Baal7734

Game Developer
Sep 21, 2016
I never understood how some devs can do that. When I was working on my mod I always found that I needed to do a lot more renders as I was writing the dialog and the code for the events. I don't think I could ever get to the point where I know well enough which renders I want to do those first, then write the dialog, then the code (or any other order where you're doing all of 1, then all of the next, etc). Would certainly make things easier if I could so kudos if you found a way to make it work :)

My usual method was:

1. Write the dialog without any of the code and without any renders
2. Run through the dialog and do the renders as I go
3. Write the code, rewriting all of the dialog as I go and adding any additional renders I feel are needed as I test

In any case, looking forward to the next version.
I tried that early on, but the issue I ran into was there are some things you can imagine in your head, that just don't look right when rendering, so I ended up having to rewrite a lot of scenes, and eventually I just started rendering scenes first, and writing shorthand dialogue as I went. Since I had a general idea of where I want the scene to go beforehand, it's pretty easy.

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
I tried that early on, but the issue I ran into was there are some things you can imagine in your head, that just don't look right when rendering, so I ended up having to rewrite a lot of scenes, and eventually I just started rendering scenes first, and writing shorthand dialogue as I went. Since I had a general idea of where I want the scene to go beforehand, it's pretty easy.
Yeah I've definitely run into that issue. I'll think of the way I want a scene to look and when I get to the actual renders it just doesn't look right so I have to change it.

DragonFire

Jul 30, 2017
Possible Richard AT conversion scene. (Black man is Richard).
:KEK:
They are BOTH black men in that clip.. Ice-T is a legendary black Rapper, just because his skin is lighter than the other doesn't make him less "black" ;)
Listen to some Body Count, Cop Killer album, and you won't be in doubt ;)
This one might make your day?

(Edit: Gotta love this quote from that song: If You're from Mars and ya got a pussy, we will Fuck It!) :p

Last edited:

smkey21

Nov 15, 2017
Man... I just realized I had to replace my HD that would have had save data for this game on it. Looks like I will get to try out the game and its QoL stuff from scratch once the update releases. Other than that, I was just going to say that I'm liking the look of the preview renders.

Reactions: Cipher

scarfer

Nov 4, 2017
Has anyone managed to figure a workaround so you can change the window size when in windowed mode?

Cipher

Apr 22, 2017
Has anyone managed to figure a workaround so you can change the window size when in windowed mode?
The dev put out a resizable version of the game that just lets you resize as you see fit
Try downloading that, i feel it will solve all of your issues
You can find it on the dev's patreon page here

sanju

Jul 28, 2017
You do know that this Developer is making 2 quality games at the same time right? Also that his part of the world was hit by a freaking snowstorm which normally won't happen in that area, so the whole state were unprepared for the frost effect.
My main game got affected by this as well, a huge Billion Dollar game company had to delay a patch upload for 2 weeks, due to unstable power grids.
Read the news if you want to learn more.. Mother nature decided to show her strength again...

You should be on your knees thanking what ever deity you pray to, that this Dev is alive and well and still working on his awesome games! Better yet, donate to his cause.. because I'm suspecting you're a freeloader for this and hence can't really complain about delayed uploads ;)

I've been waiting a long time to continue this game as well, but ain't complaining, the wait is usually well worth it :D

Personal note for Baal7734: Stay save and don't stress anything mate, have a rum toddy or whatever warms ya feet, your true fans are a patient bunch ;) (Within reason of course, ya get my drift) :p:coffee:
DONT BARK ,I HAVE MEGA SBSCRIPTION OF ONE YEAR. I HAVE WASTED SO MUCH BEING A PATREON IN PAST

Fedora Man

Jun 19, 2017
I want to like this game, I really do, but my GOD the grind. I like SuperPowered, and having played it I was expecting some grind from Baal, but this felt like an order of magnitude higher. Even using Cheat Engine, it took me something like 16 hours to see (nearly) all of the content currently in, and most of that was grinding through the actions to raise skills to unlock later skills to raise traits. That's not 16 hours of gameplay, that's more like 6 hours of gameplay and 10 hours of filler - 6 hours of gameplay, especially on a v0.4 is still really impressive, please don't get me wrong, but it became a matter of my stubbornness to see the content rather than particularly enjoying the game.

