Famescua

Donor
Compressor
Aug 10, 2018
First of all, Megan is not a from an important bloodline from the game, so she is not protected by anyone, still MC didnt kill her. Even after Taianas betrayal. So far, all the characters who died are male NPC's, so story is somewhat consistent at that point.

In every movie we seen in the cinemas, women we saw are indeed property, and they arent protected by any strict law, thats correct and dont contradicts to my words. But they are never been killed casually if they dont have skills to defend themselves. Because they are needed to repupolate, to be experiment on, simply please someone. Just name one movie in a post apocalyptic setting that a female characters have been killed casually and I will say okey.

Exactly. So far in the story Nord is the weakest part of the city. Even with the help of Western Lord, still they cant overpower the west. Thats why soldiers wont be MC's side at that point.

Nope. I don't know about you but generally people dont forgive a man because he is a fellow countryman after they suffered in the hand of him. If they had power to do so, they would. Wasteland is indeed "waste". They dont have resources (especially ) to stand aganist a party from the city.

They were mutants in case of you didnt notice, you cant contact a mutant without getting taint storywise. So they are not resources to use, they are just toxic materials.

I didnt say it was lenient but it is reasonable if you think people as materials. I am just saying if you are lacking a material, you wont waste it anymore than necessary. Taiana or any women in the city is in the mercy of the lords, so just killing them is wasting a material. Besides while you can bestow a life full of rape, torture and humiliation upon someone why would you choose a quick death for punishment?

That made me angry too, but I can understand it lorewise. Taiana feels she cant be killed without any severe consequence, so she tends to get cocky. It is almost normal given the case. I am agreeing that keeping her in a position to plot is just stupid. And I am not saying "You cant punish her" I am just saying in the game she is from a royal bloodline and a female in the post apocalyptic world, so you cant just kill her and give the impression of you killed Taiana to public.
Well off the top of my head is mad max 2, not the remakes the original. The wasteland warriors attacked some people. Killed the guys then raped and killed the girl. She was good looking and yet she was killed. So there's your movie. I could probably find more but I really don't want to go through a bunch of movies to find the scenes.

Osamabeenfappin

Nov 24, 2019
Not going to keep hammering on this, it is what it is, but I am gently amused at the dev crowbarring an extensive monologue into the latest update to justify Taina not facing any serious repercussions for her actions.

View attachment 1254618

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

So if MC's position is that shitty,why would he not kill Tania,and then just launch a coup with Jerry. Thats half the city,vs half the city.

Reactions: Valeck and eddie987

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
i kept her but still it shows, and what about other quests will they come in next version
She was supposed to get kidnapped by her father, and when you rescue her, she turns green.
I don't know about 'next' version, but they are coming...

Famescua

Donor
Compressor
Aug 10, 2018
So if MC's position is that shitty,why would he not kill Tania,and then just launch a coup with Jerry. Thats half the city,vs half the city.
From what I remember Fu has a very strong army, right up there with the queens. So even with Jerry you supposedly aren't strong enough to win.

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
Well off the top of my head is mad max 2, not the remakes the original. The wasteland warriors attacked some people. Killed the guys then raped and killed the girl. She was good looking and yet she was killed. So there's your movie. I could probably find more but I really don't want to go through a bunch of movies to find the scenes.
There are others, novels as well as movies, too. However, since there is no known way how the post apocalypse will play out, we will never know how it's going to be.

No, that's not "moving the goalposts", I am a different guy trying to argue a different thing: mainly that the whole plotline, which I otherwise massively dislike, both with the "unspoken rule" as well as with Taina being needed to justify our MC staying in control, is not illogical even though exhaustingly convenient to drive this point home.

Next one is not a direct response to the quoted post but to some others earlier: As for the army sizes - apart from the question about the loyalty raised earlier - we need to distinguish I think between the resource gathering mechanics which gives us numbers like "1,000 soldiers, 5,000 citizens, 10,000 slaves" (which could be optimized by moving them around, I know) on the one hand and the lore about the city. We have no idea how large the other districts are but while North may be rising, there is no in story sign that it suddenly surpasses everybody else and could just wallop through the city at will. And it wouldn't make sense story wise if not wanted, because however large you make the others, you can just grind or cheat yourself way higher than that, so all of the storylines would be inconsequential against "get large army, conquer, win". Fu giving you trouble? Just raiose another 100,000 soldiers. Granted, quite a few mouseclicks but easily done.

