Lord Verminaard

Mar 14, 2018
I thought for a second and I came to conclusion that I still don't like her and I couldn't care less about any "unspoken" rule or individual persons worth in this case.
I didnt say "they are untouchable". My only problem with that rule is it being an "unspoken" rule. It should be a scrict law around that world. Instead of killing they might be send to breeding facilities or given to some breeders but killing them should be strictly forbidden.

To be fair, the Lord wasn't talking about the worth of the person (which is diminished, we can easily agree, and I wouldn't want to keep her in her position at all) but the worth of the womb. All postapocalyptic worlds have one or two thingamajigs which are important to keep humanity (as we know it) as much alive as possible. Killing women is like destroying diesel generators or a Fallout GECK or similar.

That being said, when we're being this cynical, women cannot allowed to do everything and the womb can be kept without having the person around. Keep her somewhere out of sight, let someone go at it when she is not pregnant, feed her, that'd be it.
My point was that exactly. I never said she shouldnt be punished, but you cant waste a resource like that in an apocalyptic setup

Lord Verminaard

Mar 14, 2018
Agreed, Unless the rest of the city has "plot immunity" there is literally nothing standing in the way of my army crushing all in its path including the horde.... I MIGHT keep the ex queen in the harem, but Dex and the dip shit East lord's heads are up on pikes alongside that Ahole in the mutant camp.
You are all forgetting a thing, there are no thing like "my army". They are the Nord Army and they serve you because of Taiana chosed you as a co-conspirator. So with a slight push "Your army" can race to crush your skull for a chance to get good graces of Queen, Taiana, Dex or other lords. You are three aganist city at that point of the game. And you build your army from either bought slaves or captured slaves from wastelands, why do you think they owe loyalty? :ROFLMAO: You destroyed their lives in the first place

Majindevil

Nov 20, 2018
hmm is there something wrong in my memory or was last update a quest where you had to rescue cat from the camp and this update a new quest to bring her a new potion and meeting barbara again for the first time? is this a bug

gpsywolf

Sep 30, 2019
Nord Lord is a title, a position. Like PM or President. He's valid because he was endorsed by Taina, but he's still in control of the military. So its not as simple as you make it to be. He's in command, hes the LORD KING, not Queen's Consort. There's a huge difference.

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
Nord Lord is a title, a position. Like PM or President. He's valid because he was endorsed by Taina, but he's still in control of the military. So its not as simple as you make it to be. He's in command, hes the LORD KING, not Queen's Consort. There's a huge difference.
Is he in control of the military though? I mean, yes, the highest ranking member surely is on his side, no doubt about it. But if the military gets unhappy (having to go on a raid almost every day including sundays, selling weapons to mutants and enslaving citizens may do wonders to the morale in a negative sense) that may not be worth much. Especially if the validity of the title gets challenged. Unless MC moves to install himself as a symbol of the Nord, this may indeed be important. Will the military shoot on their own people to defend a president who has just thrown the person into jail who convinced said people that he is legitimate?

Reactions: Lord Verminaard

gregers

Forum Fanatic
Dec 9, 2018
He's not the king yet. He's temporarily recognized as Lord of Nord for now, but full recognition from the queen is dependant on his marriage to Taina (and getting to be king is still a ways off). So yeah, it's not simple.

Reactions: Lord Verminaard

Lord Verminaard

Mar 14, 2018
Control of the military? How can you say that while there arent any military member MC know? :ROFLMAO: In the game the only one you talk about military is with your own friend. He is the head of the military only because of he is MCs friend. Do you really think military would be loyal to him in case of a coup? And you are forgetting again you enslaved that military in the first place. Every member of that military suffered in the hands of your soldiers or your slavers. Why would they fight with you aganist the city?

I can understand the people who hate Taiana and want to kill her but a plater must think within the boundaries of the setting and lore while playing a game. What are you suggesting is like firing RPGs to Nazguls or chasing them with F35 in LOTR universe. For this game, lorewise our "Lordking" is just a wastelander who is fucking right person to rise.

Lord Verminaard

Mar 14, 2018
hmm is there something wrong in my memory or was last update a quest where you had to rescue cat from the camp and this update a new quest to bring her a new potion and meeting barbara again for the first time? is this a bug
Yeah, I am facing with same issue to. There is a new quest named "Catherines Recovery" but quest dont shown as completed despite evey sub point completed.

You recruit soldiers from among the citizens, not slaves.
And you recruit citizens from slaves, so apart from a simple technicality you recruit soldiers from slaves

B00G1E

Jan 17, 2021
I was enjoying this game until Taina whore got plot armour after betraying me " i realise you are not the type of person i thought you were but I'm not sorry for betraying you so fuck you I'm immortal " if she had any sort of remorse i may have forgiven her now though she needs a fucking amazing redemption arc else Dex can have the bitch after i let my thousand troops enjoy her maybe even all my slaves too along with the slag she helped in my dungeon.

The ArcKnight

Nylon enthusiast, Harem enjoyer.
Donor
May 19, 2018
Every time I see this game update it immediately jumps to the top of my queue.
Also, I will never understand players who let Danka marry pino. Danka is best girl.

