PapaPhat

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022
I agree. I haven't been slacking on game progress, but I do drop the ball on Patreon status updates sometimes. Unlike here, they tend to be a quiet bunch. The party and after party are the big events for 0.9.0. (I hope MC has enough stamina... ;)) Then I have 5 ancillary events slated. I'm slogging along. I have just over 350 still images rendered and 35 animations done. Inside baseball info, the party is a big scene with a lot of Gen 8 characters in it. Loading the scene in Daz and rendering is really slow with that many resources in the shots.

I'd love to give a solid date of when 0.9.0 will be done, but I don't want to be tagged as a "The dog ate my homework" dev. We have my elderly mother living with us and she is scheduled for heart surgery tomorrow. It's a simple procedure according to the surgeon, but you never know.

Tats: Spoiler alert! I'm not larping, I am a lifelong biker. Mine had bright colors when I got them, but they have turned mostly blue/black over time. Probably my fault since I've exposed them to a lot of sunlight over the years. As for MC, I'm using tats that came with that character. They are all black. I may look at if I can add some color to them. I'm not the best at modding assets, but I was able to modify a plain black vest asset to make the Rogue and Minion vests. I have other tattoo assets with color also.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Stay safe and take care all
Hey brother,
I know you aren't larping. I can tell in the way you handle this unique story. I only have one tattoo, a serpent wrapped around a sword on my left upper arm. While my once bright colors have faded some over the nearly thirty years since I first got this art, the colors are still vivid, the blue and green in the serpent's body in particular. The red tongue and gold pommel of the sword retain only vague traces of their original shades but are still visible. But, I am pretty much a hermit and always preferred to go out at night rather than full sunlight, the likely reason my color is still visible and fairly vivid.:cool:(y)

I love that you gave the ladies the vivid color and the men more black and grey shade skin art in this game. It fits with the biker folks I have known in my day. I love what you've done. Stan's art, in particular, is chilling and rather realistic. I love mama Della's art too. Speaking of mama Della... I love the words on her chest piece, "Love has wings, not anchors." I thought that very same sentiment would be perfect to add to a full body view of Jessy sprouting white angel wings, flying aloft above an anchor with a broken chain with those words in a banner, "Love has wings, not anchors" separating the two parts of the image. It would make fitting tribute to the little "pocket hottie" angel babe that put wings on our MC and enabled him to fly. It would also be a fitting tribute to mama Della and the Rogues who have taken him in like their own family. Pretty sure that MC would want to ask for approval from Della and Stan both before getting it because it is Della's artwork and a representation of her own heart. But, given how they feel about MC and Jessy, I'm pretty sure that Stan would defer to Della and that she would burst out in tears of joy at the thought and surely say yes. That is just my two cents worth of thinking out loud there. I share the idea in case you like it too. Please feel free to use that idea if you like and it's even possible to implement or shit can it if you don't like it or it just isn't feasible. Just saying where my heart is at having fallen in love with these characters and this story. Thank you, brother.:cool:(y)

As for a date of next release... some things are best left as a surprise. It's not like I don't check in here on the regular anyway just to chat about the games, story and characters as well as offer tips on how to unlock certain aspects of the games I enjoy. It will be ready when it is ready. Meanwhile, family ALWAYS comes first. So, take all the time you need to care for mom and we will see the update once you are ready to release it. It sounds like you have certainly been busy! Other devs that I like, respect and follow don't make nearly as much progress in a single month. 350 stills and 35 animations is terrific progress! Huzzah!:cool:(y) Anyway... Phat is rambling on yet again... Have a great day!

Adventure ever on brother, Phat:cool:(y)

Last edited:

Dimitri57

Oldest Dev on F95
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 12, 2017
You may be better off, in this currently upside down tech market, to just get a new machine than try to purchase a high end gpu. Also, the 3080 is actually better than the 3090. You'll double your vid ram to 24 GB and the gpu itself runs faster than the 3090. The only reason that I know this is because I was the fortunate recipient of my dear friend and mod authoring mentor Nicoroshi's old tower when he upgraded last year. He was able to upgrade everything by obtaining a new system rather than simply purchasing the new gpu, then gave me the deal of a lifetime on the tower he used to learn mod making and build hundreds of mods for Obivion and Skyrim. He only paid a few hundred more to get an entire new system with water cooled i9 that he has clocked over 5 Ghz, 32 GB sys ram and the 3080 with 24 GB dedicated vid ram. The 3080 alone would've been three grand and the price differential to get the new system was maybe an additional 10%. Pretty sure Nico went through newegg.com. I hate to see folks, especially those I consider to be my friends, overpay for things when they could've had more value for a similar price point. Nico and I both use the Samsung 24" curved monitor with top quality 1080p picture. But, I asked why he was using a 1080p monitor with his 4k compatible machine and said I almost went with the 32" Samsung curved monitor but didn't because it would've been a waste of it's 4k abilities and was twice the price. However, once I put that seed in his mind... next thing I knew... he purchased the 32" and added it as a dual monitor setup running his game on the 4k monitor and using the 1080p monitor for system monitoring and skyping with me while playing on the bigger screen.

