RandomGuy99

Nov 11, 2018
A spinoff. It will have Sara, Zel, and the LoI MC reappearing as the main antagonists. The main story will have a soft reboot once I finish this game.
I thought they are suppose be on the same team. its a bit difficult to support the spin off MC then since we most likely be on LOI MC side

Last edited:

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
Here's a WIP plot synopsis for Loose Ends (a Lord of Imagination spin-off):
You play as Luke Wheeler, a student in astrophysics and a millionaire by inheritance whose parents recently died in a car crash. That bit wouldn't have been too odd; people who deliver weapons to the mafia do tend to die in such accidents regardless of their precautions. But the thing that was odd was that the accident was meant to kill you, not your father. The only reason you survived was the superhuman intuition you developed, along with a couple of other powers.
People with powers like yours have recently started surfacing and dying in similarly sketchy manners. So you team with a few (really hot) women and a guy to exact justice on the perpetrator of the accident. Goals change, alliances shift and the motivations are not nearly as pure as they appear to be. Least of all, your own.
I won't doubt you for a second. The story telling was excellent after the initial hurdles on LoI (if you joined later on, that's probably when it really improved). Looking forward to this new story.

Reactions: Sihil

Deleted member 2412505

May 31, 2020
A spinoff. It will have Sara, Zel, and the LoI MC reappearing as the main antagonists. The main story will have a soft reboot once I finish this game.
Isn't LOI mc supposed to be a good guy? Not he's bad guy. Later he'll again be a good guy for the soft reboot? That's a bummer.
I really liked LOI and Mc seemed decent enough.

Reactions: MojoJoeJoe

Sihil

Game Developer
Sep 22, 2017
Isn't LOI mc supposed to be a good guy? Not he's bad guy. Later he'll again be a good guy for the soft reboot? That's a bummer.
I really liked LOI and Mc seemed decent enough.
yeah he's a good guy but the game takes place in the corruption path around the time where LoI (episode 8/9) by then the MC will be a lot more, well, corrupted

Deleted member 2412505

May 31, 2020
yeah he's a good guy but the game takes place in the corruption path around the time where LoI (episode 8/9) by then the MC will be a lot more, well, corrupted
Well I was hoping you would maybe finish the LoI first. Don't like cliffhanger. And this also would give a valid reason for mc being evil in corruption path when it's completed

Reactions: MojoJoeJoe

Sihil

Game Developer
Sep 22, 2017
so LOI ends in 10 Chapter?
Yes.
Well I was hoping you would maybe finish the LoI first. Don't like cliffhanger. And this also would give a valid reason for mc being evil in corruption path when it's completed
Well, it's not like I am enjoying leaving this game on hold. The truth is that at this point even if I had everything I need to finish LoI I still wouldn't do it because of the sheer damage Agentgames has done to the good will I built for over a year with Lord of Imagination. I'll give you an example: I don't know if you all remember this but before he posted the announcement, the Patreon page said Agentgames and Sihil are creating Lord of Imagination and then he went back and removed my name from the page almost completely even though all of the posts have been written by me. The whole way he has gone about it is so fucking childish and petty. Anyway, once I do make a comeback, I'd much rather have as much new content in the soft-reboot as possible to distance myself from him.
That being said, I think you guys will have fun piecing together what state the LoI MC is in in this game and how far he has fallen, so to speak.

RandomGuy99

Nov 11, 2018
Yes.

Well, it's not like I am enjoying leaving this game on hold. The truth is that at this point even if I had everything I need to finish LoI I still wouldn't do it because of the sheer damage Agentgames has done to the good will I built for over a year with Lord of Imagination. I'll give you an example: I don't know if you all remember this but before he posted the announcement, the Patreon page said Agentgames and Sihil are creating Lord of Imagination and then he went back and removed my name from the page almost completely even though all of the posts have been written by me. The whole way he has gone about it is so fucking childish and petty. Anyway, once I do make a comeback, I'd much rather have as much new content in the soft-reboot as possible to distance myself from him.
That being said, I think you guys will have fun piecing together what state the LoI MC is in in this game and how far he has fallen, so to speak.
If memory serve me right, there suppose be 5 ending for LoI. How many for this spin off?

Deleted member 2412505

May 31, 2020
That sucks.
But I don't think you'd face major hindarance if you come clean with the damage he did and complete LOI first (maybe the soft reboot one). You'd be surprised that people can be really understanding sometimes.
What I'm trying to say is that I'm a 'vanilla' guy that plays the good guy like many others. But if Mc becomes bad guy in another game it ruins the good guy impressed of him for me, you know what I'm saying?
But in the end it's your decision. And I'll respect that.

Sihil

Game Developer
Sep 22, 2017
If memory serve me right, there suppose be 5 ending for LoI. How many for this spin off?
3-4 is the plan for now, though they won't be as different as planned for LoI, basically, it will be a "bad" end, an end with the female lead and a harem end mainly.
Btw LoI will have fewer endings now that the NTR section is unlikely to be continued.
In general the game will be different from LoI. LoI is a VN and this game will be more of a sandbox with skill trees and such.
That sucks.
But I don't think you'd face major hindarance if you come clean with the damage he did and complete LOI first (maybe the soft reboot one). You'd be surprised that people can be really understanding sometimes.
What I'm trying to say is that I'm a 'vanilla' guy that plays the good guy like many others. But if Mc becomes bad guy in another game it ruins the good guy impressed of him for me, you know what I'm saying?
But in the end it's your decision. And I'll respect that.
I get what you're saying but I'd still rather take my time with LoI, I always wanted to do a rewrite of the earlier chapters and this'll give me the time to do so.
I see your point but the LoI MC from the good guy ending will be a vastly different person from the MC for the corruption ending despite the common traits they share. I'd say, just wait and see if you like the concept because I think it'll work well.