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
Hardly a technicality. They're not enslaved people you press into military service, but free citizens recruited to fight.
Never forget where you're coming from however. They, or at least most of them, were slaves and that memory will stay with them.

However, there is no way of knowing how people feel about slavery in these circumstances. I mean, certainly they will not like it, but apart from that slaves have been treated differently in different cultures and times. And since there is a certain possibility of mobility upwards, and does not result from some unchangeable characteristic of your person, it may be different than other examples.

Raziel_8

Engaged Member
Dec 4, 2017
They do have plot immunity - which is just as well in a game. Also, lore wise, you might have troubles staying in the good graces of the Nord without a proper claim to the throne (bloodline and such) and lose the support of the army. It wouldn't be the first military coup in history.
I doubt the normal people are so loyal to the bloodline, they have enough on their hands to stay alive, so if the MC does a good job, why would they go against him and he got the titel from the queen even without marriage.

The military as well as the normal citizens/slaves have suffered heavy losses do to Megan and Tainas betrayal, why should they go against the MC if he punishes the traitors, which caused the dead of their comrades.
Of course he should also make good use of propaganda to convince them even more.

As for the titel, the queen didn't give a fuck about heredity claims, or the marriage to Taina.
She made it pretty clear what she cares for is, that the districts are in order and that he does a good job.

The west lord wants u dead either way, which is based on reciprocity.
The south lord is a child with no power.
The east lord is ur buddy, which would support u against the queen.

Is he in control of the military though? I mean, yes, the highest ranking member surely is on his side, no doubt about it. But if the military gets unhappy (having to go on a raid almost every day including sundays, selling weapons to mutants and enslaving citizens may do wonders to the morale in a negative sense) that may not be worth much. Especially if the validity of the title gets challenged. Unless MC moves to install himself as a symbol of the Nord, this may indeed be important. Will the military shoot on their own people to defend a president who has just thrown the person into jail who convinced said people that he is legitimate?
Well yes selling weapons to mutants and even raiding on sundays may really not good for moral.
But raiding human settlements in the wastelands and enslaving them, seems to be the accepted norm, for the city at least.

Also most of the old military, which was loyal to Tainas family, is dead or deserted. The new military is nearly entirely build up by the MC and his friends, so i really don't think that they would be all that loyal to Taina in the first place.

Would the people even more so the military(which had many looses) try to rebel for Taina thought, if they would know what she and Megan did and would they do it even if the mutant horde is already in the city and all of their lifes are in danger ?

I didnt say "they are untouchable". My only problem with that rule is it being an "unspoken" rule. It should be a scrict law around that world. Instead of killing they might be send to breeding facilities or given to some breeders but killing them should be strictly forbidden.
If you are at the point where the women or their womb is so special and needed for survival, that u can't execute a serious threat like Megan, which wanted to build something like a tnt filled trojan horse to blow u up, no matter the casualties, than it seems extremly unlikely that women would have any rights at all, they would be used as breeding factories, even without punishment.

And so far there seems no problem with a lack of population, more a problem of resources to keep all the people safe, healty and feed.

Last edited:

The ArcKnight

Nylon enthusiast, Harem enjoyer.
Donor
May 19, 2018
Been meaning to ask, are there any fan signatures for this game? Didn't see any in the OP.

Lord Verminaard

Mar 14, 2018
Hardly a technicality. They're not enslaved people you press into military service, but free citizens recruited to fight.
Well, they are not free, citizens are working in your labs, factories for you so they are like slaves in higher status. You can move from slave to citizen, citizen to slave and citizen to soldier like pawns on the chest board. If there would be any requirement for player to move people from slave to citizen than maybe it would differ. As far as I know, there cannot be a complete fredom in post apocalyptic settings lorewise.

In other case lets assume they become citizen through hard work and skill in time. They are still same person who saw their beloved ones killed, enslaved or raped by the troops of "Lord of the Nord" in the first place. In an oppurtunity to overthrow lord, why wold they stay loyal? Even our MC comes to city for that.

Rocc46

Sep 1, 2020
So I finished it and Taina is even worse than before which I didn't think was even possible. She's essentially laughing to your face.

"I don't really regret what I did and guess what, you can't do anything to me so jokes on you" WTF?

Does the dev have some like "exploitation" fetish that he likes when women take advantage of him or something? I'm not even trying to be asshole but this entire Taina plotline is so ridiculous, that I honestly just don't get it.

Famescua

Donor
Compressor
Aug 10, 2018
All I can say is that the dev is really just ruining taina more than she already is. Most people no longer like her from the betrayal. Yes I understand she was helping her friend and lover Megan. Also she didn't go through with poisoning the mc when she had a chance. But with this new attitude where she basically states she regrets nothing and you can't do anything about it..... well let's just say some people won't even do lewd scenes with her because they see her as trash. The dev really needs to find some way to redeem her. As it stands she shouldn't even be allowed to stay as the "ear". Anyways let's hope next update he can begin to really redeem her not make her worse.

3.60 star(s) 57 Votes