Runner17

Jun 14, 2020
Alright, need to discuss an important issue. Is the MC's tat going to get some color? This is important for two reasons, the first it looks like a mistake right now and secondly, it gives me some Piper time! Got to find out if she has that edge to her.

Right now only Jessie and Tracy are in my top 4. Kat is 3rd until I see how her story develops. Rachel was 4 but dropped. Need to find a couple of more ladies with an edge.

ImperialD

Devoted Member
Oct 24, 2019
Alright, need to discuss an important issue. Is the MC's tat going to get some color? This is important for two reasons, the first it looks like a mistake right now and secondly, it gives me some Piper time! Got to find out if she has that edge to her.

Right now only Jessie and Tracy are in my top 4. Kat is 3rd until I see how her story develops. Rachel was 4 but dropped. Need to find a couple of more ladies with an edge.
not seen many tats i take it ... most have no color except black of course ;)

ImperialD

Devoted Member
Oct 24, 2019
Than add a design inside the shield. Plus it was stated (if I'm correct) that he needed to go back and get it finished. Yes you are correct that there mostly black, my bad. I'm sure somebody will correct me if I'm wrong. :)
sorry dude i'm 60 and an old biker myself ... i agree with you and that shield tho (y)

Reactions: PapaPhat

Runner17

Jun 14, 2020
is there a harem, one of 3 route or 1 girl relationsi in htis game?
Hmmm! as many times as I played this game, I've never tried to stick with one LI. I don't even know if OBD gives you that option. Your girlfriend Jessie (the best wingman ever) loves to play with the females. Tracy who can also be considered a LI has a background of enjoying sex.

Finally, the MC works at a strip bar. :unsure:

PapaPhat

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022
is there a harem, one of 3 route or 1 girl relations in this game?
Just finished my second playthrough, activating v.8.5... I have given this title as a good example of what I see as a true harem game before. However, the definition of "harem" gets pretty twisted and changes based on whom you ask on this site. So, I'll simply give you the details and let you decide...

Currently, as of version 0.8.5, my MC has Jessica (aka Jessy or Jess), her mother Tracy, Rachael (aka Rai) and the bartender Ashley in his active list of sex partners, many of whom also have sex with each other. MC is also currently romancing Kat, her niece Katy, Oxana and Larisa from the coffee shop and a few other ladies, the farthest MC has been with these ladies is heavy flirting with all of them and oral sex/foreplay with all but Larisa. He is also flirting with and romancing Willow, Piper his tattoo artist and some of their clients. Additionally, MC has had sex with Juanita and her daughter at the hotel where they work and MC and Jessy live. I'm likely forgetting someone, apologies ladies... But, these are all open, honest relationships where all the ladies know about each other or at least that MC is in an open relationship with Jessy who encourages him to be with other women and recruits many of them herself. Some of these ladies seem to be one time affairs, like MC having sex with two of Jessy's friends before MC and Jessy headed off to California. So, I'm not even going to try to count them all other than saying MC is actively involved with at least six women building long term, casual, sexual relationships with them. He is diligently working on increasing that number. IMHO... yeah, that's a harem concept.

Your choices do affect how the story plays out. If you make the right choices you can have all the available girls and I am sure that there will be more opportunities as the game progresses.

That said, this game is NOT a mere fuck romp... there is a LOT of hot, steamy sex but the focus is on the characters and the main story. The characters are realistically flawed humans, each with their own past trauma that helped form them into the people they are at the onset of the story and they each have believable character arcs that progress with the story. There is a ton of great story that unfolds through the dialogue. The sex scenes are not just forced in and do not dominate over the story. I highly recommend Long Road Home as one of the very best AVN titles I have played to date.

Hope this helps. Adventure ever on my friend, Phat:cool:(y)
Base Profile Screenshot 2022.05.13 - 14.39.48.41.png

Last edited:

Dimitri57

Oldest Dev on F95
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 12, 2017
Agreed. Would be nice to hear even a basic progress report.
There are quite a few of us chomping at the bit for more game!:cool:(y)
I agree. I haven't been slacking on game progress, but I do drop the ball on Patreon status updates sometimes. Unlike here, they tend to be a quiet bunch. The party and after party are the big events for 0.9.0. (I hope MC has enough stamina... ;)) Then I have 5 ancillary events slated. I'm slogging along. I have just over 350 still images rendered and 35 animations done. Inside baseball info, the party is a big scene with a lot of Gen 8 characters in it. Loading the scene in Daz and rendering is really slow with that many resources in the shots.

