ImperialD

Devoted Member
Oct 24, 2019
I don't hold grudges PapaPhat and I can understand what you mean perfectly.
Unfortunatly English is my first language how ever written English is another matter I was due to sit O.
Quite often when I post or even respond to post's I will forget to Grammer check or Spell check
they have grammer and spell check ????

• Haha
Reactions: LWtbo and PapaPhat

PapaPhat

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022
Wow, that's the most reading I've done on this thread. Somebody give me a beer, maybe I'll think of everything said. Wait, now I'm just lying to myself.

I still want that beer! OBD, when do we see Piper's ass! Now that is a thought of limited intelligence :ROFLMAO: !

High heeled sneakers, that was good (y).
Here, my friend... Have four... they're small but strong... :devilish:
1654736326405.png
Hope you like Sam Adam's Boston Lager. That's all I had. It's either that or Bushmill's Irish Whiskey...
Cheers! Sláinte! Kanpai! Drink up! Adventure ever on, Phat:cool:(y)

Runner17

Jun 14, 2020
We don't hold grudges in this thread! We talk motorcycles, tattoos, guns, beer, whiskey, music, strip bars and women! Screw being politically correct, to old for that crap.

Cheers, thanks for the beer PapaPhat. :devilish:

• Red Heart
Reactions: PapaPhat

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
We don't hold grudges in this thread! We talk motorcycles, tattoos, guns, beer, whiskey, music, strip bars and women! Screw being politically correct, to old for that crap.

Cheers, thanks for the beer PapaPhat. :devilish:
Excuse me, i'm a lady so keep it polite.

I don't know, the fucking disrespect some fuckers have around us sweet innocent women folk. Shitting shame.

LWtbo

Feb 11, 2018
I dont hold grudge's PapaPhat and I can understand what you said perfectly.
Unfortunatly English is my first language albeit with a southyorkshire accent and speech pattern.
However written English not so much.
And although I was put in for O level English by my teacher (which I never did fully understand).
What with my being partially dyslexic in both my reading and writing ability.
I didn't actually sit the exam mostly due to my lack of confidence in being able to complete it within the time limet.
And since then my writing has sadly fallen by the side of the road.
There is another medical reason also but these are my problem's not your's.
Quite often I write as I speak which dosen't bode well for comma's punctuation marks and fullstop's.
Which might explain my tendancy to use single line sentences gaps and space's.

Added to that the fact I often forget to grammer check or spell check.
And I quite often think I have added a word when I havent or add a word thats not needed or the best one where I have not added a word that was needed.
I'm often suprised that anyone can understand me easpecially on my first post's.
It's only when some reacts in a way that show they haven't understood me or they apear to be questioning my Intelect.
That I tend to progressively get more and more carfull about what and how I write.

And before anyone ask's no I haven't grammer checked, spell checked or proof read this either.
So don't bother yourself PapaPhat were all good (y)

Before I go Dimitri57 If I can ask what happended to the Ink gun was I disposed of or just cleaned and put back.
Because what with forensic science these days that could be risky if she just cleaned it and might not be enough.

Just sayin :geek:

• Red Heart

Dimitri57

Oldest Dev on F95
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 12, 2017
Unfortunatly English is my first language albeit with a southyorkshire accent and speech pattern.
And although I was put in for O level English by my teacher (which I never did fully understand).
I didn't actually sit the exam mostly due to my lack of confidence in being able to complete it within the time limet.
Quite often I write as I speak which dosen't bode well for comma's punctuation marks and fullstop's.

And I quite often think I have added a word when I havent or add a word thats not needed or the best one where I have not added a word that was needed.
I'm often suprised that anyone can understand me easpecially on my first post's.
It's only when some reacts in a way that show they haven't understood me or they apear to be questioning my Intelect.
That I tend to progressively get more and more carfull about what and how I write.

And before anyone ask's no I haven't grammer checked, spell checked or proof read this either.

Before I go Dimitri57 If I can ask what happended to the Ink gun was I disposed of or just cleaned and put back.
Because what with forensic science these days that could be risky if she just cleaned it and might not be enough.

