bacchusplateau

May 23, 2017
I've gone through the last dozen or so pages, and I didn't see this mentioned, but when Diane is 'Health Nut' or 'Immediagram Mother', when you bum money from her, the image is from her 'Relaxed Mother' personality. Not sure if this is meant to be or maybe there are some coding referring to the wrong images? I haven't played her as Cosmopolitan yet so I don't know if this is true with that personality too.

Otherwise I'm having fun. I enjoy a good grinding game, but boy <whistles> this on IS a grind.

Question about the future. I see dad is planned for the next release, but what next? I'm hopeful the secondary characters - Lisa, Jay, et al - at least get a second personality so you can have conversations to aim for when you talk to them.

Anyway, I've gots to get Becky to Queen Bee before I try the other path. See you all in a few days...

Reactions: Cipher

Baal7734

Game Developer
Sep 21, 2016
There's no secondary characters in the game. There's just the characters I've focused on, and ones I haven't yet.
I'm focusing on the family first because they are the most common characters to encounter. Currently the plan for the next update is Two AT's for Dad, Two AT's for Jesse, An AT for Gina, Becky and Diane. And if there's time, A second AT for Gina.

bacchusplateau

May 23, 2017
I guess that is what I meant by 'secondary' characters, the characters that you don't see everyday. Will dad and Jesse round out the characters from your house and Charlie's house then, or are more characters planned?

Baal7734

Game Developer
Sep 21, 2016
I guess that is what I meant by 'secondary' characters, the characters that you don't see everyday. Will dad and Jesse round out the characters from your house and Charlie's house then, or are more characters planned?
There's more characters planned...Keep in mind, I'm not making a VN. I'm making something more a kin to the Sims. So I can add characters without any sort of narrative need. And I will, once I've developed the characters that are already in the game. I'm only limiting the content in the game based on what time I have to spend on it.

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
I'm actually kind of intrigued by the card game. I never got into Magic, but I did like Vampire the Eternal Struggle. Couldn't really tell from your examples how it would play but looks interesting.

Johny Alfa

Oct 7, 2017
Just on the side note. Tilley's charter wont get unlocked for me no matter how many times I watch tv with her at Saturday noon. //Also if my experimenting were right you can unlock Lisa buying alcohol, but not with buying a round for her and yourself which is feels a bit wrong (if Im right)//

• Thinking Face
Reactions: OGRey

Cipher

Apr 22, 2017
Just on the side note. Tilley's charter wont get unlocked for me no matter how many times I watch tv with her at Saturday noon. //Also if my experimenting were right you can unlock Lisa buying alcohol, but not with buying a round for her and yourself which is feels a bit wrong (if Im right)//
To me, tilley was unlocked on the character sheet after the watch TV scene changed
There's i think 4 different scenes depending on relationship and the second one was unlocked at around 30-35 relationship
She asks you for a foot rub
Problem is that without her being on the character sheet it's hard to know what her affection level is at but it would still take 10-12 TV sessions to unlock her (assuming you do nothing with her at the party)

Baal7734

Game Developer
Sep 21, 2016
Well I now have 15 card packs in the game. Basic set 1-3, Trivia 1-3, Videogames 1-3, Charisma 1-3, and Fitness 1-3. Not a bad start :)
Each round is broken into two phases, Initiation, and Foreplay... I've got the basic structure of Initiation made. Gonna start working on Foreplay next.

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
Well I now have 15 card packs in the game. Basic set 1-3, Trivia 1-3, Videogames 1-3, Charisma 1-3, and Fitness 1-3. Not a bad start :)
Each round is broken into two phases, Initiation, and Foreplay... I've got the basic structure of Initiation made. Gonna start working on Foreplay next.
From my experience with Vampire the Eternal Struggle, one thing I would hope you avoid is doing something like adding super rare cards that are required for certain scenes but next to impossible to get. Nothing frustrated me more than building a reasonable deck from the single box of cards I bought (for about $50) and going up against a deck who's rare cards alone would have cost several thousand dollars. I didn't lose because I was less good at building a good deck, I lost because I only had a small number of rares I could use and faced a deck composed pretty much entirely of rares.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: OGRey
3.00 star(s) 115 Votes