Alleycat_2017

Sep 1, 2017
Glad this got posted, I've been watching the beta on steam waiting for Book 3. Which prompted me to ask the dev where it was. It's in the development beta for Book 2. So, just bought Book 2 off of Steam and am anticipating the frequent dev updates that this guy puts out for Book 3.

I bought Book 1 and got Book 2 on Beta. I've now bought Book 2 and am getting Book 3 on beta. Compared to monthly payments to Patreon this is great value. I'm personally more inclined to support a dev in this manner. Especially when it's of the quality that Droid puts out. The dev also responds to questions on Steam really quickly, and interacts with the community constantly.

absalon1977

Jun 5, 2018
There is a small timeline problem here I believe. If you have an unfinished cash depot with Xenia from Book 2 Kingdom Events it shows up when you talk with her triggering her to leave and gather informations plus after your first conversation with Dylan you have to talk with him again "- Any thoughts of joining..." something like that in order to clear the path and talk with Xenia about her scout. So to resume best is to talk with Dylan twice after the event with Brotherhood and after talk with Xenia about her scout. Still an unfinished KE from book 2 with Xenia will show both events The scout and the Depot. I think it is a bit complicated timing :)
Yeh that might actually be the issue i have, i was not able too complete everything last time i played through book 2 but it was close, there was a few things i was missing not a big issue i was planning on playing through book 1 and 2 again.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
Glad this got posted, I've been watching the beta on steam waiting for Book 3. Which prompted me to ask the dev where it was. It's in the development beta for Book 2. So, just bought Book 2 off of Steam and am anticipating the frequent dev updates that this guy puts out for Book 3.

I bought Book 1 and got Book 2 on Beta. I've now bought Book 2 and am getting Book 3 on beta. Compared to monthly payments to Patreon this is great value. I'm personally more inclined to support a dev in this manner. Especially when it's of the quality that Droid puts out. The dev also responds to questions on Steam really quickly, and interacts with the community constantly.
Agree 100%, that's why I bought it.

Get the full book and next one being developed, why the hell not.

Reactions: Droid Productions

Tavi13

Feb 1, 2021
I've got to admit that when I first realized that this was turning into
some alternate timeline stuff I was seriously annoyed.

Always strongly disliked that in comics or Sci-Fi TV shows. ;)

Not that annoyed anymore, yet still not thrilled.
We gotta see where and how this goes aaaand
I gotta cut Droid some slack as so far the story was epic.
I have the same exact problem.
I came really close to skipping this because of it. I actually had to go back and finish BookII, because I slammed it closed when that scene started so I didn't have a save for Book III.

Since I have faith in Droids story telling abilities, and I have calmed down a bit, I decided to bite the bullet and try it.

No regrets, at least so far, and only one tiny "WTF is Droid thinking???" moment (more of a personal choice thing).

Here's to the Love of Magic!
/cheers

Kitchentable

Aug 13, 2018
I have the same exact problem.
I came really close to skipping this because of it. I actually had to go back and finish BookII, because I slammed it closed when that scene started so I didn't have a save for Book III.

Since I have faith in Droids story telling abilities, and I have calmed down a bit, I decided to bite the bullet and try it.

No regrets, at least so far, and only one tiny "WTF is Droid thinking???" moment (more of a personal choice thing).

Here's to the Love of Magic!
/cheers
I feel you. My dislike for that stems from greedy trou de cul (pardon my french)
usually resorting to the alternate timeline shtick to continue milking a brand or fanchise
after they did the obligatory sequel to the prequel of the sequel's prequel....

You hear me Marvel, Paramount, Disney, Warner, and the list goes and on and on and on...

So yeah, it got nothing to do with this stylsitic device itself or Droid using it,
it's about it having been overused for my taste.

But as you said too, Droid so far has delivered a superb and engaging story
and it deserves to be seen unfold before passing judgement.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Tavi13

Tavi13

Feb 1, 2021
My dislike for that stems from greedy trou de cul (pardon my french)
usually resorting to the alternate timeline shtick to continue milking a brand or fanchise
after they did the obligatory sequel to the prequel of the sequel's prequel...
Exactly. Even worse is when the writers have a contract for "x" more productions, and no ideas (or cares) at all so they just want to rehash the same stuff....

But as you said too, Droid so far has delivered a superb and engaging story
and it deserves to be seen unfold before passing judgement.
Yep. Took me a bit to calm down & remind myself of this fact though.....alright....maybe more than a bit.

I also kept getting annoyed whenever I logged onto Steam and saw 1 & 2 in my library. I was trying to figure out if I was going to pick-up Book 3 when it released, even though I had no intention of playing it, or was I going to have to break the set.....yeah, I have issues :)

NewTricks

Forum Fanatic
Nov 1, 2017
I've enjoyed the alternate timeline so far. Then again, I would have done anything to get Bella back.

indio68

Engaged Member
Sep 26, 2020
She's Scottish.

The whole clan are Scottish.

They are seperate because they are seperate games.

Each book is it's own game, you even have to buy them seperately on Steam. I know this because I bought them.

Chapter XII is new that came out a couple of days ago.

Sadly it takes a lot longer than a couple of days to make a chapter so if you've already played up to XII then nothing is new.
chapter 12 book 3?? no i think i missed it..i left when dragon bornbasically..

4.60 star(s) 258 Votes