Raziel_8

Engaged Member
Dec 4, 2017
Well, they are not free, citizens are working in your labs, factories for you so they are like slaves in higher status.
Sounds oddly familiar, like having a job to make a living.

You can move from slave to citizen, citizen to slave and citizen to soldier like pawns on the chest board. If there would be any requirement for player to move people from slave to citizen than maybe it would differ. As far as I know, there cannot be a complete fredom in post apocalyptic settings lorewise.

In other case lets assume they become citizen through hard work and skill in time. They are still same person who saw their beloved ones killed, enslaved or raped by the troops of "Lord of the Nord" in the first place. In an oppurtunity to overthrow lord, why wold they stay loyal? Even our MC comes to city for that.
Theoretically as the lord u also have the entire district at ur disposal to recruit workers or military.
It's a simplified game mechanic, why make it overcomplicated, the game has not kingdom/city manager or grand strategy as the main focus. Requirements would not add anything positive for the gameplay.

Reactions: DeathAl

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
Well, yes (unless you inherit a lot). However, we have the option to specialize in what we like and take a job that is suitable (within the usual problems about availability). We need a job, yes, but we are not told to do specifically this job at the whims of our government (unless you live in North Korea, in which case: kudos for making it through the firewalls). You will not be shifted from bookkeeping to farming or the other way round by other people. Again of course, post apocalyptic scenarios will have their own rules. But already within our world there are people who think they should not have to work but be supported and are unhappy that things do not work our that way.

Of course this is pretty subjective but the impression that everybody likes you and will support you, while I share it to a degree, is not granted in such a scenario. And while the game mechanic may be simplified, the story can go either way.

Reactions: isotope

Lord Verminaard

Mar 14, 2018

Theoretically as the lord u also have the entire district at ur disposal to recruit workers or military.
It's a simplified game mechanic, why make it overcomplicated, the game has not kingdom/city manager or grand strategy as the main focus. Requirements would not add anything positive for the gameplay.
We are way out of track here but I will answer anyway and try to summerize. For the first part, you can select your job and you dont have any lord dictating your job. You can even select joblessness if you can face to its consequences. And in theory existence of a lord is directly contradicting with the freedom because a lord wields practically unlimited power over his subjects. Isnt the existance of choice seperate free people from slaves? While under a lord, you cant choose if he dont allow it.

For the second part, I am saying that the people I enslaved in the morning still slaves in the evening regardless I assigned them to farm, factory or army. For this reason MC cant expect this army to follow him in a civil war at the city, while horde wating out of the gates. So MC can't kill Taiana. For same reason, he cant risk to "dont show" Taiana to public too long because if noone see her, than they can declare her death and overthrow MC. So punishing Taiana must wait until MC destroys Dex and Fau-or whatever the name of eastern lord-.

About unspoken rule of city, it makes sense, lorewise. If you are lacking a resource, you cant waste it. So impregnating a woman forcefully and forcing her to give birth that child makes much more sense than simply killing her in term of punishment in that setting.

In general, I am just saying while evaluating a game, movie or a book, evaluation should be according to that world's rules.

Raziel_8

Engaged Member
Dec 4, 2017
Well, yes (unless you inherit a lot). However, we have the option to specialize in what we like and take a job that is suitable (within the usual problems about availability). We need a job, yes, but we are not told to do specifically this job at the whims of our government (unless you live in North Korea, in which case: kudos for making it through the firewalls). You will not be shifted from bookkeeping to farming or the other way round by other people. Again of course, post apocalyptic scenarios will have their own rules. But already within our world there are people who think they should not have to work but be supported and are unhappy that things do not work our that way.

Of course this is pretty subjective but the impression that everybody likes you and will support you, while I share it to a degree, is not granted in such a scenario. And while the game mechanic may be simplified, the story can go either way.
Yeah i'm quite happy that i'm not from North Korea.
True, but it is never said that these people are forced to work in the laboratories or as soldiers, for all we know they could have choosen to do so, or they are citizens which always lived in the city(never were slaves), maybe the work is paid better than most other jobs etc.
It honestly doesn't bother me in this game, of course u could add more lore, something like a moral system, like when u raid human settlements etc. but imo it would be a lot of work, which isn't really that important to the game.