Just a few helpful hints from my humble experience, brother.
Adventure ever on, Phat:cool:(y)
Your buddy's system is very similar to my last build. I went with a water cooled i9-9900K (I don't OC anymore due to smoking a couple CPU's in the past :oops:) with 64 GB Ram to be able to CPU render. It does ok, but GPU rendering is much faster. Daz will switch to CPU rendering if you run out of VRAM. I love my 32" LG curved monitor. (Great for old eyeballs...). I'm still running a RTX 2080 Ti 12 GB VRAM GPU. I'll have to look at the specs between 3080 and 3090's as far as rendering goes. Good gaming performance does not necessarily mean good rendering performance. I do know the number of CUDA cores make a big difference.

PapaPhat

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022
Your buddy's system is very similar to my last build. I went with a water cooled i9-9900K (I don't OC anymore due to smoking a couple CPU's in the past :oops:) with 64 GB Ram to be able to CPU render. It does ok, but GPU rendering is much faster. Daz will switch to CPU rendering if you run out of VRAM. I love my 32" LG curved monitor. (Great for old eyeballs...). I'm still running a RTX 2080 Ti 12 GB VRAM GPU. I'll have to look at the specs between 3080 and 3090's as far as rendering goes. Good gaming performance does not necessarily mean good rendering performance. I do know the number of CUDA cores make a big difference.
I'm no tech expert... at least not any longer. I learned computer technology when Win3.0 was the hot ticket, we were marvelling at the new smaller floppy and most data was stored on tape drive in a central main frame. I worked in sales for IBM and GoDaddy.com in the early 2000's but these days I can no longer keep up. I do know that the water cooler is instrumental in running an OC though. I have Nico's old tower with a water cooled i7 with base 2.7 Ghz, clocked to 3.4 Ghz. Nico has an i9 with a water cooler that he has clocked to well over 5 Ghz. Both run as cool as a cucumber but that could be the difference between full game rendering vs playing games and making models for game mods. Since you already have a great system, you may wish to put off any purchase until the next series is released. Nico isn't the only friend I have that opted to go 3080 and wait for what will come after the 3090. But, I only make suggestions, not demands. The choices are always yours to make. Just so you have an idea of what Nico and I do... I specialize in making characters, he makes weapons and with a bit of encouragement from me he's making some killer shield now too. :) Examples in the spoiler below...

Adventure ever on dear friend, Phat:cool:(y)

PapaPhat

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022
I agree. I haven't been slacking on game progress, but I do drop the ball on Patreon status updates sometimes. Unlike here, they tend to be a quiet bunch. The party and after party are the big events for 0.9.0. (I hope MC has enough stamina... ;)) Then I have 5 ancillary events slated. I'm slogging along. I have just over 350 still images rendered and 35 animations done. Inside baseball info, the party is a big scene with a lot of Gen 8 characters in it. Loading the scene in Daz and rendering is really slow with that many resources in the shots.

I'd love to give a solid date of when 0.9.0 will be done, but I don't want to be tagged as a "The dog ate my homework" dev. We have my elderly mother living with us and she is scheduled for heart surgery tomorrow. It's a simple procedure according to the surgeon, but you never know.

Tats: Spoiler alert! I'm not larping, I am a lifelong biker. Mine had bright colors when I got them, but they have turned mostly blue/black over time. Probably my fault since I've exposed them to a lot of sunlight over the years. As for MC, I'm using tats that came with that character. They are all black. I may look at if I can add some color to them. I'm not the best at modding assets, but I was able to modify a plain black vest asset to make the Rogue and Minion vests. I have other tattoo assets with color also.

Stay safe and take care all
One last thing...

You mentioned Gen 8 character rendering...

When I searched Gen 8 characters the results were all fucking Pokemon! Aaaah! I hate anime with grand passion! So, I refined my search to "realistic Gen 8 character renders" and was rather pleased with the examples I saw. As a general rule, the more realistic the characters are rendered, the more I like them. However, anything above 1080p is wasted on my machines and may cause loading errors or even go full on pixelated mess. I ran Long Road Home initially on my old laptop with only 2GB dedicated video ram with zero issues. She runs even better on my tower with a 6 GB 1060 card. I can get away with 1440p video, game renders and blue ray disk but 4k animations tend to stutter into a slide show or just go into a boxy, pixelated mess. Please keep us potato farming, knuckle dragging, cave dwellers in mind as your rendering prowess increases and you venture forth with your specs that make NASA engineers jealous, please.:cool:(y)

