Votes: 827 7.6%
  • Fat Joe

Votes: 989 9.1%

• Total voters

RogueKnightUK

Co-Writer: Retrieving The Past
Game Developer
Jul 10, 2018
I'd forgotten what an annoying pain it is to play a VN with no rollback when I'm so used to having one. I'm constantly trying to go back to re-read a line and being frustrated. For that reason, within 15 minutes of play I was too frustrated and annoyed to keep going. Maybe I'll restart another day, and hope there's a quicksave function I can use, maybe there won't be a function like that and saving is always interruptive, or maybe I just won't get around to it before another of the many games I already play get an update.

I'm not saying you need to fix anything or change anything. Just giving you plain, honest insight into why at least one player didn't enjoy the game and won't be able to give it a good review, or recommend it to others, etc. What you do with that insight, if anything, is entirely your own choice.

Kond

Jul 8, 2018
Good game. I dont like NTR, but i dont saw any yet in my gameplay and i already try to avoid it.
One thing that i dont like is the save system, we have more than 1 path to follow and we cant name the saves, we cant rollback, we dont have quicksaves or different save pages to organize the saves...damn...

LouWill

Feb 3, 2018
This game has the best UI I've seen so far. Gameplay is nice, models are good-looking. I just wish development was faster. But hey, it's good for what it is so far. Lots of potential if the Dev can commit to timely updates

Reactions: Sharku and TTrick

ltpika

Engaged Member
Aug 6, 2016
So, do how do the choices in the sex scenes work? Is it a strict like/dislike system or can you influence the girl's preferences? Like if I make Ann suck does that make her more into kinky stuff? Also, is there a way to extract cgs from this game?

UnoriginalUserName

Engaged Member
Sep 3, 2017
Pretty cool so far. I'm hoping there's a way to hook up with Alex at some point without completely fucking over Ann. Damn "side chicks" being better than the main girls. :sneaky:

Great render quality and a very nice, solid UI, although it would be nice if there was a way to quit the game while in fullscreen mode and an in-game way to delete saves (unless I'm totally missing it).

Speaking of saves, I had a few instances where loading a save would lead to a totally blank screen or just a background screen with a little time advance clock thing in the lower left corner, which was weird.

Only other comment I'd make is Joe's arms are too damn small. Does he even lift, bro? :LOL:

K Ink

Unity is bae
Donor
Game Developer
Jul 19, 2017
Answering some technical questions, as I'm not taking a big part in the game's story development aspect. TTrick will probably touch on story related questions later.

I'm not saying you need to fix anything or change anything. Just giving you plain, honest insight into why at least one player didn't enjoy the game and won't be able to give it a good review, or recommend it to others, etc. What you do with that insight, if anything, is entirely your own choice.
One thing that i dont like is the save system, we have more than 1 path to follow and we cant name the saves, we cant rollback, we dont have quicksaves or different save pages to organize the saves...damn...
Thanks for the feedback about Saves. We've been actually planning to add filtering options, and maybe renaming to saves but weren't sure what approach to take. So we didn't get to make those changes in this version.

The next version will probably have an improved way to handle saves. It will be in the form of folders, naming, or automatic filtering based on routes. Still not sure about the approach, but we are aware that they can get messy and looking to fix it.

About rollbacking dialogue - we don't support this feature ATM, but there is a "Dialogue History" if you press TAB or the button at the bottom right of the screen.

Pretty cool so far. I'm hoping there's a way to hook up with Alex at some point without completely fucking over Ann. Damn "side chicks" being better than the main girls. :sneaky:

Great render quality and a very nice, solid UI, although it would be nice if there was a way to quit the game while in fullscreen mode and an in-game way to delete saves (unless I'm totally missing it).

Speaking of saves, I had a few instances where loading a save would lead to a totally blank screen or just a background screen with a little time advance clock thing in the lower left corner, which was weird.

Only other comment I'd make is Joe's arms are too damn small. Does he even lift, bro? :LOL:
You can already get a secret message and picture from Alex ;)
Deleting saves - we want to keep the saves UI simple, so there's no delete saves option. If you want to delete a save, you can override it next time you save, which will result in similar behavior. However, I'm not ruling out the possibility to add delete saves, I'll look into it when working on the other changes to saves!

Regrading save issues - Thanks for reporting! You were right, we found a few scenarios where an image was left as a placeholder which resulted in missing images when loading into that scene.

The clock issue means some logic issue that caused the game to not find any route, do you remember by any chance at what scene did you create the broken save? Better yet - if you can upload the saves somewhere, it will help us find the issue quicker.

Quitting on full screen - point taken. It can be done at the main menu, but not inside the game. Will be adding for next release (y)

This game has the best UI I've seen so far. Gameplay is nice, models are good-looking. I just wish development was faster. But hey, it's good for what it is so far. Lots of potential if the Dev can commit to timely updates
Thanks! :)

UnoriginalUserName

Engaged Member
Sep 3, 2017
You can already get a secret message and picture from Alex ;)
You know, I saw that in the game, but never got anything from her so I assumed it was going to be coming in the next update. After you said that I went back and tried 4 more times and lo and behold it finally popped up. I have no idea what the issue was the first few times I tried, but I had to redo the Ann scene to get it to trigger. Loading a save post-Ann HJ didn't work. You can post a message but you don't get a reply, or at least I didn't.

