Votes: 827 7.6%
  • Fat Joe

Votes: 991 9.1%

• Total voters

studio009

Game Developer
May 5, 2020

Unlocked

Even though it was close at one point! At this current time, the winner is Ann!
It was obvious that either Ann or Vanessa would win since they have the most amount of content.
And to celebrate Ann's win I decided to share some of my "hidden" renders!
Over the years, I've made tons of renders for my own amusement. The few who've seen them always tried to convince me to share them with the world but I was hesitant, but I believe now is a perfect time!
Even though I said that most of them were made just for fun, some of them actually have a story behind them. So make sure you read what's written above the images :)!

• The post's image!
This is actually one of the first renders of Ann - even before V0.1 came out! That render made me realize she has the potential to be more than just a nerdy shy girl.

• Ann and Vanessa at a random bar.
The render below was rendered at the same time as the post's image. I actually changed Vanessa's model last second, and I wanted to see how both of them would look together. And this is the result.

• Ann straight hair
I already knew what hairstyle I'm gonna use for Ann, but I also wanted to see how she'd look if I would ever give a choice to change her hairstyle.

• Goth Ann
The most satisfying thing for me is to see a visual progress of characters, not only in my game but in general. Implementing this kind of thing should require a lot of work since every render should be rendered at least twice (in a world when you have only one path). And since LSS has tons, it will cause a considerable bottleneck...
With that being said... It's still something I really wanna do...
Below is the result if Ann would ever go Goth.

• Wet Ann
This one is pretty simple. I just wanted to see if I'm able to make Ann's hair appear wet. It's not a different hair. It's actually the same hair!
I think the result is pretty cool!

• Ann's hidden Instagram post.
In the last version, Ann asked the MC for help to take some sexy pictures for her Insta.
The image below was actually the first one I've made for that scene, but after finishing the scene, I realized it might be too soon for her to post something like that... But it doesn't mean it goes to the trash! She might upload it in the next photo shoot session :)!

• Vacation!
One of my plans is <minor SPOILER ALERT> taking the gang on a wild vacation. Things might go out of control during that time!

Ann before things started to go crazy.

• Gaming PC!
Ok, so the story behind this one is a bit funny.
When I worked on V0.1, I was limited on assets, and actually, Ink was the one creating the MC's room with what we had, and honestly, I think he did a great job!
But since then, things have changed, and that room was one of the things I really want to change, but due to the number of scenes that took place in that room, rendering all of them is not something I'm interested in doing.
Another point is that the MC continues to introduce himself as a gamer even though he doesn't own a gaming PC...
So I had to see how a gaming PC would upgrade his room... The sexy time with Ann was added afterward... So yeah, the main focus should be the PC

The following renders are just me fooling around without any background story.
I'm going to give them some random titles so it will be easier to mention them if someone wants to. (I'll be posting them in no particular order)

• Ann - white bikini

• Ann at the lake

• Ann before lunch

• Ann posing at the pool

• Ann nude on the sofa

• Ann laying - black turquoise bikini

Ann standing - black turquoise bikini

• Ann black outfit

• Ann near the window

• Ann and Vanessa at the beach (again)

I hope you enjoyed this "travel in memory lane" kind of post!
I would love to hear which render is your favorite and why!

I will be posting news regarding the actual game in a different post. So please save your questions to the other one if you have any :)

ahbapftw

May 15, 2019
okay im typing this because searching a thing in the 132 pages is kinda hard.
Can anyone have a savefile or something like that to let me see Joe x Ann scene? or all scenes

Back

Aug 3, 2017
*Raises hand* I have a few questions I'd like to get an accurate response to. Thanks.
  1. (Ren'Py Remake?) - The game is currently Unity, but I've heard rumors that the game is going to be remade using Ren'Py. Is that right? If so, then do we have a timeline of when the game might make an appearance using the Ren'Py engine? I think as far as VNs go, that'd be cool. EDIT: A Ren'Py conversion seems to be on the table but whether the (now solo) dev will want to do so is still up in the air.

2. (Incest Patch?) - Is this one of those games that have an "unofficial, yet official" Incest patch to make things make sense? I noted that there is a patch for it in the OP, but I don't know how necessary it's needed. I found that many games that have these unofficial, official incest patches doesn't make a lick of sense if one were to play without them installed. For example, an MC living with their "landlady" for their entire life, rent-free, while the MC's young, female housemate just strolls up into the MC's room uninvited, half-naked. Oft-times, the dialogue script for characters in these games that pretend to not be incest-based are off-putting or odd, or in the worst cases, simply jarring.

3. (Duo Connection?) - How much is the previous game, Duo, play into this one, if any? It appears that development has all but ceased on Duo as far as I can tell. However, do I need to play that one first in order to pick up on any connections between the two games while going through LSS? Or does Duo have no part whatsoever in LSS?
Alrighty guys, thanks in advance for sating my curiosity. Cheers and be safe, y'all! Pura vida.

Edit 1 - Added strike-throughs and the additional line following them.
Edit 2 - Noted that LSS is no longer a team project but a lead by a single developer now.

Last edited:

xgrotesc

Sep 8, 2016
*Raises hand* I have a few questions I'd like to get an accurate response to. Thanks.
  1. (Ren'Py Remake?) - The game is currently Unity, but I've heard rumors that the game is going to be remade using Ren'Py. Is that right? If so, then do we have a timeline of when the game might make an appearance using the Ren'Py engine? I think as far as VNs go, that'd be cool.

