercifully" let him sleep. He was gonna die from what Jessie did... even if just from the shock alone. Jus' Sayin':cool:
Out in that pampa, for sure. But he put the nails into that casket for sure.:devilish:
Can't wait to see what our Bab Bob fate will be.:sneaky::whistle:

Also how is going for Chaz and his lover boy?:whistle::poop: In that case you're where more evil and let nature do the rest...

Reactions: motseer

The Grifter

May 28, 2017
Out in that pampa, for sure. But he put the nails into that casket for sure.:devilish:
Can't wait to see what our Bab Bob fate will be.:sneaky::whistle:

Also how is going for Chaz and his lover boy?:whistle::poop: In that case you're where more evil and let nature do the rest...
Bob doesn't get a quick check-out. I'd like something slow and painfull. If possible with screaming should he be able.

Dimitri57

Oldest Dev on F95
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 12, 2017
Fair enough. I hope I didn't offend, as it wasn't my intention. It's your game, and it's absolutely one of my favorites. I still really love Tori's character, despite my criticism. Thank you for responding, and I'm always looking forward to the next update.
No offense taken m8. I welcome feedback and criticism that is actionable to make a better experience for the player. I'll correct typos, my redneck grammar and continuality errors. I'll gladly tweak dialog that is not understandable to the masses. That being said, I'm not going to open the pandora's box of tweaking dialog for anyone's personal preference other than mine.

HornyyPussy

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2020
True, but nothing could ever been so clear that it would be zonie proofed.:whistle:
No, that would probably make the universe fold in on it self........

No offense taken m8. I welcome feedback and criticism that is actionable to make a better experience for the player. I'll correct typos, my redneck grammar and continuality errors. I'll gladly tweak dialog that is not understandable to the masses. That being said, I'm not going to open the pandora's box of tweaking dialog for anyone's personal preference other than mine.
So selfish......

TsubameYui

Nov 2, 2022
That is a very respectable stance. As I said, it's your story, and I'm here for it. You give your players a ton of agency anyways, so it isn't a big deal if our personal preferences don't line up with one of the girls. I was merely concerned that Tori's dialogue didn't quite match your vision for her backstory.

I'm perfectly happy with Tori as she is, as long as I can do both scorned and ally path while having the choice to keep the relationship platonic. Hell, knowing how you intended her backstory to be understood, I'm cautiously optimistic that the next update may offer more details that will make me understand her better, and not want to close her route.

Hukamu

Dec 31, 2020
Hey! Just stumbled on this game and really enjoying it so far. Keep up the great work.
All I've been able to find is the latest update that starts with Chapter 7. Can the lead up to this point still be played (android)?Am I being stupid and missing an obvious link?

Thanks again!

Reactions: Dimitri57

arkane378

Aug 3, 2018
I was told that when they are in prison that they are not referred to by Rank or Name. Just prisoner and number. (from a former MP). They said that during WW2 their was officers demoted to NCO. :)

4.40 star(s) 125 Votes