VN Ren'Py Abandoned Love, Demons and Broken Nose [v0.2.1] [Lawfullame]

3.90 star(s) 8 Votes

lawfullame

Game Developer
Aug 6, 2019
Just love the whole thing' story art and humour. hard to believe that it is first VN. The girls are so deliciously real and the English is better than from many native speakers. Please please keep on keeping on as you have been
Thanks. It's the first VN I'm making, but of course I've played quite a lot of adult VNs. And I still play various adult VNs, so the world of adult VNs is not new to me.

And I plan to continue making this VN in my free time, because I enjoy making it, although from a financial point of view it is not exactly a gold mine. :)

I'm not going to abandon it and start another one with a more popular type of setup and a big focus on the most popular fetishes, because I wouldn't enjoy making such a VN, although sometimes it's quite fun for me to play something more mainstream.

lawfullame

Game Developer
Aug 6, 2019
I continue writing dialogues and in the meantime I'm playing with test renders of Jitka.
Jitka is a girl who comes from a place far far away. The place is called Bohemia, or Chechnya, or the Czech Republic or something like that. But geographical details are not that important, at least for Jane.
The important is that Jitka knows a thing or two about the entity that visited our trio.
Jitka's appearance, especially the style and color of her hair, may be a little different in the end, but I think the differences won't be too big. I'll probably adjust the hair shader a bit, because a lot of iterations are needed at the moment to get rid of the grain in the hair.
jitka_test.jpg
jitka_test2.jpg

lawfullame

Game Developer
Aug 6, 2019
Development continues. I've done a total of about 840 lines of Ren'Py script / dialogs from Chapter 3 and a few renders.
At the moment, I'm prioritizing writing, but in the coming weeks I'll focus more on creating scenes and rendering. Because my GPU isn't exactly the most powerful, I need to use the rendering power as soon as possible to avoid "rendering" becoming a bottleneck later.
As writing continues, I have found that the events of Chapter 3 will require more text than I expected.
At this point, I'm considering whether Chapter 3 will include less events than I planned, and some of the events originally planned for Chapter 3 will happen in Chapter 4, or I'll include in Chapter 3 everything I wanted to have in Chapter 3.
I'm not going to drop any planned events, it's just a matter of dividing them into chapters.
Since I already have a few patrons, I will share some images from time to time, especially the NSFW ones as patron only content.
This will include images that will later appear in my VN as well as those I created, for example, to test lighting in some location.
And from time to time I'll create some NSWF renders that don't appear in my VN ...well just for fun. :)

ch3_start3.png

lawfullame

Game Developer
Aug 6, 2019
Bumping and wishing for more gun-nut waifu's scene.
Chapter 3 is still far away, but the "gun-nut waifu" will of course be present in all chapters as one of the two main girls in my VN.
However, not all chapters will include scenes with guns.
The path to a relationship with this "gun-nut waifu" can be relatively peaceful, or a little crazy at some points, depending on what the player says and does.
Well... peaceful ... I meant peaceful interactions between MC and Dana, but as the story progresses, it might be necessary to eliminate some villains here and there. ;)

Last edited:

lawfullame

Game Developer
Aug 6, 2019
My work on Chapter 3 continues. The release of Chapter 3 is still a long way off, but as I promised, I only accept 3 Patreon payments until the release of Chapter 3, so the October payment will be the last until Chapter 3 is completed. I don't want to milk my two patrons. :)
So if I don't count my standard challenges as a limited amount of free time, what are the challenges I face in developing my visual novel?
One of the main challenges is branching events based on current and past decisions. I'm trying to avoid style that I as player don't like in some visual novels, where the player can in most situations only accept an opportunity or miss the content, without being able to see some interesting alternative content.
Of course, some decisions are more important than others, some choices lead to funnier results than alternative choices, sometimes immediately, sometimes later, but .... although there are only quite a limited number of choices in my VN, I'm trying to offer various interesting options in some situations.
You may already notice this in the first two chapters.
So what will Chapter 3 be about?
The first part of Chapter 3, about one-third, will focus on clarifying a few things about the paranormal mess that the main characters of my VN are facing and there will be some clues as to what may come next.
The rest of the chapter will feature a little more interaction with Jane and Dana, although, of course, some mysterious events will be present in this part of the chapter as well.
img.png

lawfullame

Game Developer
Aug 6, 2019
I have had relatively little time in recent weeks, so development has been quite slow. I can't estimate when Chapter 3 will be finished, but I'm pausing the billing cycle until Chapter 3 is released, so no more Patron payments for a while.

Pausing Patreon payments doesn't mean I'm going to abandon this project. I'm just aware that my average development speed is slow. It's my hobby, which I'm not going to give up. Simply when I have more time, I spend more time developing this VN, when I have less time, I devote less time to development.

I am currently working on a few Chapter 3 events where the player's decisions will have a significant impact on the relationship between, MC, Jane and Dana, of course, taking into account what choices the player made in the previous chapters.

I don't want to give too many spoilers here, but if you have any questions, you may ask. If someone wants spoilers, I have no problem providing spoilers. :)

img.png
"♫ I'm 'Enery the Eighth, I am"

ImperialD

Devoted Member
Oct 24, 2019
I have had relatively little time in recent weeks, so development has been quite slow. I can't estimate when Chapter 3 will be finished, but I'm pausing the billing cycle until Chapter 3 is released, so no more Patron payments for a while.

Pausing Patreon payments doesn't mean I'm going to abandon this project. I'm just aware that my average development speed is slow. It's my hobby, which I'm not going to give up. Simply when I have more time, I spend more time developing this VN, when I have less time, I devote less time to development.