Reactions: TheDevian

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
Yea but fuck it,take a run at the palace,grab your sister and dip if you're losing. Or just pearl harbor Fu,and the Queen.
That's not a very fun ending, what about all the other girls in the harem? I will either have all the girls in the city, or my army will die trying! XD ...FOR THE HAREMS!!!

Fu has the strongest army in the city, other than perhaps the queen. Depending on what the situation is in that other district, there are technically 5 'factions' in the city. The queen controls 2 of them, Fu has his, and then there is the player and Jerry, who may or may not turn on you, if push comes to shove, you never know what someone will do when their life is on the line.

Reactions: Cartageno

Osamabeenfappin

Nov 24, 2019
That's not a very fun ending, what about all the other girls in the harem? I will either have all the girls in the city, or my army will die trying! XD ...FOR THE HAREMS!!!

Fu has the strongest army in the city, other than perhaps the queen. Depending on what the situation is in that other district, there are technically 5 'factions' in the city. The queen controls 2 of them, Fu has his, and then there is the player and Jerry, who may or may not turn on you, if push comes to shove, you never know what someone will do when their life is on the line.
I mean the whole reason the MC went along with Tania in the first place was to rescue his sister. All this other stuff is basically just...frippery. Shit,thats not even getting into the fact that a creative MC could do a lot of fucked up shit to Tania,without breaking that so called 'rule'. Also notice its not a law...its a rule. And what are rules made to be?

Reactions: Valeck and eddie987

Famescua

Donor
Compressor
Aug 10, 2018
There are others, novels as well as movies, too. However, since there is no known way how the post apocalypse will play out, we will never know how it's going to be.

No, that's not "moving the goalposts", I am a different guy trying to argue a different thing: mainly that the whole plotline, which I otherwise massively dislike, both with the "unspoken rule" as well as with Taina being needed to justify our MC staying in control, is not illogical even though exhaustingly convenient to drive this point home.

Next one is not a direct response to the quoted post but to some others earlier: As for the army sizes - apart from the question about the loyalty raised earlier - we need to distinguish I think between the resource gathering mechanics which gives us numbers like "1,000 soldiers, 5,000 citizens, 10,000 slaves" (which could be optimized by moving them around, I know) on the one hand and the lore about the city. We have no idea how large the other districts are but while North may be rising, there is no in story sign that it suddenly surpasses everybody else and could just wallop through the city at will. And it wouldn't make sense story wise if not wanted, because however large you make the others, you can just grind or cheat yourself way higher than that, so all of the storylines would be inconsequential against "get large army, conquer, win". Fu giving you trouble? Just raiose another 100,000 soldiers. Granted, quite a few mouseclicks but easily done.
I'm not saying it can't be "possible" that we need to keep her alive to retain power. I'm saying that it was done in such a bad way that the players now hate a main LI. Also I was just answering the other guy who was posting his opinions like they were 100% correct, I showed that he wasn't. He said to name 1 movie so I did. And you are right about the game mechanics, all it takes is more grinding. Basically I'm saying the dev should have done a better job with Taina.

TadStrange

Sep 16, 2019
Hmmm... I feel like there are a lot of spring ups in this game as of recent updates. What with all the Tai hate growing by the update release, while I can agree that this update felt like she slapped us in the face and produced a mocking like message. I really feel like it was the dev's intention of trying to show her as someone who's also trying to keep it together while talking to him but it may have been done in a way that showed the opposite.

Like when she starts off she laughs immediately, not the typical Heh... Yea good times type of awkward ice breaker but the Ha ha, where it's like okay you tryna start some shit with me vibe emanating off of that. LOL But yea feels like we're being left without the option to do as we wish with her via plot relevance. I also feel like we don't have enough to even somewhat satisfy our theories of how this kingdom sees her.

