VN Ren'Py Abandoned Love, Demons and Broken Nose [v0.2.1] [Lawfullame]

3.90 star(s) 8 Votes

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
Jenny”s got a gun ... DAng Do Dang!
Demon”s on the run .. Dang do Donni!
Turned house upside down .. Dang do Denni!

WaltS

Si vis pacem para bellum
Donor
Apr 4, 2018
No way would I touch a Mattel as misshapen as that one...

Where's the good ol' trusty kitchen knives?

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
You mean the girl
Here is the meaning of life and body of knife :)

Your body is a knife
And it's tearing into me
I can't help but wonder if I'll make it

Another day
All these games we play
Don't mean a single thing

So go and leave me
High and dry
You look so lonely
Just walking by

You're the knife I can't let go
Don't let it go to your head

WaltS

Si vis pacem para bellum
Donor
Apr 4, 2018
You mean the girl or the gun? :D
The toy gun obviously...

I never make fun of them dames - when white-hot angry they are even more dangerous and vicious than a loaded weapon or a primed charge ;-)

And don't you doubt my judgement - been happily married to one for ages now :-D

Oh, and as an aside to Canto Forte :

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Sorry for the OT.

Last edited:
  • Angry
Reactions: lexlutha

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
Just watch Once Upon a Time... in Hollywood
when white-hot angry they are even more dangerous and vicious than a loaded weapon or a primed charge
Go learn how to deal with them from brad Pitt in the last scenes ... his fight is epic :)!

Last edited:

lawfullame

Game Developer
Aug 6, 2019
This visual novel is my hobby project, I don't expect to earn thousands of dollars by developing it, so I don't plan to invest in new hardware anytime soon. I use a few years old laptop with GeForce 960m and 4GB RAM.
So for my scenes I have to find a compromise between quality and rendering time.

In my free time I create story and Daz Studio scenes, rendering usually runs during my normal work or other activities.
Sometimes I get into a situation where rendering time limits me because I am able to create scenes faster than render.

I usually use denoiser in the last iterations of rendering.
The following example shows render after 100 and 1000 iterations. 1000 iterations is the number I currently use in many scenes.

Do you think that the difference in quality is worth using about ten times longer rendering time?

100 iterations
100_iterations.jpg
1000 iterations

ch2_dana_bathroom_perv2.jpg

100 is of course a very small number of iterations, but I use it as an example to illustrate the differences.
I don't plan to reduce the number of iterations in my scenes 10 times, but some reasonable reduction could speed up development time sometimes or it would allow me to include more renderer.

Edit: adding 400 iterations example.
400 iterations
400_iterations.jpg
The same settings and using denoiser ad the end. The quality difference between 100 and 400 iterations appears to be quite noticeable in some places, but not so much between 400 and 1000 iterations.

Last edited:
Reactions: Reifon

lawfullame

Game Developer
Aug 6, 2019
At this point, it is clear that it is not possible to complete episode 2 in May. I am not facing any major difficulties, the development is going well, I just don't have as much free time as I would like to have.
However, I consider the release of Chapter 2 in June to be almost certain, unless something unexpected happens.
I'm considering giving a few people access to the development version sooner if anyone is interested, but I don't want to release the development version of Chapter 2 publicly.
If anyone is interested, you can contact me via private message. I expect the development version with some renders missing to be ready in about two weeks.
Well, Chapter 2 is playable at the moment, but so far there are too many places that are not covered by the corresponding renders, and I want to add a few lines of dialogs in one branch.
img.jpg

lawfullame

Game Developer
Aug 6, 2019
The development continues quite well, although the higher number of family events after the abolition of most COVID-19 measures reduces my free time. And I also underestimated the number of renders I have to create in order to be happy with what Chapter 2 looks like.
Already at this point, Chapter 2 has significantly more renders than Chapter 1. Almost all Daz Studio scenes and most renders are done.
So what's left?
  • Rendering of the remaining scenes.
  • Creating a couple of new scenes that are a minor modification of existing scenes and differ, for example, only in facial expression.
  • Tuning transitions between some scenes.
  • A little testing and debugging.
So my time estimate?
I'd rather not make estimates. It seems to me like work for a few evenings + rendering during my normal work, but ...
1.jpg
2.jpg 3.jpg

lawfullame

Game Developer
Aug 6, 2019
Today version 0.2_beta has been released.

Changelog
  • Chapter 2 added
  • Minor fixes in Chapter 1
What are my plans next for developing this visual novel?

I'll be mostly offline next week so my ability to respond to questions and comments will be very limited until the last week of July.
In the last week of July, I will make minor corrections to Chapter 2, if necessary. Then I start working on Chapter 3.
This visual novel is mainly my hobby. Most of my time is occupied by my full-time job and my family. At the moment I am not able to promise what my release schedule will be but I will only accept 3 Patreon monthly payments and then pause the billing cycle until Chapter 3 is released. You can be sure that Chapter 3 will cost you a maximum of 3 payments, even if the development will take longer than 3 months, which is almost certain.

Game thread update

To update this thread, I have prepared a new set of preview images that more closely match the content of the game as it is now, so I would like to ask an uploader to replace the existing preview images. I also prepared a new main image for the thread.

Preview images:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited by a moderator:
3.90 star(s) 8 Votes