I am currently working on a few Chapter 3 events where the player's decisions will have a significant impact on the relationship between, MC, Jane and Dana, of course, taking into account what choices the player made in the previous chapters.

I don't want to give too many spoilers here, but if you have any questions, you may ask. If someone wants spoilers, I have no problem providing spoilers. :)

View attachment 877317
awesome game keep up the great work ..

Reactions: lawfullame

Spfjolietjake

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 26, 2019

View attachment 877317
Thank you for keeping us posted :)

lawfullame

Game Developer
Aug 6, 2019
There is still a lot of work to be done to complete Chapter 3. At this point, the dialogues for one storyline in Chapter 3 are almost complete but there is still quite a lot of writing left in other branches of some events.
Work on renders for Chapter 3 is progressing quite slowly, at the moment only about 80 completed renders, but quite a lot of this are key scenes that serve as a basis for making other scenes through changes such as small changes in pose, changes in expression, camera angle, etc. So I expect the number of renders to increase significantly faster now.
At this point, it is almost certain that Chapter 3 will have more content than Chapter 2 (which is bigger than Chapter 1) which of course means that it takes a while to make that chapter.
I know that shorter chapters might be more reasonable, but there are certain points in the story that I don't want to divide into different chapters.
Of course, as I promised, no more Patreon payments until the completion of Chapter 3, which means no December payment, no January payment, and with about 99% probability no February payment. I know I'm slow, but I don't want to give false hopes that Chapter 3 will be finished soon.
One pretty positive news is that my wife played the first two chapters and she likes my VN, which means she's trying to give me advice during the development of the third chapter.
Often this advice is unwanted, but every now and then she has a pretty good idea how to make some scenes look better. Sometimes we even test together in practice whether a pose is realistic, as in this picture. That hand may look kind of broken at first glance, but this way of muting Jane's lewd comments should be doable.
img.png

frogbert

Oct 15, 2018
I'm happy to see this is still under development I was wondering how it was doing. Since this is a hoplo-positive game it would be pleasing if the MC could choose a raifu as well as a human love interest. Or better yet a raifu-harem.

Last edited:
Reactions: MrFriendly

lawfullame

Game Developer
Aug 6, 2019
I'm happy to see this is still under development I was wondering how it was doing. Since this is a hoplo-positive game it would be pleasing if the MC could choose a raifu as well as a human love interest. Or better yet a raifu-harem.
This VN has always been in development since the first preview. But that development is slow because it's a hobby, not something I do for a living.
My original idea was that only Dana (the redhead) would be a possoble love interest. But shortly after the release of the first chapter, I decided and announced that also Jane would be a possible love interest.
Of course, the path to romance will be different for both girls, because there are different starting points and Jane and MC are friends with benefits at the beginning of the story.

This is not a typical harem VN. At least in the first few chapters, the player should choose which girl to focus on.
The decisions from the first chapter have some influence, but they do not close the way to romance with Dana, no matter what options the player chooses. Some choices from the second chapter onwards become much more important.

However, from a certain point in the story, it will be possible to choose a harem path that will include romance with both Jane and Dana. Of course, previous decisions will also play a role.

That point of the story will came in the late stages of my VN after some adventuring, elimination of a few bad guys and finding an ancient artifact or two. :)

But it will be possible to avoid romance with any of the girls and continue as a friend with the benefits with Jane

lawfullame

Game Developer
Aug 6, 2019
Bump to let OP know I'm looking forward for next update.
A new update is in development, but I have little time these days, so development is slow.
Of course, I'm pausing Patreon payments until Chapter 3 is done.

This visual novel is my hobby project, which means slow development, but on the other hand, the advantage of the hobby approach is that I don't care much about the financial side of this project, so the fact that I only get a few dollars from Patreon does not discourage me from continuing.

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
A new update is in development, but I have little time these days, so development is slow.
Of course, I'm pausing Patreon payments until Chapter 3 is done.

This visual novel is my hobby project, which means slow development, but on the other hand, the advantage of the hobby approach is that I don't care much about the financial side of this project, so the fact that I only get a few dollars from Patreon does not discourage me from continuing.
Well, Rayday is not alone in his dreams of a new update... But I completely understand your approach and will keep an eye out for whenever this sees an update. Hope you are safe and healthy. Take care.

lawfullame

Game Developer
Aug 6, 2019
The development of my VN in recent weeks has not been very fast. No excuses, I have more hobbies. In addition to developing this VN in my free time I also like to play games sometimes and not only adult games. And lately I've been playing more than developing. You can blame the Android version of Civilization 6, which I discovered during the Christmas holidays.

But now I feel that I have had enough of conquering the world for a while and I will focus more on development again except that I will occasionally play some other adult VNs.

Of course, I'm pausing payments.
img.png

"Everybody get down! ! Maybe it's a bomb!"

yelcho

May 22, 2017
I continue writing dialogues and in the meantime I'm playing with test renders of Jitka.
Jitka is a girl who comes from a place far far away. The place is called Bohemia, or Chechnya, or the Czech Republic or something like that. But geographical details are not that important, at least for Jane.
The important is that Jitka knows a thing or two about the entity that visited our trio.
Jitka's appearance, especially the style and color of her hair, may be a little different in the end, but I think the differences won't be too big. I'll probably adjust the hair shader a bit, because a lot of iterations are needed at the moment to get rid of the grain in the hair.
View attachment 765129
View attachment 765130
Can we click on those buttons, Please please!

3.90 star(s) 8 Votes