VN Ren'Py Lost at Birth [Ch. 9 Part 1] [V19]

4.00 star(s) 78 Votes

m0us3r

Nov 28, 2020
If you get an error
Code:
I'm sorry, but errors were detected in your script. Please correct the
errors listed below, and try again.

File "scripts/ch02/ch02_sc10.rpy", line 1: Unexpected indentation at start of file.
then go to folder "game/scripts/ch02/" and edit file "ch02_sc10.rpy" to remove 4 spaces from the start of the 1st line.

So
Code:
    label ch02_sc10:
    play ambience "audio/ambience/apartment_ambience.ogg"
    play music "audio/music/night.mp3"
    scene scenes ch02 sc10 01 with dissolve:
    mc "Here you go, ladies. Hot and fresh, just the way you like it."
should become
Code:
label ch02_sc10:
    play ambience "audio/ambience/apartment_ambience.ogg"
    play music "audio/music/night.mp3"
    scene scenes ch02 sc10 01 with dissolve:
    mc "Here you go, ladies. Hot and fresh, just the way you like it."

Ingfire

Feb 27, 2020
Developer: V19XX - - - -
Modder: LaikDink
I found this game really promising and interesting so I decided to make a small walkthrough mod here, hope game developer V19XX approves me sharing this one. This mod will highlight the recommended choices (though I think it doesn't have too many choices and they are pretty obvious). And if you have any problems, please do not hesitate to inform me. Cheers
Download: MEGA

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
P/s: Updated to Ch6 CE
View attachment 1718042 View attachment 1718043
CE is up sir! Awaiting your good work!

LSC82

Jul 27, 2020
Yay, fiinally Kailey.
One criticism, this game is very linear, for example every fiber of my being was telling me keep Cassidy and Kailey apart, but the guy operating on auto just let's the encounter happen... at least it didn't impede the progress with Kailey.

faramata

Mar 13, 2022
Yay, fiinally Kailey.
One criticism, this game is very linear, for example every fiber of my being was telling me keep Cassidy and Kailey apart, but the guy operating on auto just let's the encounter happen... at least it didn't impede the progress with Kailey.
I don't mind that. I hate having to keep track of who knows how many branches. When a game is like that I just unpack it and look at the pictures. I've played games that give you multiple choices (like for instance Blackheart Personal Assistant or Sunshine Love) and I dutifully save at every choice thinking I'll go back and play it later but I never do. Don't have the time or the energy. I think this game struck a balance so far when it comes to that. It's not completely kinetic, but you don't seem to miss out on a lot of content based on your choices. I mean we did turn down Cassidy at first and then we still ended up banging her.

Walt Dee

Apr 4, 2017
For the benefit of other Mac users here, these are the steps that need to be taken so that the market build app can run on MacOS.
  1. Download the market build and unzip (duh)
  2. Locate the Lost_at_Birth app and crack it open (right click, show package contents)
  3. Create a new folder inside /Contents/Resources and name this folder autorun
  4. Now locate in the market build download the following folders and files: game, renpy, Lost_at_Birth.py and Lost_at_Birth.sh
  5. Move those folders and files from the step above to the autorun folder created in step 3. The end result should look like this View attachment 2711511
  6. That's it. The Lost_at_Birth app is now complete. You can safely discard the left over files from the market build now.
Doesn't work. Why can't you just compile a MacOS build?

• Angry
Reactions: PixelRepublic

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
Doesn't work. Why can't you just compile a MacOS build?
He's not the developer, and why can't you? It only takes seconds, that's how I make compressed Mac...

How to build with Ren'Py SDK

Also...

Since there is some conflicting information here I investigated this some more.

Turns out that the root cause of Market builds not working on a Mac is because of the Quarantine imposed by Gatekeeper on files downloaded from anonymous sources such as Mega etc. This will almost always happen to games downloaded using the links posted here and is not limited to Ren'Py games only. RPGM and Unity games can also be affected by this.
This probably also explains why the game does work for somebody on the developer's team.

When you shuffle the components around as described in my method linked by Bob69, you are effectively creating a new app for yourself, hence Gatekeeper does not intervene.

As an alternative, you can remove the quarantine from the Market build with the xattr command in Terminal. Personally I prefer my method because that method creates a self contained Mac app and leaves less clutter.
It works for them above...

xattr it was. I always forget this part. Ah, getting old.

4.00 star(s) 78 Votes