A big part of the time I had to spend was working out variables in Cheat Engine, so if it's of any use to anyone else, here's the Cheat Table I ended up with. It's by no means complete (the full list of skills multiplied by the number of characters is truly staggering, hats off to Baal for what must be a monumental bookkeeping task), but it's at least a start and should cut down the grind time drastically.

I don't know exactly how Unity in general or Loser in specific handle table updates, so I was careful not to cheat values up to or past their target. For instance, if I was cheating Gina's Romance, I would use Cheat Engine to raise it to 98, then I would talk to her as normal using a Romance-tagged topic so that the last 2 points would happen as the game expected and would (hopefully) not cause issues. Same with raising PC skills, I noticed that even if I raised a skill to the next level directly I wouldn't get the pop-up notification until the next time I gained points in that skill, so I started cheating to just under the threshold and getting the last points through normal gameplay.

I have no plans to maintain or update this Cheat Table; this isn't the start of a Cheat Mod, this is just me putting most of the values I found useful out there for anyone else. If anyone's curious, though, I could probably be persuaded to write a short tutorial on using Cheat Engine to discover and add variables. I figured it out on my own since I didn't find any particularly good tutorials in my brief Googling - and if I figured it out, an epileptic monkey could do it - but evidently I'm in a generous mood today.

Reactions: Ondodoher

Squark ⚧❤️

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 16, 2017
A heck of a lot
The thing is, Loser is still early days yet - and it's not 0.4 but rather 0.04 which makes the amount of content already there the more impressive. The grind is real, yes - that much I agree with. I strongly advise against using Helper Engine with this game (try saveeditonline instead if you must).
I will admit that I didn't originally have much time for Becky's character but ironically, she's grown on me.

HEY MODS:
Why isn't there a "Default" option in the Text Size dropdown?

Baal7734, I love how organic you've made the AT system feel. Please don't change that. I don't know if you made anything before Superpowered (yes, I do know about the RAGS version) but this actually FEELS like step in the right direction - in my opinion, of course.

Last edited:

wizyy

Nov 24, 2017
I just resubbed to Baal7734's Patreon page, it's one of the very few devs that I know of that is active here, hard-working and completely honest about his work.
I'm not interested at all in Superpowered (don't like mind control games) and I know this one is free on his Patreon page even without the sub so far, but I feel the need to support such an awesome dev and I hope those who read these lines will do it as well IF THEY CAN.
So many devs here are milking their customers HARD and have many more subs - it's not even funny anymore. Baal7734 is not one of them.

OGRey

Jul 7, 2018
*I just resubbed to Baal7734's Patreon page, it's one of the very few devs that I know of that is active here, hard-working and completely honest about his work.
Yea, he is one real honest hard-working man, not a casual "milker boy" :)

I'm really hoping that one day he will just do Loser.:rolleyes:

(don't like mind control games)
I also do not like mind control games. They feel like i just fucking girls body. But in Loser we are both fucking their body and mind(corruption).

Squark ⚧❤️

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 16, 2017
I also do not like mind control games. They feel like i just fucking girls body. But in Loser we are both fucking their body and mind(corruption).
Allie, though. I love Nerdy Girls. Terri's cute, but Allie is more my speed.

Last edited:
Reactions: fanof4
Aug 3, 2020
He's fine, but he's still working to finish up the update. Just did a Superpowered stream last night. I'd wager an update would be within the next 2-5 days, but since he keeps % left to complete to himself, I could be off by a few days. There will be bugs to iron out once it does release, so a mostly bug free version might be a few more days after that.

3.00 star(s) 115 Votes