Sure not everybody which likes u will always support u, thought good propaganda for the masses helps, but the same goes for Taina. I mean if she would be that influential wouldn't the citizens had supportet her against her uncle, he was described as a really bad ruler, which destroyed everything her father stood for, tried to rape etc. yet there was no coup not from the citizens nor the military.

Reactions: DeathAl

Famescua

Donor
Compressor
Aug 10, 2018
We are way out of track here but I will answer anyway and try to summerize. For the first part, you can select your job and you dont have any lord dictating your job. You can even select joblessness if you can face to its consequences. And in theory existence of a lord is directly contradicting with the freedom because a lord wields practically unlimited power over his subjects. Isnt the existance of choice seperate free people from slaves? While under a lord, you cant choose if he dont allow it.

For the second part, I am saying that the people I enslaved in the morning still slaves in the evening regardless I assigned them to farm, factory or army. For this reason MC cant expect this army to follow him in a civil war at the city, while horde wating out of the gates. So MC can't kill Taiana. For same reason, he cant risk to "dont show" Taiana to public too long because if noone see her, than they can declare her death and overthrow MC. So punishing Taiana must wait until MC destroys Dex and Fau-or whatever the name of eastern lord-.

About unspoken rule of city, it makes sense, lorewise. If you are lacking a resource, you cant waste it. So impregnating a woman forcefully and forcing her to give birth that child makes much more sense than simply killing her in term of punishment in that setting.

In general, I am just saying while evaluating a game, movie or a book, evaluation should be according to that world's rules.
Yeah but your logic doesn't add up when comes to Megan. If the mc had just killed her noone would have said anything. Heck he can still kill her and noone would say anything. The dev just threw that "rule" in there to save Taina and have a chance to redeem her. (I hope) The only reason the dev added that "unspoken rule" was as a plot point to keep Taina safe. In fact in every movie that is post apocalyptic I've ever seen the women aren't protected at all. They are property and can be dealt with as the one in charge likes. The only women that aren't property are the ones that have the skill to defend themselves.

Raziel_8

Engaged Member
Dec 4, 2017
I mean if u use that logic, these slave recruited soldiers would have no qualms about shooting at the own citizens, cause why would they care, it is the city which raids them regulary, kills, rapes and enslave them...
these soldiers surely wouldn't give a fuck about what happens to Taina, if they could kill scum like Fu they would be happy to do so.
Most likely they would support the MC, a fellow wastelander who lost his own people do to a raid, which want to change the city, on the other hand they would probably kill him if he trys to raid a human settlement.

Yeah i don't think Taina is that important to the citizens that they would revolt for her, even less if their live is already in danger do to the horde and they need a strong leader.

Sorry but no, this unspoken rule is just bs to give a reason not to kill Taina/Megan, even more so as Dex next words are let's kill the sleeping, the women and children...and i'm sure if Taina's plan would have been to poisen the queen, she would be dead.
In the first place, a unspoken rule is a more like a guidline of behavior and not law.
It would make sense to be more lenient with the method of punishment for women in general...well if u can call rape and living as a baby factory lenient...
But women are not that scare that there would be a reason to let the dangerous ones alive (political or otherwise).

Imo this update only made Taina even worse than she already was.
To be blunt, her little talk felt more like moking than anything else and i would really want the option to punch her in the face and throw her in the prison afterwards, keeping her in a position of power and in a position where she can easely plot against the MC is just stupid.
Even if the MC would need her alive (doubt) there is no reason not to torture her as a traitor, or she can watch Megan being raped by that fat friend of the MC and the soldiers, maybe she can share Megans fate.

Aioria619

Apr 23, 2017
So I finished it and Taina is even worse than before which I didn't think was even possible. She's essentially laughing to your face.

"I don't really regret what I did and guess what, you can't do anything to me so jokes on you" WTF?