Loving the game so far, brother!:cool:(y) Adventure ever on, Phat:cool:(y)

Dimitri57

Oldest Dev on F95
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 12, 2017
I'm no tech expert... at least not any longer. I learned computer technology when Win3.0 was the hot ticket, we were marvelling at the new smaller floppy and most data was stored on tape drive in a central main frame. I worked in sales for IBM and GoDaddy.com in the early 2000's but these days I can no longer keep up. I do know that the water cooler is instrumental in running an OC though. I have Nico's old tower with a water cooled i7 with base 2.7 Ghz, clocked to 3.4 Ghz. Nico has an i9 with a water cooler that he has clocked to well over 5 Ghz. Both run as cool as a cucumber but that could be the difference between full game rendering vs playing games and making models for game mods. Since you already have a great system, you may wish to put off any purchase until the next series is released. Nico isn't the only friend I have that opted to go 3080 and wait for what will come after the 3090. But, I only make suggestions, not demands. The choices are always yours to make. Just so you have an idea of what Nico and I do... I specialize in making characters, he makes weapons and with a bit of encouragement from me he's making some killer shield now too. :) Examples in the spoiler below...

Adventure ever on dear friend, Phat:cool:(y)
Damn Phat my Skyrim never looked that fucking good. You guys have done some amazing stuff! Hat off bro. Ya better quit teasing me with this. You're tempting me to reload Skyrim. If I do that, I'll never finish 0.9.0!

• Haha
Reactions: PapaPhat

PapaPhat

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022
Damn Phat my Skyrim never looked that fucking good. You guys have done some amazing stuff! Hat off bro. Ya better quit teasing me with this. You're tempting me to reload Skyrim. If I do that, I'll never finish 0.9.0!
You better finish this game, brother!!! Don't make me come hunt you down like Rambo with my bow!
20201128141727_1.jpg
Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha :ROFLMAO:
(totally kidding, of course)
TBH, you would break my heart to not be able to finish this game. So, please control that Skyrim craving until between Long Road and whatever comes after, okay? I'll be glad to fill you in on the mods I use... I'll even share my presets...
20210328055306_1.jpg
...and, teach you how to play a tune in character...
20201120125436_1.jpg
...even if you are a crazy Khajiit! Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha:ROFLMAO::devilish:(y)
Adventure ever on brother, Phat:cool:(y)
20210522220907_1.jpg
Khajiit has wares if this one has coin... May your roads lead you to warm sands, my friend.

Last edited:
Reactions: junior366

MaxTheDark

Apr 11, 2021
My god, I've downloaded the game over a month ago and I'm still at the part where Tracy took you to changing room, because after merely few lines of dialogue I need to close the game down and play something to cleanse my palate... Jesus Christ, what an unbearable slog of terribly written, pretentious dialogue. I hope it gets better.

• Angry
Reactions: ydraiggoch

Dimitri57

Oldest Dev on F95
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 12, 2017
My god, I've downloaded the game over a month ago and I'm still at the part where Tracy took you to changing room, because after merely few lines of dialogue I need to close the game down and play something to cleanse my palate... Jesus Christ, what an unbearable slog of terribly written, pretentious dialogue. I hope it gets better.
It doesn't. Delete it immediately. I won't be held responsible for you choking on your soy milk...

Sharktopus13

Aug 3, 2021
Oh you poor, poor snowflake. Don't you worry I'm sure one day a thousand monkeys, working on a thousand typewriters will print something more suitable for your poor palette. And if not monkeys produce something else on a daily basis that you are more deserving of.

Sharktopus13

Aug 3, 2021
While all the "tech specs" are beyond me, I don't need them to recognize the quality of what you give us. As long as you are happy with what you produce I'm sure the "non tech savvy" of us are grateful for the Time, effort, and stress it probably sometimes causes you. Can't wait for 9.0, you are one of my top three games I'm always chomping at the bit waiting for the update, because of either a cliffhanger, or the story is just to damn engaging. Right now LRH is tied with Artemis, and Single Again.

assman1337

Mar 10, 2018
can someone check and tell me does the last scene is where della figures out who reba is ? as of 0.8.5
my folder was 0.8.0 and i downloaded 0.8.5 it is possible i used an upgrade patch earlier.... but i just want to confirm

Reactions: PapaPhat

Reniere

Aug 5, 2019
0.8.5 is 0.8.0 with fixes nothing new
assman1337

New for 0.8.5 Added EZ-Mode switch.

Allows you to toggle on/off the in-game walkthrough, scene skipping menus, and in-game developer comments.
It is enabled by default. You can disable it in the Preferences Menu

Added more sound effects and music tracks.
Fixed typos and coding errors.

everything in it.

4.40 star(s) 125 Votes