RobNorthman

Jun 20, 2017
I've been playing a no kill/no backing down against carl route of the game, but all of a sudden it seems as if i've gotten thrown into the NTR route and the game is making references things that never happened in my route.

Sihil

Game Developer
Sep 22, 2017
I've been playing a no kill/no backing down against carl route of the game, but all of a sudden it seems as if i've gotten thrown into the NTR route and the game is making references things that never happened in my route.
That shouldn't happen. Could you send the screenshots?

RobNorthman

Jun 20, 2017
That shouldn't happen. Could you send the screenshots?
Not sure what screenshots you want?

Best I can tell it happens from the transition between 3.0 and 3.2, I return home from the date at the gallery with Dr. Matthews, Speak to Ashley before her date with Alex.
Transition to Sara getting drunk at night saying she messed up the Interview, flashback to Interview where Sara enters in a slutty dress, meeting Gabriel who says she's unqualified which confused me because she should have the fake papers I ordered made for her. Gabriel demands a BJ and she refuses, another confusing situation since I made it clear to Carl that anyone who came after my loved ones would be put down.
Next scene I'm awoken by Zel saying I need to use my powers against Carl now or he will kill us all, transition to office where I meet gabriel who says carl is out dealing with a senator which again confused me because I sent carl to china, then I ask gabe what happened to Olivia in some room which hinted at NTR stuff, but that never happened in my playthrough where she was sent to a legitimate firm rather than a mafia one.

Sihil

Game Developer
Sep 22, 2017
Not sure what screenshots you want?

Best I can tell it happens from the transition between 3.0 and 3.2, I return home from the date at the gallery with Dr. Matthews, Speak to Ashley before her date with Alex.
Transition to Sara getting drunk at night saying she messed up the Interview, flashback to Interview where Sara enters in a slutty dress, meeting Gabriel who says she's unqualified which confused me because she should have the fake papers I ordered made for her. Gabriel demands a BJ and she refuses, another confusing situation since I made it clear to Carl that anyone who came after my loved ones would be put down.
Next scene I'm awoken by Zel saying I need to use my powers against Carl now or he will kill us all, transition to office where I meet gabriel who says carl is out dealing with a senator which again confused me because I sent carl to china, then I ask gabe what happened to Olivia in some room which hinted at NTR stuff, but that never happened in my playthrough where she was sent to a legitimate firm rather than a mafia one.
Oh yes, I should have asked for the save file.
There's a problem in the code, if you do good deeds you don't get the "will" points. It will be fixed in the overhaul that's going to happen soon.

RobNorthman

Jun 20, 2017
Oh yes, I should have asked for the save file.
There's a problem in the code, if you do good deeds you don't get the "will" points. It will be fixed in the overhaul that's going to happen soon.
I'll wait for the overhaul then, here's the save file if it's any use.

Reactions: Sihil

Rich

Old Fart
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 25, 2017
Just a quick status update. It's been a bit of a road, but the "overhaul" is nearly complete. I don't mean to disparage anyone else's work (Lord knows I've turned out some crap programming over the years) but suffice it to say that most of the issues in the 3.2 release were the result of, how shall I say it politely... "the foundation on which it was built?"

So, the "overhaul" includes:
  • A somewhat "freshened" user interface. Tried to make it look a bit less "vanilla out-of-the-box Ren'py". If you like it, great. If you hate it, well, sorry - the complaint department is two windows down. Open the fifth Thursday of alternate months from 5:00 to 5:03 am.
  • Complete revamping of all the statistics tracking in the game so that decisions the player makes are consistently reflected into the variables, so that, in turn, the correct branches are taken later on. ("So, exactly how many times did he use DarkLight on Olivia?")
  • Full tracking of every choice that the player makes through the game so that, again, subsequent episodes will be able to reflect previous decisions accurately.
  • Full review of every line of the text in the game, including:
    • Trying to correct random issues with tense, grammar, punctuation, etc. that slipped through the proofreaders. (That isn't to say that some haven't escaped my eye, but hopefully they're now few and far between.)
    • Making sure that, ahem, the way that characters, um, refer to one another, address one another and discuss their mutual history is self-consistent in... "all game versions," shall we say? Wink, wink, nudge, nudge, say no more?
All that being said, I have to warn you in advance that there is a save break involved. There was just no way to make your existing saves work, given some of the issues with the... "old foundation." Apologies. So, you'll be forced to start new games, and have to suffer through re-watching all those lovely renders that Sznuk turned out and re-reading all Sihil's dialog. (It's a cushy job, but somebody's got to do it...) Unless I've screwed up badly, this won't happen again. Really. Pinky-promise!