Like lore wise we got the most of her family being uncle was a shit head and father a kind king etc, the workers adore her. Again, the workers. Though that doesn't really say much for the rest of the citizens. Not to mention her whole talk was basically stuff we learned and knew in the prior update that she didn't get to rub in our face beforehand. That story event left me curious of what's next and also going why did it end abruptly.

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
I'm not saying it can't be "possible" that we need to keep her alive to retain power. I'm saying that it was done in such a bad way that the players now hate a main LI. Also I was just answering the other guy who was posting his opinions like they were 100% correct, I showed that he wasn't. He said to name 1 movie so I did. And you are right about the game mechanics, all it takes is more grinding. Basically I'm saying the dev should have done a better job with Taina.
Yeah, it would have been better if said rule appeared earlier in game, not only mentioned but perhaps also shown (our lovely thief would have been a nice way to insert this info).

Also notice its not a law...its a rule. And what are rules made to be?
I'd argue that an "unspoken rule" carries way more weight in this environment than a law ever could. There's no independent judicial system, so "there's no law against that" will not necessarily work as a defence if the powers that be decide to punish you anyway. No press conference with inconvenient questions arising. If people think the punished party was an asshole anyways nobody will care about the technicality of no law being broken. However, an unspoken rule that people agree with, a "you just do not do that", that may easily turn the masses against you. If you're going over the speed limit in a situation where there was no danger whatsoever, you've broken the law yet you can assume that many people will be sympathetic. Tell the same people that you will not go to your mother's 75th birthday because there's this basketball game you'd like to watch on the telly, people's reactions may be different even though there is no law whatsoever compelling you to visit your mother.

Reactions: TheDevian

Osamabeenfappin

Nov 24, 2019
Yeah, it would have been better if said rule appeared earlier in game, not only mentioned but perhaps also shown (our lovely thief would have been a nice way to insert this info).

I'd argue that an "unspoken rule" carries way more weight in this environment than a law ever could. There's no independent judicial system, so "there's no law against that" will not necessarily work as a defence if the powers that be decide to punish you anyway. No press conference with inconvenient questions arising. If people think the punished party was an asshole anyways nobody will care about the technicality of no law being broken. However, an unspoken rule that people agree with, a "you just do not do that", that may easily turn the masses against you. If you're going over the speed limit in a situation where there was no danger whatsoever, you've broken the law yet you can assume that many people will be sympathetic. Tell the same people that you will not go to your mother's 75th birthday because there's this basketball game you'd like to watch on the telly, people's reactions may be different even though there is no law whatsoever compelling you to visit your mother.

Eh,at the end of day, its not breaking the 'rule' if you chuck her in an oubilette.
At the end of the day,The rule is stupid,its unenforcable,and any ruler with half a brain could figure out multitudes of ways around it.

Reactions: Raziel_8

JButcher

Jul 22, 2020
I like this game very much. Threewishes, if the author wants to consider them.

1) After getting into the harem, the characters turn into banal toys from a sex shop. They play no role in the plot. They don't even change their clothes, they don't change their location. Dolls. It's funny to say, but this game is the only game of its kind in which I don't want a girl to end up in a harem. Because it means that there is nothing more with her. I would be very happy if these characters were a little more involved in further events.

2) A harem and an army are practically unnecessary. No one will demand from the lord to make the concubine pregnant until the end of the year. The army only comes into action when the player wants it. There are very few events when you can get seriously hurt if there are not enough trained soldiers. No one steals slaves, no one attacks the laboratory ... In short, even if the queen demands the oath, she does not monitor its fulfillment. Therefore, it is enough to go to the raid several times to provide yourself with money, slaves and workers for almost the entire game.

3) The whole part with the neighbor seems kind of funny when the main character is already a lord. He has no plans to return to the wasteland. He killed people. Knows about the Horde ... At home, a harem awaits him. At the same time, he timidly touches the knee of a neighbor and wonders if they have not gone too far. ))) The neighbor, by the way, also hardly had any illusions after several months of slavery.

Thanks again for your work.

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
I mean the whole reason the MC went along with Tania in the first place was to rescue his sister. All this other stuff is basically just...frippery. Shit,thats not even getting into the fact that a creative MC could do a lot of fucked up shit to Tania,without breaking that so called 'rule'. Also notice its not a law...its a rule. And what are rules made to be?
And we still might have that option, once things have settled down.
I like this game very much. Threewishes, if the author wants to consider them.