2. (Incest Patch?) - Is this one of those games that have an "unofficial, yet official" Incest patch to make things make sense? I noted that there is a patch for it in the OP, but I don't know how necessary it's needed. I found that many games that have these unofficial, official incest patches doesn't make a lick of sense if one were to play without them installed. For example, an MC living with their "landlady" for their entire life, rent-free, while the MC's young, female housemate just strolls up into the MC's room uninvited, half-naked. Oft-times, the dialogue script for characters in these games that pretend to not be incest-based are off-putting or odd, or in the worst cases, simply jarring.

3. (Duo Connection?) - How much is the previous game, Duo, play into this one, if any? It appears that development has all but ceased on Duo as far as I can tell. However, do I need to play that one first in order to pick up on any connections between the two games while going through LSS? Or does Duo have no part whatsoever in LSS?
Alrighty guys, thanks in advance for sating my curiosity. Cheers and be safe, y'all! Pura vida.
1- Yes, game is being Remade into Ren'py. Don't think there's any prediction for the release yet, but I'm not a patron, so I can't be 100% sure.

2- From what I remember there's only 1 character that is seen as a friend, but it would be dubbed as a sister with an incest patch. However the dialogues still made sense without the patch. I never used it since incest isn't something I'm generally drawn to. I don't mind it, but it's definitely not something that a game needs to have to make me interested.

3- No Duo connection whatsoever, they're completely independent games. LSS was/is a very good game. Duo was interrupted at quite an early stage of it's development so there's a very small amount of content on that one, however I still think that as a game Duo was more interesting then LSS. Not that LSS isn't good, because it actually is pretty good game, especially when you consider most of the crap games around here, but still, Duo premise and mechanics seemed better. That one becoming abandoned is what actually bums me out the most, but hey, such is life.

Reactions: Back

Back

Aug 3, 2017
1- Yes, game is being Remade into Ren'py. Don't think there's any prediction for the release yet, but I'm not a patron, so I can't be 100% sure.

2- From what I remember there's only 1 character that is seen as a friend, but it would be dubbed as a sister with an incest patch. However the dialogues still made sense without the patch. I never used it since incest isn't something I'm generally drawn to. I don't mind it, but it's definitely not something that a game needs to have to make me interested.

3- No Duo connection whatsoever, they're completely independent games. LSS was/is a very good game. Duo was interrupted at quite an early stage of it's development so there's a very small amount of content on that one, however I still think that as a game Duo was more interesting then LSS. Not that LSS isn't good, because it actually is pretty good game, especially when you consider most of the crap games around here, but still, Duo premise and mechanics seemed better.
Ah thanks for the reply. I got ninja'd regarding the Ren'Py Remake bit by you as I was editing that portion, lol. From what I read by the developer, a conversion to Ren'Py is a likely possibility but not a definitive one as of yet.

Regarding the incest bit, that's good to hear! I'm not a big fan of it, like you, but won't disparage folks that do. It's good to know that the dialogues in the script appears to sound smoothly when you're running across them in game. Cheers on that!

Re: Duo - I see. Maybe I'll look into it more. In any event, thanks for taking the time in answering my questions, xgrotesc. Have a good one! :]

RedPillBlues

I Want to Rock your Body (To the Break of Dawn)
Donor
Jun 5, 2017
and you can probably get that vibe while playing.
Amen. Thats the exact feeling I got when I played this last. At least the dev realizes his short coming and can either grow as a writer or hire someone to do it.

Roido

Jul 29, 2018
I just hope that on hold status is just an on hold status and not a forever goodbye status.

sevendustkorn1008

Mar 24, 2020
Btw, it's perfectly safe to become a Patron. TTrick is freezing charges until further notice. So, you won't be charged if you become a Patron, and you can read the latest updates. Long story short (lol), he's been busy and been looking at which engine he'll use for the continuation of LSS. He was underwhelmed with Renpy and has all but decided not to use Renpy. He won't use Unity either, though. He decided he'll try to do something himself, whatever that means. Also, he opened a new Discord channel. That's pretty much it.

So, don't expect a release anytime soon.

m0us3r

Nov 28, 2020
On the other hand he sounds like a practical dude so I hope he settles for renpy when he figures out what building a VN engine entails. Other examples of the latter on this site are... underwhelming. The only downside for renpy off the top of my head is it has a shitty default ui that I reckon would take some work to customise to look as cool as the current unity style.
Oh yes. Ren'Py is feature rich and very easy to use. I don't see any reason not to use it for VN.
Its default UI is just an example. It's easy to change it, even making it look like in old LSS.
Using anything like React Native or something would be just reinventing the wheel, with not so convenient means.
For instance, Python is so much simpler than JS...
Shit.

patachoucs

Mar 26, 2020
disappointing, after almost 6 months break.
I mean it's not like the guy didn't do anything for 6 months. He has a life on the side.

Oh yes. Ren'Py is feature rich and very easy to use. I don't see any reason not to use it for VN.
Its default UI is just an example. It's easy to change it, even making it look like in old LSS.
Using anything like React Native or something would be just reinventing the wheel, with not so convenient means.
For instance, Python is so much simpler than JS...
Shit.
Ttrick is a professional dev (or rather coder). He doesn't code in the Ren'py language tho. He wants to do it in the one he knows and feel comfortable with. Let's give him some slack and see what happens.

Let's all remember the guy is being decent and not charging anyone (unlike some others I won't cite cause we all know who I mean) and opened about what is going on. Yeah it's frustrating but at least it's not abandonned.

zetsupetsu

Dec 22, 2019
I understand that this has already been unfortunately abandoned, but how much sharing scenes are there?

4.60 star(s) 169 Votes