Anyway, no precise date for the release of the overhauled version as yet, but it's not at all far off...

Jstforme

Dec 20, 2019
Oh my someone has a opinion.
In this world there are 7.5 billion people and guess what they each have unique personalities with some not liking smoking.
Who cares? Maybe respect other people’s choice to smoke, instead of letting something so trivial trigger you. (Not you specifically, but in general...you understand)

Reactions: dobzzz

Catwashere

Futa lover!
Donor
Jan 28, 2018
Yeah, a gallery would be added soon. As for the endings, this is the number that I feel fits right. The more variables we add the more endings there will inevitably be so there's not much that can be changed here. As for feeling "meh" that would be dependent on my skill as a writer rather than however many endings we have.

Oops, seems even the proofreaders missed that. We'll get it fixed.

The idea was that a few girls would be available on one path and others on the other one was appealing to me at first but right now, I don't know if I will able to flesh them all out and still be able to move the story forward on top of developing relationships with the primary characters.

Afraid so. And yes, it is avoidable.

I would recommend waiting. The saves would likely be useless with the overhaul anyway.

The typos and Engrish get fixed as soon as the proofreaders find them. Some still slip through the cracks but they eventually get pointed out here. Multiple people have noted that the scene transitions are jarring so we'll fix those as well, hopefully in the next update.
As for incest being forced, it is necessary for the reasons that will later be revealed in the game. And when Zel calls anyone else frigid, well, she's more corrupt than most people so most people would appear frigid to her. Just like most people would appear poor to Bill Gates. Olivia had her limits as any healthy person would but Zel doesn't so yeah, that's what makes her appear frigid to Zel. It's also important to note that Zel wants MC to use his powers so she also has an ulterior motive here.
That being said, if I have to explain the characters and their decisions it means I did a poor job in the game, for you at least.
Regarding the lack of choices though, the more choices we add, the less cohesive MC's personality gets. I still want the MC to have some personality so we're going the option of giving fewer, better fleshed-out choices.

The reasons why we "sold out" were multiple and you'll find all of them here itself. I had a long discussion with a user here and my plan with Carl was to make him a mentor figure and he rightly pointed out that the non-NTR players would never grow to like him if he intended to rape Sara in the very first episode. Another reason was the fact that someone was threatening to report the game for rape unless we remove NTR so we decided to remove the most obvious example of rape in the game instead of removing NTR.
Lastly, the scene has not simply been deleted. It will eventually be used later in the game should you make the necessary choices.
I just hope that the rape can still be avoided when you add it later in the game even if people make certain choices.

Catwashere

Futa lover!
Donor
Jan 28, 2018
I really like this game's story. Carl and Zelphryna are so goddamn untrustworthy that it is almost funny.
James is heads deep into a mess with those two always manipulating him. Before via darklight to make it look like he was schizophrenic and now by always directing his actions to the results either Carl or Zelphryna desire. Like how Zel doesn't want Carl in jail so she likely betrayed James's plan to him.:LOL:(y)

And now i admit that was one great cliffhanger with the apparison of the God of Death, Thainendra. I sure wasn't expecting the old man to be him. Now i wonder what he will promise James to try making him change sides.

By the way interesting to see that Ashley is going around with her girlfriend playing Harley Quinn against the mafia goons. Can't rally blame her there. :unsure:

I agree with most of what you said. But considering how manipulative Zelphryna is I wouldn't be surprised if she knows that to be true (Ellie as the Lightbringer) but is simply hiding it from James so that he won't falter and mess with her plans.
I did not see Ashley and Alex attacking the mafia, how do you see that?

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
I did not see Ashley and Alex attacking the mafia, how do you see that?
I would wait till hopefully at end of the month the version that is completely overhauled for the coding will be released (see page before for a post of the dev working on that). You will have to replay it anyway after that and your results may well make way more sense by then. :)

Sihil

Game Developer
Sep 22, 2017
I just hope that the rape can still be avoided when you add it later in the game even if people make certain choices.
Depends on the choices you make. There will be three variables that decide the path that the player's on: Will, how moral MC is when it comes to non-sexual decisions and how moral he is when it comes to his sexual decisions. Non-consensual sex will only be a possibility if MC's decisions in both sexual and non-sexual contexts are immoral and his will is high enough to not fall into the NTR path. If you're making only evil choices then those kind of scenes might turn out to be unavoidable.

Reactions: DA22
4.10 star(s) 33 Votes