I'd love to give a solid date of when 0.9.0 will be done, but I don't want to be tagged as a "The dog ate my homework" dev. We have my elderly mother living with us and she is scheduled for heart surgery tomorrow. It's a simple procedure according to the surgeon, but you never know.

Tats: Spoiler alert! I'm not larping, I am a lifelong biker. Mine had bright colors when I got them, but they have turned mostly blue/black over time. Probably my fault since I've exposed them to a lot of sunlight over the years. As for MC, I'm using tats that came with that character. They are all black. I may look at if I can add some color to them. I'm not the best at modding assets, but I was able to modify a plain black vest asset to make the Rogue and Minion vests. I have other tattoo assets with color also.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Stay safe and take care all

Last edited:

EfontMan

Aug 23, 2021
Loading the scene in Daz and rendering is really slow with that many resources in the shots
Does Daz have the provision for proxy objects? That should let you set up and move around scenes without the heavy system load. Although obviously it wouldn't change anything about the actual render times.

Dimitri57

Oldest Dev on F95
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 12, 2017
Does Daz have the provision for proxy objects? That should let you set up and move around scenes without the heavy system load. Although obviously it wouldn't change anything about the actual render times.
Slow loading is a common compliant with Gen 8 characters on the Daz forums. Gen 8.1 is even worse from what I've heard. Moving around isn't too bad once the scene loads unless I'm bumping against the max VRAM of my GPU (12 gig). If I have too much in loaded the scene, the screen goes black when I go to Iray preview. I can usually get the scene to render, but with no preview, there may be something jacked up in the scene and I have to cancel the render. I then reboot to clear memory and reload the scene to correct the screw up. I also hide or remove things that are out of the shot to reduce the load on my GPU. I'm drooling for a RTX 3090 Ti with 24 GB VRAM. Pricing is finally coming back down from the stratosphere. I'm waiting for the right time (When my ol'lady isn't paying attention) to order one. :devilish:

Dimitri57

Oldest Dev on F95
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 12, 2017
Not much point getting one right now. The 4xxx series cards are out soon. The 3XXX series cards should see a decent price drop then, although the 3090 is not really worth the money.
At past pricing that's true. I'm seeing 3090 cards on Newegg for just under $2k. Late last year, the same cards were $4K if you could get them. I learned that when I started building my own PCs. You pay a premium to have the bleeding edge hardware. The sweet spot is to target the last gen series to get the bang for your buck.

PapaPhat

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022
Slow loading is a common compliant with Gen 8 characters on the Daz forums. Gen 8.1 is even worse from what I've heard. Moving around isn't too bad once the scene loads unless I'm bumping against the max VRAM of my GPU (12 gig). If I have too much in loaded the scene, the screen goes black when I go to Iray preview. I can usually get the scene to render, but with no preview, there may be something jacked up in the scene and I have to cancel the render. I then reboot to clear memory and reload the scene to correct the screw up. I also hide or remove things that are out of the shot to reduce the load on my GPU. I'm drooling for a RTX 3090 Ti with 24 GB VRAM. Pricing is finally coming back down from the stratosphere. I'm waiting for the right time (When my ol'lady isn't paying attention) to order one. :devilish:
You may be better off, in this currently upside down tech market, to just get a new machine than try to purchase a high end gpu. Also, the 3080 is actually better than the 3090. You'll double your vid ram to 24 GB and the gpu itself runs faster than the 3090. The only reason that I know this is because I was the fortunate recipient of my dear friend and mod authoring mentor Nicoroshi's old tower when he upgraded last year. He was able to upgrade everything by obtaining a new system rather than simply purchasing the new gpu, then gave me the deal of a lifetime on the tower he used to learn mod making and build hundreds of mods for Obivion and Skyrim. He only paid a few hundred more to get an entire new system with water cooled i9 that he has clocked over 5 Ghz, 32 GB sys ram and the 3080 with 24 GB dedicated vid ram. The 3080 alone would've been three grand and the price differential to get the new system was maybe an additional 10%. Pretty sure Nico went through newegg.com. I hate to see folks, especially those I consider to be my friends, overpay for things when they could've had more value for a similar price point. Nico and I both use the Samsung 24" curved monitor with top quality 1080p picture. But, I asked why he was using a 1080p monitor with his 4k compatible machine and said I almost went with the 32" Samsung curved monitor but didn't because it would've been a waste of it's 4k abilities and was twice the price. However, once I put that seed in his mind... next thing I knew... he purchased the 32" and added it as a dual monitor setup running his game on the 4k monitor and using the 1080p monitor for system monitoring and skyping with me while playing on the bigger screen.

Just a few helpful hints from my humble experience, brother.
Adventure ever on, Phat:cool:(y)

4.40 star(s) 125 Votes