Traces of blood in a tattoo parlor? A forensic technician would be like a drunk man in a round room looking for a corner to piss in... Everyone bleeds getting tats. That being said, any experienced artist like Kat can thoroughly clean her equipment. They have to sanitize their equipment to keep from infecting the next customer. It wouldn't be like other crime scenes where traces of the chemicals to clean blood would indicate that someone was hiding a crime. Those chemicals are expected to be there.

Reactions: PapaPhat and LWtbo

Onetogo

Jul 16, 2019
Here, my friend... Have four... they're small but strong... :devilish:
View attachment 1859580
Hope you like Sam Adam's Boston Lager. That's all I had. It's either that or Bushmill's Irish Whiskey...
Cheers! Sláinte! Kanpai! Drink up! Adventure ever on, Phat:cool:(y)
Before changing beer to

I did enjoy Samuel Adams beer. You have great taste in beer my friend. spotted-cow.jpg

Last edited:
  • Red Heart

PapaPhat

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022

I follow you, mate. No worries either. I am also dyslexic and depend heavily on spellcheck and proofreading. It's an obsession, really. Numbers are the worst for me. I had to hold a straight edge over long strings of numbers to reveal one digit at a time or I was screwed in math class. It sounds as if I were to have met you in person or on a video chat I would not have suspected any lacking in your intellect and command of language. Now that I have looked past the superficial and saw your thoughts, I can relate.

I thought about the tattoo gun and needles too for a bit then came to the same conclusion as what Dimitri shared above. Although his summation was much more colorful and humorous than my own reckoning... searching a round room for a corner to piss in. hahaha :ROFLMAO: That's fucking priceless! As to the needles themselves, they are tossed into a special "sharps" container with a biological hazard warning label and shit canned in the rubbish bin. Like other needles, they are new for each use. But, the set from Quack's eye would've likely had a spin through the sanitizer before disposal, just to be sure there was no trace of that scumbag left behind. My vengeful side likes to think they are still buried in Quack's eye but you never bury the murder weapon with the body.:devilish:

Anyway... just Phat rambling on again... I'll leave you with my basic life philosophy. It is simple...

There is no such thing as normal. Normal does not exist. It is a figment of someone else's imagination. There is only average and average is fucking boring! We are each our own unique brand of weird so be different, be unique, be kind, be generous, be kinky, be weird but most importantly, be you. There is only one you so it is up to you to be you. No one else can do that for you. Be the best you that you can be. Think for yourself and say no to conformity.

Adventure ever on my friend, Phat:cool:(y)

You and I meeting is one of many reasons why I do not put much stock in first meetings being important. It is the relationships we develop as human beings that are important.

Last edited:

Sharktopus13

Aug 3, 2021
After reading all these questions, comments, and explanation/answers the last two pages, I realized I'm not the only one who gets "very" invested in the story aspect of LRH.
The Rin question I was putting down to things that happen off screen.
The one thing that I was thinking about was, just how bad an idea a surprise party for a PTSD stricken SF vet is, especially when it begins with such ominously threatening overtones.
It won't matter how close he got to Stan, and Della. For someone with that many mental scars, and his survival training/instinct wow, the possibilities of disaster boggle the mind.
I can just see Della noticing the flash of emotions crossing the MC's face, confusion about what's happening, fear about what he thinks they are going to do, sadness about what he thinks he has to do, and then cold resolve.
If they hadn't turned on the lights to congratulate him when they did, they might have turned on to the MC surrounded by three corpses.
At least that's what nearly happened in "my" inner narrative...
If this was Hollywood, MC is John Rambo in the police station just bloodier. Not a perfect analogy, but close.
MC said it him self in the tattoo shop, what's happening here is nothing compared to what he has gone through, or Minions are a trailer park twister, he's walked through Hurricanes.
Just my thoughts, sorry if I have offended anyone.

LWtbo

Feb 11, 2018
I had considered a couple of options and pretty much came to the same conclusion as Dimitri57 decribed just after I'd hit post.
And since it did seem to make the most sence being Kat's Hobbie/job plus seemed like possibly the easyest and safest method.
As there was no mention of anything like a river nearby plus deserts are not particularly known for their rain.
But I couldn't actually remember if Quack was buried in the desert since James wasn't but I thought he was so I figured it easyer to ask.
Besides you never know when info like that could come in handy muharharharhur :devilish:
P.S. just kidding ...........(or am I).