1) After getting into the harem, the characters turn into banal toys from a sex shop. They play no role in the plot. They don't even change their clothes, they don't change their location. Dolls. It's funny to say, but this game is the only game of its kind in which I don't want a girl to end up in a harem. Because it means that there is nothing more with her. I would be very happy if these characters were a little more involved in further events.

2) A harem and an army are practically unnecessary. No one will demand from the lord to make the concubine pregnant until the end of the year. The army only comes into action when the player wants it. There are very few events when you can get seriously hurt if there are not enough trained soldiers. No one steals slaves, no one attacks the laboratory ... In short, even if the queen demands the oath, she does not monitor its fulfillment. Therefore, it is enough to go to the raid several times to provide yourself with money, slaves and workers for almost the entire game.

3) The whole part with the neighbor seems kind of funny when the main character is already a lord. He has no plans to return to the wasteland. He killed people. Knows about the Horde ... At home, a harem awaits him. At the same time, he timidly touches the knee of a neighbor and wonders if they have not gone too far. ))) The neighbor, by the way, also hardly had any illusions after several months of slavery.

Thanks again for your work.
1) I don't really disagree, it would be nice to see more with them.

2) The harem is needed, because every game needs one, and he should not need anyone to tell him to knock them up, that should just be instinctive! lol

The army is needed in a lot of situations, as you have a lot of enemies.

3) Not sure who you mean there, Jerry?

But yeah, who would want to go back to being a peon, when they have tasted power, especially if they are doing well running their domain.

Reactions: Osamabeenfappin

Raziel_8

Engaged Member
Dec 4, 2017
Eh,at the end of day, its not breaking the 'rule' if you chuck her in an oubilette.
At the end of the day,The rule is stupid,its unenforcable,and any ruler with half a brain could figure out multitudes of ways around it.
Yeah not like that rules or laws have much meaning for those in power, or want more power. U can't do something in the open, than it's cloak and dagger approach.
There are so many ways Taina could die, without the MC being blameable for anything...
-Like Ully as she poisoned the food/drinks (and here none gave fuck that women have died), would be a shame if someone trys to poisen the MC and they got Taina by accident.
-One of the Soldiers found out, that do to her betreyal, his friends or family died and so he seeks revenge. While he was killed, Taina succumbed to her injuries shortly after.
-An ''ambush'' of bandites/or rebellius slaves
-An assassination attempt on the MC's life, evidence points that it was orchestrated by Fu, Taina died heroically as she took a bullet, which was meant for the MC, in the subsequent firefight all of the assasins were killed.
At the very moving burial, infront the gathered citizens of Nord, the Lord swears, that he will bring Fu to justice...

Not to mention, even without breaking the rule, which she mocks MC about, u could easily make her life so miserable, that death would look like a mercy kill in comparison.

Last edited:

AlexTorch

Engaged Member
Jun 22, 2017
Man, i always liked this game, but after these last 2 updates, tania was complete lost to me, she don't have any remorse, she was just using the mc to "rule" the nord...i really hope that her story have any meaning, because at the moment, anyone is better than her, and i'm not just saying anyone from the harem, i'm saying anyone from the game, we have manipulative people, evil people, she is in middle of that, she said that she admire the mc, but she is lying, she even said that she don't regret what she have done, trying to kill the mc, how the fuck you try to kill someone that you admire? I wish we could put her in her place, away from the mc, in a jail to rot and never to be seen or talked again, because is what she deserves, she don't deserve being loved, like the other girls, she deserve being treated like trash, she don't deserve even being used by the mc at all. All the other girls love the mc for what he is, but she don't, she was capable of breaking one of the most important thing in every relationship, that is trust. For me she is not worthy even the "bad care", she is only worth to be forgotten.

TheCrimsonRevenger

Jul 13, 2017
So i'm curious, for those who let Pino and Danka marry....how's that turn out? She's no longer sexable? Or do you backstab Pino and cuck him? Does pino know and accept it or does it make him turn against you?

Reactions: Xlr271
3.60 star(s) 57 Votes