The clock issue means some logic issue that caused the game to not find any route, do you remember by any chance at what scene did you create the broken save? Better yet - if you can upload the saves somewhere, it will help us find the issue quicker.
The only one I have left is this one during the Truth or Dare sequence where you dare Ann to kiss you, Joey, or Vanessa. I'll attach it to this post.

I'm fairly sure the other one I ran into was in the bedroom, but I honestly can't remember what point it was at in the game and I overwrote the save because I assumed it was corrupted, sorry. I know that doesn't really narrow it down since it's a hub area, lol.

Reactions: TTrick and K Ink

BigTyson

Dec 6, 2017
You know, I saw that in the game, but never got anything from her so I assumed it was going to be coming in the next update. After you said that I went back and tried 4 more times and lo and behold it finally popped up. I have no idea what the issue was the first few times I tried, but I had to redo the Ann scene to get it to trigger. Loading a save post-Ann HJ didn't work. You can post a message but you don't get a reply, or at least I didn't.

The only one I have left is this one during the Truth or Dare sequence where you dare Ann to kiss you, Joey, or Vanessa. I'll attach it to this post.

I'm fairly sure the other one I ran into was in the bedroom, but I honestly can't remember what point it was at in the game and I overwrote the save because I assumed it was corrupted, sorry. I know that doesn't really narrow it down since it's a hub area, lol.
What did you do to trigger the picture? I still can't get it for the life of me

Reactions: FAP369ZONE

UnoriginalUserName

Engaged Member
Sep 3, 2017
That's that thing, I'm not sure. I replayed through with a few older saves until trying one from the night of the Truth or Dare where you get into bed with Ann and choose to either be clothed or naked up to the end of the Ann handjob scene and it finally worked.

I have no idea why it didn't trigger any of the other times I tried because I didn't do anything differently.

BigTyson

Dec 6, 2017
That's that thing, I'm not sure. I replayed through with a few older saves until trying one from the night of the Truth or Dare where you get into bed with Ann and choose to either be clothed or naked up to the end of the Ann handjob scene and it finally worked.

I have no idea why it didn't trigger any of the other times I tried because I didn't do anything differently.
Yeah I was thinking that. I tried like 10 different combos to get that Ann thing and even then nothing happened, the only thing I didn't try was being aggressive during the bedroom scene because I don't think that would help.

TTrick

Well-Known Boomer
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 12, 2018
Thanks again for the feedback!

Regarding the short updates:
Right now the game has quite a few paths you can take. Each update I am adding content to each route, so if you play only one path it might feel short for you. That's why I always suggest playing the game multiple times to really enjoy its full potential.
This update (0.3) was released two weeks after the previous one, and I'm happy with what I was able to release while working a full-time job, I've already explained in details why I like small updates here.

Long Story Short has so much potential and improves with every update. I subscribe to the belief that this game will be really super for those who bear cheating, corruption, NTR, or defying temptation fetishes. I'm impressed of a cross between Good Girl Gone Bad and Acting Lessons. Good show and cheers!
Thank you!
Did I miss something or wasn't there ANY kind of lewd content in this update? :unsure:
There is for both Ann and Vanessa.
So is 3 a fix or is their new content? The replies in this thread are sending mixed messages, some even imply there might be removed content? Wut?
There is only new content I haven't removed any.

Thank you but that leads to my follow up question? How do I do it, do I send the best friend to the room with ann?
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

It's not a bug. I really like putting Easter eggs in my games and reward people that take their time to find them! :)

For people who want to know if they missed anything I'll just post the CG for the game:

UnoriginalUserName

Engaged Member
Sep 3, 2017
It's not a bug. I really like putting Easter eggs in my games and reward people that take their time to find them! :)

Oh, and feel free to laugh at my MC's name(s) in that save I attached, that's the whole point. :LOL:

Last edited:
Reactions: TTrick

TTrick

Well-Known Boomer
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 12, 2018
Reactions: UnoriginalUserName

UnoriginalUserName

Engaged Member
Sep 3, 2017
Lol! But that's not it :p
You must have entered something in between and forgot

Yeah, the name really made me laugh! :ROFLMAO:
Yeah, I figured it had to be the stuff before the "pain in the ass" part, I was just exasperated by that point, haha.

That said, the fact that you're putting "interactive" Easter Eggs in the game is actually pretty cool, and clever. Nicely done there...now that we know to look anyway!

Reactions: TTrick

K Ink

Unity is bae
Donor
Game Developer
Jul 19, 2017

Thanks! That save file was super helpful. Found the issue and it seems to affect multiple scenes. It's fixed for the next update!
The issue isn't related to the save files, so those "broken" saves will work again after the fix!

4.60 star(s) 169 Votes