• Haha

Kaos_Theory

Apr 18, 2019
Sorry about that guys. I'll get it fixed.

Done! I forgot to tell the sound to stop in the script. It would have kept looping until the start of 0.8.0!
Just out of curiosity how did you stop it in the script, I'd like to play it as is with the sound on but the snoring is really making it hard to concentrate on the story, I just want to edit the rpy file to add in the stop line in the right place so I can enjoy this fantastic story. If you don't mind sharing that piece of info that is anyway?

I think I may have managed to solve or at least bypass this bug by manually editing the .rpy file myself. So it's a temp fix but it works for the most part.

Last edited:

Dimitri57

Oldest Dev on F95
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 12, 2017
Just out of curiosity how did you stop it in the script, I'd like to play it as is with the sound on but the snoring is really making it hard to concentrate on the story, I just want to edit the rpy file to add in the stop line in the right place so I can enjoy this fantastic story. If you don't mind sharing that piece of info that is anyway?

I think I may have managed to solve or at least bypass this bug by manually editing the .rpy file myself. So it's a temp fix but it works for the most part.
I attached a corrected episode 7 script. You can just drop it in your game folder and let it override.

If you want to edit it yourself, open the ep7.rpy in in notepad and add the command below.

"stop music fadeout 1" (without the quotation marks)

Put it just below the line, mct "I've got to put a stereo in this thing...." (with quotation marks)

As you know, that line is on the car ride home from the end of the visit to Stan and Della's place.

The easiest way to find it would be use the "Find" function in notepad and have it find the word "stereo". That should take you right to the line.

Sorry for the inconvenience.
OBD

• Yay, new update!

Kaos_Theory

Apr 18, 2019
I attached a corrected episode 7 script. You can just drop it in your game folder and let it override.

If you want to edit it yourself, open the ep7.rpy in in notepad and add the command below.

Put it just below the line, mct "I've got to put a stereo in this thing...." (with quotation marks)

As you know, that line is on the car ride home from the end of the visit to Stan and Della's place.

The easiest way to find it would be use the "Find" function in notepad and have it find the word "stereo". That should take you right to the line.

OBD
I appreciate that, I'll give it a bash at editing it myself, I'll grab your copy as well, a download is my way to show appreciation for the time you put into this. I'm so excited to see the conclusion to this story, I haven't even got to the end of this episode but I don't want to, because I know when I do, I'm going to be mad there isn't more to see lol.

Love the story it's so engaging and the people feel real and just broken enough to be believable, you've done yourself proud on this one.

PapaPhat

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022

OBD
Thanks brother... Even my moldy old Swiss cheese brain could figure out those simple instructions. Going to replay from that trip forward to test it momentarily... just to make sure I didn't mess it up. Will likely play from the beginning of the beach scene or better still, go back and help Rin instead of making her my spy. I can always do the spy thing in a future play to see how it plays out. Many thanks.:cool:(y)

Rant... Why the fuck do folks feel the need to always be changing shit that already works? Regular, old ass Notepad that comes standard in Win10 still works just fine for all of us ancient, old school fucks. It is all I have ever used and this old hound is far to elderly and decrepit to go changing to learn new tricks. Use what makes you comfortable, kids. If you don't edit code but once in a blue moon it really makes no difference. This will likely be the one line of code that I edit this year.

Most of you who, like me, are NOT code jockeys will see a pop up window appear when you attempt to open the file ep7.rpy asking what program to use to open the file. When that comes up, select Notepad from the list of programs or Notepad+ or Notepad++, whatever your preference and click OK. You may as well click the box that tells Win10 to "always use this program for this file type" as well because you need some form of scripting editor to edit script. Just follow Dimitri's instructions. EfontMan, is correct that Notepad++ is the latest and greatest. Per Dimitri the Atom editor is what Ren'py recommends. If you do a lot of script writing or editing, sure, learn the new versions. But, for all of us old fucks and any newbies (yes it is newbie or newb, not fucking noob you dumbasses and there HAS to be a what, where, when, why, who or how if front of "the fuck" or "the hell" you can't use either without it.)... Notepad still functions, especially for one single line of scripting. SMH... Phat don't Tweet, Instagram or any of that other shit either. I don't want to join your fucking discord server or play any fucking MMO or MMORPG games either! Fuck off with all of that nonsense and leave this old hermit be! Okay, rant over.

