Votes: 496 21.0%
  • Jenny

Votes: 119 5.0%
  • Vanessa

Votes: 686 29.0%

• Total voters

PickerLewd

Dec 22, 2022
Can anyone tell me the difference between this RenPy port and the original game?
I noticed that this version is heavier than the original game, but what changes? Performance gain maybe?

GetOutOfMyLab

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Aug 13, 2021
Can anyone tell me the difference between this RenPy port and the original game?
I noticed that this version is heavier than the original game, but what changes? Performance gain maybe?
My port has a working Android build, a built-in walkthrough, and all features you'd expect from a Ren'Py game.

I'm currently in the process of updating the port to the official game's latest version and when I do, the file size will be reduced since TTrick compressed his images even further as of his last update.

GetOutOfMyLab

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Aug 13, 2021
GetOutOfMyLab Is there any way to get the "save folders" feature added to the Ren'Py version? That would be pretty handy given all of the unique branches in this VN. Would be nice to be able to keep each branch in it's own save folder and to be able to select the folder from the save/load screens.
So, while investigating how this would even be possible, I did stumble on a hidden Ren'Py feature. You can actually click on the page title at the top and change it to whatever you want:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

It's not as intuitive as what TTrick has in the official game, and if your saves for a route go beyond one page, you'd have to name the next one, but it is an option. I'm still looking into ways to accomplish this, though, but just wanted to point it out.

GetOutOfMyLab

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Aug 13, 2021
update is in progress and will be out when ready.
Indeed.

I've been working hard this week, though my IRL job has been pretty hectic the past month or so. Apart from that, because this update also finally progresses Ann Hate and Joe Rival routes a little bit, I'm having to go back and edit some previous scripts and retest earlier in the story.

I don't know when I'll be able to release yet, but plan on hitting this hard this weekend. I wouldn't doubt it will be sometime this month.

For those of you who don't play the official game, here's a little preview.

fred9320

Dec 23, 2022
Indeed.

I've been working hard this week, though my IRL job has been pretty hectic the past month or so. Apart from that, because this update also finally progresses Ann Hate and Joe Rival routes a little bit, I'm having to go back and edit some previous scripts and retest earlier in the story.

I don't know when I'll be able to release yet, but plan on hitting this hard this weekend. I wouldn't doubt it will be sometime this month.

For those of you who don't play the official game, here's a little preview.
yeahh

SnowyS

Jan 4, 2018
GetOutOfMyLab Hey... noticed something, and I'm not sure whether it's in the original game or just the Ren'Py version, or I'm just missing how to do it.

There are some dialog routes that require both Chris having Ann's number, and being mean to Chris on day 4. But, the first is only possible if MC went to the bar with Ann on day 2, while the second is only possible if Joey is MC's enemy which requires going to the bar with Vanessa on day 2 so MC can blackmail her.

Is there some way I'm missing that makes it possible and if not, any idea if it's an issue in just this port or also the original game?

Edit: Like, maybe if she meets Chris in the bar (thus allowing MC to be mean to him) and MC doesn't intervene, it's supposed to open up the same options as if Chris had gotten her # on day 2?

Last edited:

GetOutOfMyLab

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Aug 13, 2021
GetOutOfMyLab Hey... noticed something, and I'm not sure whether it's in the original game or just the Ren'Py version, or I'm just missing how to do it.

There are some dialog routes that require both Chris having Ann's number, and being mean to Chris on day 4. But, the first is only possible if MC went to the bar with Ann on day 2, while the second is only possible if Joey is MC's enemy which requires going to the bar with Vanessa on day 2 so MC can blackmail her.

Is there some way I'm missing that makes it possible and if not, any idea if it's an issue in just this port or also the original game?
Do you have an example of the dialogue requiring these conditions?

While I'm not faultless in my port (I'm even discovering some mistakes I made earlier in the game while working on the new content), I do follow TTrick's code pretty well (I've even commented in code two specific areas that I feel can never be reached).

Either way, helpful to have an example of the dialogue so I can take a look.

Joshy92

Devoted Member
Mar 25, 2021
I just read there is an Ann hate route?
I'm not man enough to do that path
Can anyone tell me what happens on it?

4.60 star(s) 10 Votes