Votes: 17 0.2%
  • Vanessa's Mom

Votes: 829 7.6%
  • Fat Joe

Votes: 991 9.0%

• Total voters

Ooh

Jun 9, 2018
Got immediately enraged then instantly calmed. Saw the abandoned tag and then read through the thread. I really enjoyed this game and have been following since it finally made me give UNITY engine a chance. Game is so unique and sexy. Why do all the good games end up like this?!!

deluges

Dec 28, 2018
why would they? its a pirate forum. sure many people here find new games over it but still most come here to play the games for free and they want to make money.
TBF there's also zero posts on their patreon page. The last post is a preview pic from February.

GingerSweetGirl

Engaged Member
Aug 23, 2020
I don't get this. Why not post something on Patreon. Not so F95 will remove the tag, but because Patreon is your official page. People won't find the discord until they find the Patreon page. This seems both unnecessary and backwards. Even if 99% of your communication is on discord, why would you want to leave your Patreon page blank for more than 3 months?

GingerSweetGirl

Engaged Member
Aug 23, 2020
The rules here, as far as I know, relate to Patreon. Why on God's green earth would you leave your Patreon page - the place where all the people who are funding your project go for updates- blank? That's just lazy.
It exceeds laziness, it's actually more suspicious. I'm not claiming anything nafarious, but it is suspicious just the same. When the creators of Double Homework suddenly went silent for two weeks on Patreon while being very active on Discord it was because their main guy had died suddenly and he was the only one with access to the Patreon account. That's how extreme it is for a Patreon page to go silent.

GingerSweetGirl

Engaged Member
Aug 23, 2020
Or they don't want to post on patreon before they have something concrete to say or exhibit, which is reasonable. Not to mention Ttrick is the one who posted on discord, who is the main dev afaik.
That means that nothing of consequence has been worked on or completed in three months? Not a teaser? A poll to engage patrons? Nothing at all worth showing? That doesn't strike you as weird?

Reactions: 19Castiel23

privitude

Jun 26, 2017
Or they don't want to post on patreon before they have something concrete to say or exhibit, which is reasonable. Not to mention Ttrick is the one who posted on discord, who is the main dev afaik.
Dude, even if you don't have something of consequence, you owe it to the people who are financially supporting you to keep them apprised of the status of the project. Even if it is a minor update, you owe them something to let them know that progress is being made and their money is not being wasted. This is how you lose backers.

Last edited:

GingerSweetGirl

Engaged Member
Aug 23, 2020
Dude, even if you don't have something of consequence, you owe it to the people who are financially supporting you to keep them apprised of the status of the project. Even if it is a minor update, you owe them something to let them know that progress is being made and their money is being wasted. This is how you lose backers.
That's the thing, some people just don't understand how important communication is. You have to keep that line of communication open and active at all times. Engaging with your patrons, even when you don't think there's really anything to tell them, is massively important. In fact, arguably, it is most important to keep engaged with them on your official Patreon page when there isn't much to show them. Every single patron has seen creators crash and burn, and some of those patrons have been burned in the process. Everyone is constantly on edge for warning signs that a game is floundering. If a Patreon page goes quiet for months at a time, those fears are going to be stoked. IMO a creator that releases a new update every 3+ months should at minimum be posting to Patreon 3 times a month just to keep their patrons engaged. Fine, sometimes you get busy at it may only be twice. In a real emergency, once a month- but that's bad. To go MONTHS without a single post? No way, something's wrong.

loters

Oct 9, 2017
For me the worst thing is Ttrick has posted 3 times on discord.
First to say that if game is tagged as abandoned here doesn't mean they abandoned it. (Not saying clearly if it is or not).
Later that he is doing good. When asked if he was ok. (But didn´t answer when asked when will he come back).
And the last one two days ago saying game is not dead.

I get that they can have some problems and maybe the guy in charge of the patreon site cannot post because is ill but given they can send messages through discord they should tell on "Announcements" the reasons of these delay and why they cannot post on patreon. Lots of Devs have delayed their proyects last months but kept people´s trust posting regularly and telling the reasons of the delay.

But as they paused billing last month i get thay have access to patreon so...

IMO they are hiding something big they should have told patreons. And I don´t think they have to wait a lot to see how most of their patreons fly away and then it will be too late.

4.60 star(s) 169 Votes