Baal7734

Game Developer
Sep 21, 2016
I feel like my exasperation with Jessequest got kind of melded into a sea of weird negativity with brother fuckergate.

Brother Fucker rhymes with Mother Fucker. It's a good name for an incest oriented AT.

Personally the only thing NTR related that kills my boner is for the perspective character to be humiliated or shamed. That doesn't even necessarily have anything to do with whether other men have sex with "his women". I don't enjoy scenes where the MC is bullied, harrassed, or made to feel weak or powerless. Orgasm denial makes my pud sad, when a girl teases the MC's cock and leaves him unfulfilled I end up feeling the secondhand frustration.

Sharing is caring, especially if it's sharing your hot sister's tight cunt with dear old dad.

My favorite sister AT is still Cool Sister. If my cock was the one writing this game, there would be an AT branch that pushed her further down that path. Reckless Sister that forgets to lock her door at night when she comes home drunk -> "The Duddette" that just accepts anything that comes her way.

---

I think the core idea is interesting, but...

The puzzle of conversation topics is overly fiddly. The fact that there multiple keywords that map to the same stat, but don't necessarily always overlap. 6 ban keywords, 6 like keywords, 4 keywords for the 2 secondary interests your trying to put onto the character... it's too much to keep track of mentally. And that's just for 1 character.

I take a screenshot of the character's profile and open it up in another window, and the process of digging through the inventory, reading the keywords on all your topics and then looking back the AT to try to find a triangular match that will allow you raise your target keyword... it's not fun. It's not challenging in an interesting or strategic way. That's why people just give up and spam Cum Chokers.

The new search function does help a tiny bit, but you have to find a transient topic that has the keyword you want to initiate a search, so 9 times out of 10 that's the only the one that meets the criteria anyway.

We have an inventory limit, and then we have the hotbar system on top of that. 2 layers of inventory management puzzle.

Having a tooltips in the inventory to tell you how people would react to a conversation option would really help. Put a little portrait box in the corner of the inventory that lets the player select a target. I imagine you might want a mechanic like that gated to a skill or stat, but if so don't make it something "endgame". It could be on smarts 1, maybe smarts 2. (or maybe a "mind palace" skill that levels every time you burn a topic for xp.)

The gameplay loop of constantly refilling your hotbar, finding that you hit one of her bans. Reloading to reconfigure the bar... and click spamming through other scenes to get back where you were...

We have the ability to save bar loadouts... but then we have a secondary item hotbar that you have load items into so that they
can be loaded into the main hotbar. You also have to leave space so that they can be taken out. 3 levels of inventory management.

Please just let us access inventory anywhere (even in the middle of conversation).

The core gameplay loop is of collecting topics that you need would still remain.
I have had this conversation many times, so I've crystalized my arguement pretty well. There are only two real elements of strategy in this game. The first is character development. What is the most effecient method of becoming the most effecient character...i.e. How do I get the xp, in what order. That strategy element dies off once your character has enough xp under thier belt. The other strategy element in the game is PLANNING YOUR HOTBAR. I will not remove the only consistent strategy element because you won't open up the characters screen and plan what topics you want to take with you. There's more to the core gameplay than just getting topics. You also need to plan how/when to use said topics. If it was just getting topics then the core gameplay would purely be "Grind actions for topics." And that's fucking lame. There will be select few locations to access your inventory, because limiting your topics to your hotbar, makes using those topics actually matter more. You can't go to the Friday night party and chat up everyone there. There aren't enough topic slots. Which forces choice. Who do you chat up, if any. This will become even more strategic once there are more locations and character interactions downtown, and elsewhere where it costs time and resources to travel to. Giving permanant access to your inventory completely removes that, and that's why I will NEVER give access to the inventory wherever you want. It will always be limited to select locations. Currently your room and the bathroom.

Baal7734

Game Developer
Sep 21, 2016
It sounds like he's at a similar point of progress that I am with Jesse.
Did the thing with Charlie where Nathan doesn't cum. Go to the bathroom to run into Jesse. x5
That enables talking to Jesse in the living room.
But icon to promote new interests isn't there.
And I haven't seen an icon for her room yet.

Edit:
I have noticed that the 2nd time I did Netpix with CF Charlie the scene changed a bit. Progressed further.
Was about to test doing that a few more times.
It may be 18:00
Whichever timeframe is the last hour she's in her room.