Does the dev have some like "exploitation" fetish that he likes when women take advantage of him or something? I'm not even trying to be asshole but this entire Taina plotline is so ridiculous, that I honestly just don't get it.
rather I think it is the developer who is making fun of people, who wants the mc to do something and not be a beta mc, women in no apocalyptic world are more important than men, only in this game

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
I mean if u use that logic, these slave recruited soldiers would have no qualms about shooting at the own citizens, cause why would they care, it is the city which raids them regulary, kills, rapes and enslave them...
To be fair, slaves are not made into soldiers, only citizens. If you want a slave to be a soldier, you have to make them a citizen first...

JenusKudo

Aug 4, 2017
Not going to keep hammering on this, it is what it is, but I am gently amused at the dev crowbarring an extensive monologue into the latest update to justify Taina not facing any serious repercussions for her actions.

View attachment 1254618

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Well, we will be killing your lover fu and dex soon. Don't you worry. Then we will see how dev will save you

Majindevil

Nov 20, 2018
why dont we give taina simply to pino the poor guy just got danka snitchted away so i think that would be fair ;)
and damn this comes from someone who hates sharing content and avoids it at all cost... but damn the dev ruined her so much that i suddenly have no problem with the possibility to use her as a stress reliev for my army...

Last edited:

Lord Verminaard

Mar 14, 2018
Yeah but your logic doesn't add up when comes to Megan. If the mc had just killed her noone would have said anything. Heck he can still kill her and noone would say anything. The dev just threw that "rule" in there to save Taina and have a chance to redeem her. (I hope) The only reason the dev added that "unspoken rule" was as a plot point to keep Taina safe. In fact in every movie that is post apocalyptic I've ever seen the women aren't protected at all. They are property and can be dealt with as the one in charge likes. The only women that aren't property are the ones that have the skill to defend themselves.
First of all, Megan is not a from an important bloodline from the game, so she is not protected by anyone, still MC didnt kill her. Even after Taianas betrayal. So far, all the characters who died are male NPC's, so story is somewhat consistent at that point.

In every movie we seen in the cinemas, women we saw are indeed property, and they arent protected by any strict law, thats correct and dont contradicts to my words. But they are never been killed casually if they dont have skills to defend themselves. Because they are needed to repupolate, to be experiment on, simply please someone. Just name one movie in a post apocalyptic setting that a female characters have been killed casually and I will say okey.

Exactly. So far in the story Nord is the weakest part of the city. Even with the help of Western Lord, still they cant overpower the west. Thats why soldiers wont be MC's side at that point.

Most likely they would support the MC, a fellow wastelander who lost his own people do to a raid, which want to change the city, on the other hand they would probably kill him if he trys to raid a human settlement.
Nope. I don't know about you but generally people dont forgive a man because he is a fellow countryman after they suffered in the hand of him. If they had power to do so, they would. Wasteland is indeed "waste". They dont have resources (especially ) to stand aganist a party from the city.

even more so as Dex next words are let's kill the sleeping, the women and children...
They were mutants in case of you didnt notice, you cant contact a mutant without getting taint storywise. So they are not resources to use, they are just toxic materials.

It would make sense to be more lenient with the method of punishment for women in general...well if u can call rape and living as a baby factory lenient...
I didnt say it was lenient but it is reasonable if you think people as materials. I am just saying if you are lacking a material, you wont waste it anymore than necessary. Taiana or any women in the city is in the mercy of the lords, so just killing them is wasting a material. Besides while you can bestow a life full of rape, torture and humiliation upon someone why would you choose a quick death for punishment?

Imo this update only made Taina even worse than she already was.
To be blunt, her little talk felt more like moking than anything else and i would really want the option to punch her in the face and throw her in the prison afterwards, keeping her in a position of power and in a position where she can easely plot against the MC is just stupid.
That made me angry too, but I can understand it lorewise. Taiana feels she cant be killed without any severe consequence, so she tends to get cocky. It is almost normal given the case. I am agreeing that keeping her in a position to plot is just stupid. And I am not saying "You cant punish her" I am just saying in the game she is from a royal bloodline and a female in the post apocalyptic world, so you cant just kill her and give the impression of you killed Taiana to public.

3.60 star(s) 57 Votes