• Vanessa's Mom

Votes: 829 7.6%
  • Fat Joe

Votes: 991 9.0%

• Total voters

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
The dev has to request the on hold tag, if they don't request that then after 3 months with no activity it gets tagged as abandoned.

loters

Oct 9, 2017
It's like a Dejavu. Same dev of Duo game....

Well at least this time they gave some advise. "long story short" means long story but short unfinished game?

loters

Oct 9, 2017
The dev has to request the on hold tag, if they don't request that then after 3 months with no activity it gets tagged as abandoned.
He didn´t even say something on patreon or discord? Only thing we know is a rumour saying dev got ill three weeks ago and is near to complete next update(but nothing saying why we don´t know a single thing about him since february).

I really hope Kamo is ok and nothing bad happened. But I think all we are going to get is "long story short logs" or a quick UI remaster when patreon number goes too low, like last time.

natlavellan

Jan 22, 2018
He didn´t even say something on patreon or discord? Only thing we know is a rumour saying dev got ill three weeks ago and is near to complete next update(but nothing saying why we don´t know a single thing about him since february).

I really hope Kamo is ok and nothing bad happened. But I think all we are going to get is "long story short logs" or a quick UI remaster when patreon number goes too low, like last time.
On discord he said that the "abandoned" tag doesn't change anything about the future of the game, so yeah, we´ll get an update, we just don't know when. He got ill with covid, and so did his gf? I believe, let's hope everything is alright and the game keeps going.

fabulous007

Dec 30, 2019
I got scared just for one second here. Even if guessed it was something like that, since I knew the game had to be shortly on hold. But that's the weird thing, the tag "on hold" exists in this website, so it's stupid to put the tag abandonned right away, especially since we know it's not.

DanThaMan

Engaged Member
Jun 25, 2017
I got scared just for one second here. Even if guessed it was something like that, since I knew the game had to be shortly on hold. But that's the weird thing, the tag "on hold" exists in this website, so it's stupid to put the tag abandonned right away, especially since we know it's not.
Right away? it's been 3 months since the last post on Patreon, Also for this game to get the 'on Hold' tag the dev must request it.

Aristos

Forum Fanatic
Dec 28, 2017
We know they're following the rules.
That being said, those rules must be changed because they are ABSOLUTE BULLSHIT.
The ON HOLD and ABANDONED tags follow a ridiculous policy that gives rise to all sort of injustices and clownish situations.

The most stupid situation of all involves the ON HOLD tag: it is used if the devs state their game is on hold, but it is not removed until the game gets an update even if the same dev says the game is not on hold anymore. We believe you dev when you say it's on hold, but we don't believe you when you say you're working on it again :WaitWhat::WaitWhat:

So Milfy City is OK, but Long Story Short is abandoned because the devs communicate via Discord and not on Patreon.
OK....
It's stupid. Many things regarding the ways in which this site is managed are stupid.

WhiteFireDaemon

Mar 14, 2017
The rules seem perfectly reasonable IMO. They might not be to everyone's liking, but it sounds more like the people who don't like that this game got an abandoned tag are just mad that a game they like is getting called out. Not everyone wants to follow them on their discord and for those who don't, it sure looks abandoned to the rest of us. If the dev doesn't like it (for those who even bother to pay attention to this site), well update your stupid Patreon page. A simple post I would expect to be enough, just something like "Hey, sorry it's taking a while! We're not dead! Still working hard so please be patient!" but they can't even be bothered to do that much? Seems an abandoned tag is pretty deserved. Maybe it'll give the dev enough of a kick in the ass to do something about it.

I'd love if someone wanted to take the initiative to post some of these discord updates here to share with the rest of us, but meh. If it gets updated then it gets updated. It's a great game, but there's been lots of great games that started out strong and just flopped for whatever reason. It happens. Not sure if it's better or worse than a game that starts strong and then goes in a dumb weird direction ruining the potential but whatever. I still hope to see an update one day but I'm not about to hold my breath.

WShatn

May 21, 2020
So Milfy City is OK, but Long Story Short is abandoned because the devs communicate via Discord and not on Patreon.
Sorry, but in Discord wasn't any post from devs talking about the game since early February and not related since March.

TTrick shows up there just when this game was tagged abandoned here, so...

Shrug_00.png

Reactions: thunderkiss321

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
Milfy City dev still communicates, this dev hasn't said anything on any platform since February.

The rule is no communication at all, not just Patreon. This dev has been silent on all platforms so gets tagged.

Aristos

Forum Fanatic
Dec 28, 2017
Oh boy your nickname... With nutella and mascarpone.
Bought while coming back home after a night out partying.
Roba da matti.

Sorry, but in Discord wasn't any post from devs talking about the game since early February and not related since March.

TTrick shows up there just when this game was tagged abandoned here, so...

View attachment 1197913
Milfy City dev still communicates, this dev hasn't said anything on any platform since February.

The rule is no communication at all, not just Patreon. This dev has been silent on all platforms so gets tagged.
Well if that's the case I stand corrected, I'm not on their Discord and I believed the guy who said the devs kept communicating there.
I stand by the rest of my message though; I really believe the rules regarding those tags should be reconsidered, especially thr onhold one.

Reactions: 35gre and atrebor68
4.60 star(s) 169 Votes