EmperorGus

Oct 11, 2020
Wait she's unlocked but her bedroom isn't? Did you use a save editor, cause the scene that unlocks her, also unlocks her bedroom.
No save editor. On a fresh run. No cheats.
Did the bathroom scene 5 times. Only thing it enabled was talking to Jesse on the couch.
No button for bedroom. No button to promote her secondary interests. Etc.

edit:
Dunno if it would matter. But the save I'm working with was started on 6.00, then continued when you put out 6.01.

Baal7734

Game Developer
Sep 21, 2016
No save editor. On a fresh run. No cheats.
Did the bathroom scene 5 times. Only thing it enabled was talking to Jesse on the couch.
No button for bedroom. No button to promote her secondary interests. Etc.
Ok...I'll look into this. Somethings off.

tam12345

Apr 29, 2017
hm, the promote button seems to have suddenly disappeared with Diane on fresh game. She is currently the immediagram mother, but no option to swift to cosmo or above, even though the options are now at 100%. In fact, only AT showing up is Health Nut (going backwards).

Do I need to get her followers up to a certain number as well for the button to show up again to set secondaries?

EmperorGus

Oct 11, 2020
hm, the promote button seems to have suddenly disappeared with Diane on fresh game. She is currently the immediagram mother, but no option to swift to cosmo or above, even though the options are now at 100%. In fact, only AT showing up is Health Nut (going backwards).

Do I need to get her followers up to a certain number as well for the button to show up again to set secondaries?
Immediagram Mother is the start of a 2nd route. It currently dead ends there.
You have to go back to Health Nut, then up to Cosmopolitan.

Baal7734

Game Developer
Sep 21, 2016

That's an alternate route that a high teir patron paid for, and then changed focus to another character, and since it's not part of the dev path I was working on, it's currently a dead end. I'll get back to it once the current chain of AT's I'm on is finished. It was also my test to having multiple AT paths. Test was successful. :)

Baal7734

Game Developer
Sep 21, 2016
Here's a hotfix. I'll be uploading 0.06.02 over the next few hours, with the full fix, but if Charlie is Casual Fling AT. This'll unlock Jesse's Room. Don't bother using the hotfix if Charlie isn't Casual Fling AT. It won't work. unzip that file into Loser_Data/Managed

Tom7902000

Mar 24, 2017
Gina cant further change to sister with benefit, her toxic can't over 45 and no bottum to change also.
Another problem is Mom isn't willing go to bar at Monday

Squark ⚧❤️

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 16, 2017
guys, give a full save and explain where to put it. I didn't understand how to play. I think I'm stupid
As there are many branching paths and no gallery, a full save wouldn't help.
For Diane's first AT, you need to:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
In the beginning it takes a long time to get any interest to 100% but you get passive skill bonuses to help with that.
Concentration, Communication and Demonstration will quickly become your best friends. These will give you a +1 to their linked skills. Concentration for Mental Skills, Communication for Social skills and Demonstration for Physical skills.
New skills don't show up until they hit 50 points so just keep at it.

Once you get the hang of using topics this way, the rest of the game should be accessible enough.

Reactions: EmperorGus

EmperorGus

Oct 11, 2020
For the Social Media topic, there aren't that many ways of getting it short of either talking with Becky but that doesn't always turn it up. In your room, there should be a "Post about your day" button. This is probably the most effective means of getting a transient Social Media topic. It burns out after one use but later on you get Permanent topics.
A good post, Squark.
But, a correction.
Social media is also from the Mobile Game in the living room. And you should be doing that often to get Video Games xp to unlock the Live Streaming job.

At Video Games 2, the once a day limit is lifted on gaming. That makes the Mobile Game in the living room the most efficient way to gain Focus.
Soon after that you're swimming in Social Media tag.

Last edited:
Reactions: Squark ⚧❤️

derede

Jan 10, 2018
I am trying to get new RM Diane spoiler scene Baal posted but no luck. I tried Baal suggestion post too about Diane scenes. Is there a hidden trigger mechanism or something? Like she needs 15 dom or 100 lust to trigger the scene.

Sanders2100

Aug 9, 2019
Here's a hotfix. I'll be uploading 0.06.02 over the next few hours, with the full fix, but if Charlie is Casual Fling AT. This'll unlock Jesse's Room. Don't bother using the hotfix if Charlie isn't Casual Fling AT. It won't work. unzip that file into Loser_Data/Managed
and here i was thinking i just missing something obvious. thanks Baal.

3.00 star(s) 112 Votes