EmperorGus

Oct 11, 2020
so are the pills bugged? I have them equipped via wardrobe but the interface acts as if I don't have them when I try to use them.
Just to be sure...
When you say 'equipped via wardrobe' did you mean they're in the wardrobe or you moved a couple down to the equipment bar below the inventory window?

In the pic above, any actions that used blue or pink pill could be done. But not red pill.

H_NGM_N666

Nov 25, 2020
The prison scene explains why he is essentially a 0 stat character at the age of 18. His most developmental years going into adulthood were in juvenile detention. The story evolves as the characters transform, because it's not one story. Each character has thier own story going on, and you the player get to influence them. Granted there are few choices in that respect to be made so far, but that will be changing soon once more AT branches are made available.

As for missing scenes, I like to reward exploration and experimentation. Can't have one without the other.
It seems that there is no middle way, you love this game or you hate it. Fuck, i think i must play a little more. But the hotbar annoys me really like hell, i just can´t just focus on 1 person at time. Maybe a break does me good :)

memelman

Nov 18, 2017
It seems that there is no middle way, you love this game or you hate it. Fuck, i think i must play a little more. But the hotbar annoys me really like hell, i just can´t just focus on 1 person at time. Maybe a break does me good :)
Like others have said, I would strongly recommend focusing on just 1 character at a time. That will eliminate the need to switch hotbars constantly, as you can usually get by with 1 hotbar per character per AT.

You don't need to worry about trying to maximize the efficiency of each in-game day. There are not currently any mechanics that penalize you for passing too much time, at least not that I am aware of. You will spend less time progressing through each AT if you are in a mindset of trying to maximize your efficiency in terms of reducing the number of mouse clicks and scene transitions you need per interest exp gain for your target.

In many cases it makes more sense to skip time repeatedly until the times of day you need to do something to either farm topics or raise the interest exp for the character you are targeting, rather than trying to find something else you can do during those times you don't have anything productive to do for the character you are focusing on.

EmperorGus

Oct 11, 2020
Like others have said, I would strongly recommend focusing on just 1 character at a time. That will eliminate the need to switch hotbars constantly, as you can usually get by with 1 hotbar per character per AT.

You don't need to worry about trying to maximize the efficiency of each in-game day. There are not currently any mechanics that penalize you for passing too much time, at least not that I am aware of. You will spend less time progressing through each AT if you are in a mindset of trying to maximize your efficiency in terms of reducing the number of mouse clicks and scene transitions you need per interest exp gain for your target.

In many cases it makes more sense to skip time repeatedly until the times of day you need to do something to either farm topics or raise the interest exp for the character you are targeting, rather than trying to find something else you can do during those times you don't have anything productive to do for the character you are focusing on.
Everyone has their own approach. None of them are wrong. Just a matter of preference.
With that said... I do it very differently.

At the start of a fresh run, I mostly ignore people and focus heavily on improving a few of Nathan's key skills.
Video Games, Trivia, Charisma, and to a lesser extent, Fitness.
During this time I also keep all rooms of the house very clean (it helps build relationship points, which you need to beg money from other folks in the house)

Then I start juggling everyone at once, advancing them pretty evenly. Because there's a fair amount of cross-connects in topics. Becky gives topics you can use with Dick, Gina gives topics you can use with Charlie, that sort of thing.
If you focus on one at a time and advance them too far ahead, their topics change and are no longer useful with other folks.

After that, it's a matter of planning each day when Nat wakes up.
Decide which skills I want to work, which people I'm going to talk to that day (I know there schedules fairly well by that point).
Load up the hotbar for the first part of the day, then go about my schedule.
There's usually a 'reload' or 2 each day, but it's not a constant thing.

Admittedly, there's a fair amount of 'puzzling out' the schedule. But I'm the sort that enjoys that kind of challenge.
And there's rarely any 'killing time' because I don't have anything useful for Nat to do.

Last edited:

owonderate

Feb 17, 2018
Hello Baal. I like your game very much. Good job!
I'm one of your $5 patrons and having a hard time joining your discord server with this invite. I have already connected Discord to my Patreon account but your server is not shown on my Discord. Could help me join your server. You may reply me on Patreon where I massaged you earlier. Thank you.

Reactions: xapican

xapican

Devoted Member
May 11, 2020
Hello Baal. I like your game very much. Good job!
I'm one of your $5 patrons and having a hard time joining your discord server with this invite. I have already connected Discord to my Patreon account but your server is not shown on my Discord. Could help me join your server. You may reply me on Patreon where I massaged you earlier. Thank you.
owonderate, if you feeling adventurous, you can enter discord with F95 invite once you are on that server you ad Baals Server in the UI there is also a Browse function (find Server iirc)
good luck hope that helped

Reactions: owonderate

wizyy

Nov 24, 2017
With so many characters it's not nice for us to try to remember what topics we need for a certain person
And screenshotting stuff to alt+tab is a chore
ain't nobody got time for dat

Baal7734

Game Developer
Sep 21, 2016
That's why I added a function to the inventory screen that shows characters interests and bans.

Reactions: wizyy

Omicronzeta

Nov 14, 2017
That's why I added a function to the inventory screen that shows characters interests and bans.
one feature that would be useful is the ability to tag the personality traits (not sure if I am calling this the right name, the thing that adds two traits and is needed to transformation to a new archetype)

this would let tagged personality trait can be listed first when you encourage a person, looking through the list to find the correct one can be annoying.

You could also add this information to the recently added screen to further help in chosing the topics you want.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Mikey_Boy101

Baal7734

Game Developer
Sep 21, 2016
one feature that would be useful is the ability to tag the personality traits (not sure if I am calling this the right name, the thing that adds two traits and is needed to transformation to a new archetype)

this would let tagged personality trait can be listed first when you encourage a person, looking through the list to find the correct one can be annoying.

You could also add this information to the recently added screen to further help in chosing the topics you want.
Why would you not just use the search function? Use the screen that shows interests and bans in the inventory to find a few tags to look-up, and then search that tag to pull all topics with that tag into your hotbar. Like...I'm not gonna impliment a system that would most likely bog the inventory screen down even more and make it run slower just because you can't be bothered to use the tools I've already given. If remembering 2-3 tags to look-up is too much for you, then my games inventory system is the least of your problems.

EDIT: On reread...I see that i misinterpretted what you were asking for and why. What you're asking for makes sense...but I'll need to ponder on it... There's a very good chance I'll be redoing the entire inventory Screen next update...so. I'll keep your suggestion in mind.

Last edited:
3.00 star(s) 113 Votes