cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
Better so, most likely the won't send their lawyers after being rejected the first time...
dunno if HA has/had at that time clubhouse at UK. court would been next step and that could have cost more than changing heroine's name after 1st issue.

divingmedic

Aug 15, 2023
have I ever told you the story how I was on guard duty for barracks in bumfuck nowhere on a boring Tuesday in September, when we suddenly got 'this is not a drill' orders to gear up to full combat equipment and prepare for base defense? Goodbye Fatigues and P8, hello flak vest, helmet and G3. ...
Thankfully I was a flight medic but I was qualified with the .45ACP the 9mm pistol, M-16, M-60 and M-134.

Skep-tiker

Oct 11, 2023
Thankfully I was a flight medic but I was qualified with the .45ACP the 9mm pistol, M-16, M-60 and M-134.
Definitely better position then a conscripted private (qualified for P1, P8, Uzi, G3 + G36 and MG3 (a poorly disguised MG42)... giving away the army I served in, doesn't it?

Last edited:
Reactions: divingmedic

divingmedic

Aug 15, 2023
Definitely better position then a conscripted private (qualified for P1, P8, Uzi, G3 + G36 and MG3 (a poorly disguised MG42)... giving away the army I served in, doesn't it?
Yes, I spent a lot of time in your Germany. I was deployed there every 6 weeks for two weeks at a time and once for 6 weeks. I don't know if the planner for that war game was an idiot or a genius. They made a war game in the middle of Oktoberfest so they shut down the war game for a week but kept everyone there.

Reactions: Skep-tiker

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
Yes, I spent a lot of time in your Germany. I was deployed there every 6 weeks for two weeks at a time and once for 6 weeks. I don't know if the planner for that war game was an idiot or a genius. They made a war game in the middle of Oktoberfest so they shut down the war game for a week but kept everyone there.
idiot or genius depends if he participated, also at that time oktoberfest wasn't that known outside germany and close by unless was enthuasist, nowadays it's globally known.

Skep-tiker

Oct 11, 2023
idiot or genius depends if he participated, also at that time oktoberfest wasn't that known outside germany and close by unless was enthuasist, nowadays it's globally known.
Never been there. Overpriced tourist trap. You can buy the same beer at each supermarket for a fraction whileit offers not much else then any other local funfair... only more rides and tents... have i mentioned overpriced?

HiHaHo

Jan 2, 2023
well harvest festivals are a thing in any agricultural area so....you'd find some stuff like that a lot around the end of summer and early autumn

not sure oktoberfest actually is a harvest festival though

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
Hold your horses. I strongy doubt that a empty mass weights 1.35 kg. More like 0.35 maybe.
She's probably holding about 14kg, which is quickly tiresome already.
those are big and thick glasses.

HiHaHo

Jan 2, 2023
oktoberfest is beerfestival where women and girls carry as many beers (in glass not in bottle) as they can to be tables.
halloween is a harvestfestival where children dress up and sing songs and people have to pay for it whit candy

c3p0

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Nov 20, 2017
Hold your horses. I strongy doubt that a empty mass weights 1.35 kg. More like 0.35 maybe.
For how long? Even agrees here and define the weight of a filled stein as 2.4 kg.

Elduriel

Engaged Member
Donor
Mar 28, 2021
A full one-liter dimpled glass stein should weigh approximately 5 pounds or 2.25 kg. You do the math.

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
that's why i hypotized .35 which is a damn lot for a glass. I've been in Munich and drank a lot of masses. Empty glasses are by no mean heavy.
well tell that to ppls who leave empty bottles into nature.

those glasses need to withstand a lot, there are literally 1000s of ppls and can't risk that glass gets broken since it's basically non-stop serving etc beer to thirsty (mildly said) customers.

4.40 star(s) 125 Votes