Apologies in advance to EfontMan who had no clue that he was treading through ground laden with Claymore mine trip wires. Honestly didn't mean to blow your head off, my friend. :devilish: Peace, Phat:cool:(y)

Adventure ever on my friends, Phat:cool:(y)

PS: For anyone who has anything negative or contradictory to say regarding this post.....
1654975125624.png

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Dimitri57

PapaPhat

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022
Dimitri57
Glad you enjoyed my rant. I wasn't actually pissed, just taking a "the" piss as the Brit's say. (Thanks Avarone1974 :devilish: ) But, all of the items in that rant are things that generally piss off this grumpy old fuck. Haha :devilish:

Just tested the new script. The snoring is flat gone! Can't say that I miss it in the least. Ladies don't generally snore anyway, at least not like that cheesy sound bite. That sounded distinctly male and MC was driving with no other males in the car. So, I must express heart felt thanks for giving us the fix for that annoying snore! Huzzah!

Adventure ever on my friend, Phat:cool:(y)

PS: Went all the way back to my save with Rin sitting in Piper's tattoo chair to select the option to help Rin rather than make her my spy. Averone1974 is right... that was just cold. Otherwise, I made all the same choices. Ready for more once you have it ready for us. Huzzah!

Last edited:

Dimitri57

Oldest Dev on F95
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 12, 2017
Thanks brother... Even my moldy old Swiss cheese brain could figure out those simple instructions. Going to replay from that trip forward to test it momentarily... just to make sure I didn't mess it up. Will likely play from the beginning of the beach scene or better still, go back and help Rin instead of making her my spy. I can always do the spy thing in a future play to see how it plays out. Many thanks.:cool:(y)

Rant... Why the fuck do folks feel the need to always be changing shit that already works? Regular, old ass Notepad that comes standard in Win10 still works just fine for all of us ancient, old school fucks. It is all I have ever used and this old hound is far to elderly and decrepit to go changing to learn new tricks. Use what makes you comfortable, kids. If you don't edit code but once in a blue moon it really makes no difference. This will likely be the one line of code that I edit this year.

Most of you who, like me, are NOT code jockeys will see a pop up window appear when you attempt to open the file ep7.rpy asking what program to use to open the file. When that comes up, select Notepad from the list of programs or Notepad+ or Notepad++, whatever your preference and click OK. You may as well click the box that tells Win10 to "always use this program for this file type" as well because you need some form of scripting editor to edit script. Just follow Dimitri's instructions. EfontMan, is correct that Notepad++ is the latest and greatest. Per Dimitri the Atom editor is what Ren'py recommends. If you do a lot of script writing or editing, sure, learn the new versions. But, for all of us old fucks and any newbies (yes it is newbie or newb, not fucking noob you dumbasses and there HAS to be a what, where, when, why, who or how if front of "the fuck" or "the hell" you can't use either without it.)... Notepad still functions, especially for one single like of scripting. SMH... Phat don't Tweet, Instagram or any of that other shit either. I don't want to join your fucking discord server or play any fucking MMO or MMORPG games either! Fuck off with all of that nonsense and leave this old hermit be! Okay, rant over.

Apologies in advance to EfontMan who had no clue that he was treading through ground laden with Claymore mine trip wires. Honestly didn't mean to blow your head off, my friend. :devilish: Peace, Phat:cool:(y)

Adventure ever on my friends, Phat:cool:(y)

PS: For anyone who has anything negative or contradictory to say regarding this post.....
View attachment 1865081
Having a bad day Phat? Roll a fatty, put Big Bambu on the victrola and let your cares go up in smoke... :cool:

• Haha
  • Red Heart
Reactions: PapaPhat and cxx
4.40 star(s) 125 Votes