Rinbael

Sep 7, 2018
this game will be more of a sandbox with skill trees and such.
Sihil It's your game and I don't want to tell you what to do but you might want to think on that a bit more. Since it's your first game and you are doing all the coding, rendering and writing yourself that's already a lot to learn and do for a first time developer add in a sandbox and it might be too much but it's your game and your choice.

Deleted member 2412505

May 31, 2020
Sihil - most of us dont recommend sandbox because is harder too do and takes longer. Most sandbox games ends in abandoned. We dont want a repeat in LoI. Reconsider it. Maybe do a sandbox for LoI 2 or something but not now when you're new to this
Seconded.
I think sandbox is a lot of work for dev and for us also.
You can also make skill tree and such with lots of choices.

HansDampf788

Dec 31, 2018
3-4 is the plan for now, though they won't be as different as planned for LoI, basically, it will be a "bad" end, an end with the female lead and a harem end mainly.
Btw LoI will have fewer endings now that the NTR section is unlikely to be continued.
In general the game will be different from LoI. LoI is a VN and this game will be more of a sandbox with skill trees and such.

I get what you're saying but I'd still rather take my time with LoI, I always wanted to do a rewrite of the earlier chapters and this'll give me the time to do so.
I see your point but the LoI MC from the good guy ending will be a vastly different person from the MC for the corruption ending despite the common traits they share. I'd say, just wait and see if you like the concept because I think it'll work well.
The only good think I see in your last few posts is that you don't continue the NTR paths, everything else like making the MC of LoI the bad guy in the new game and the new game having a sandbox and skill trees only reduces my interest in both games.

Draguh

Nov 20, 2019
The game being a sandbox and having skill trees? Nah, bad idea in the long run, you tire yourself out fast and not enjoy the development process of it... Stick with a linear VN story for now. Try the sandboxish stuff later in another game when you have more experience...

Sihil

Game Developer
Sep 22, 2017
Wow, you guys really don't like the idea.
I should clarify a few things.
1. The LoI MC wouldn't be a direct antagonist, that'd largely be Zel, in fact, the LoI MC won't be there for more than a total of three scenes. I'm too far ahead in the script to make any changes in this regard.
2. The game wouldn't have worked as a VN, I've thought about it for a long time and the story wouldn't fit.
3. The game wouldn't get abandoned
4. It'll be pretty short. A bit similar to the battle of bulges but with way fewer characters and instead of the threat of another guy fucking the girls, you'd have the threat of Zel trying to kill you and the girls to contend with.
4. I wouldn't be doing the coding, it'll either be Rich or some other guy I'll hire. It'll probably be Rich. I'd get his opinion on the topic and see if the sandbox is feasible or not. If not, I'd begrudgingly turn the game into a VN.
5. The skill tree won't be huge, in fact, it'd be minimal but it'll be interesting. Same goes for the sandbox, it'll be comparable to the sandbox in pervert action: timelapse by BBBen.
Worst case scenerio, I overreach and cut a few features down to stay on the deadline. If it turns out to be a bad game, it won't be for the lack of trying. Although, I've no reason so far to think that it will. The proofreader that has reviewed the script so far likes it and is curious to see more of it. I'd say wait for the first build to come out and tell me what you think then; if it doesn't work then I'll make the necessary changes.

Jose66642

Apr 7, 2021
If the MC went throug the corruption path on LoI, does that mean he actually was able to controll his landlady and his sister??? also, the campion of the other god was the dead sister od the Mc???

Dark Wolf7

Jun 1, 2018
Wow, you guys really don't like the idea.
I should clarify a few things.
1. The LoI MC wouldn't be a direct antagonist, that'd largely be Zel, in fact, the LoI MC won't be there for more than a total of three scenes. I'm too far ahead in the script to make any changes in this regard.
2. The game wouldn't have worked as a VN, I've thought about it for a long time and the story wouldn't fit.
3. The game wouldn't get abandoned
4. It'll be pretty short. A bit similar to the battle of bulges but with way fewer characters and instead of the threat of another guy fucking the girls, you'd have the threat of Zel trying to kill you and the girls to contend with.
4. I wouldn't be doing the coding, it'll either be Rich or some other guy I'll hire. It'll probably be Rich. I'd get his opinion on the topic and see if the sandbox is feasible or not. If not, I'd begrudgingly turn the game into a VN.
5. The skill tree won't be huge, in fact, it'd be minimal but it'll be interesting. Same goes for the sandbox, it'll be comparable to the sandbox in pervert action: timelapse by BBBen.
Worst case scenerio, I overreach and cut a few features down to stay on the deadline. If it turns out to be a bad game, it won't be for the lack of trying. Although, I've no reason so far to think that it will. The proofreader that has reviewed the script so far likes it and is curious to see more of it. I'd say wait for the first build to come out and tell me what you think then; if it doesn't work then I'll make the necessary changes.
Thanks for clarifying things. I wish you very GOOD LUCK. I can't wait for your next game after finishing LoI.

4.10 star(s) 33 Votes