Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
I see a link for the Android devices for book 2, does it have like all the content or is it incomplete?
Not complete; the build's so large it doesn't fit under the 2GB threshold on Android, and requires a big chunk of engineering work before it'll do so again.

Apr 29, 2021
Would it be rude to ask for the ETA for Act 13, I really appreciate this game so I guess the curiosity is getting the better of me though I will try to rein it in xD

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Would it be rude to ask for the ETA for Act 13, I really appreciate this game so I guess the curiosity is getting the better of me though I will try to rein it in xD
When it's done :)

I'm working on Act XII+ right now, some new Elsewhere encounters, cleaning up various small sandbox issues and writing new fireside chats.

Once that's done I'll get started on Act XIII. The Act+ expansions usually take ~3-4 weeks, the full story Acts usually 6-8 weeks.

Apr 29, 2021
I do have some questions after playing book 3, would be quite grateful if someone could answer them!

Q1. What is the real reason of bringing MC back, I mean he clearly said while talking to Chloe back at Crowley that Outsiders are not the only reason because Black Sun could have been detonated quite easily beforehand, then there is one dialogue in Merlin Tower where the construct says he brought him back to see his mother; damn what does that even mean? Genuinely confused what the reason could be; don't think the voices care about Bella so much that they would drag MC into a completely new timeline just to ensure she keeps living, man this is hard to figure out

Q2. If you have played book 2 clearly then you would remember again and again someone in the War knew where Army of Life were going to move, time and time again someone betrayed like the Cult knew exactly what was planned; don't know who was the traitor, someone in the court perhaps, so would they be caught in advance this time in book 3; I mean the timeline is completely different one good instance is Sarah not being evil yet so how would MC have the edge this time though? Like would the knowledge of Black Sun; which Chloe denies in the start of book 3 really help, I mean he technically holds no edge compared to last time and this timeline is in shambles, wouldn't it mean he's gonna fare even worse than the first time and worse what if someone other than MC allying with the Cult also has jumped timelines, this is like some Men in Black shit lol

Q3. Will there be mentions of Reality-1 Emily moving on? Like in this Act MC accepts both Emilys have common weaknesses and strengths, by that logic wouldn't the Reality-1 Emily transition into Reality-2 Emily, can't see her being very strong atm especially after such huge losses and now MC is gone too. And if that is the case isn't MC stuck in a loop? Going back to either of the Emily after disappearing from a timeline is like doing the same thing over and over again, to bond with her again as she completely becomes a new person which brings me to my last question

Ok, now the final question! How do you guys think the happily ever after ending be achieved as mentioned by Droid Productions above. It's clear the MC will become more closer to the new Emily and then how do you keep both happy? Lol you could keep both too; but story wise don't think that will be the case at the end. Either of them is left behind or dies both of these scenarios just provide a partial happy ending as somewhere or the other someone died? Will that be the case or someone has better line of reasoning I am damn curious to know!

So yeah those are my questions; apologies if I wrote too much lol as I am genuinely concerned about the ending of alternate timeline games; movies like Avengers and MIB have made me biased that it won't end all well for MC, he does lose something and hence me being skeptical about happily ever after, though I do have trust in Droid Productions as this game is quite unique. I have been thinking a lot about this game even at work xD; such a fantastic piece of work! Thanks in advance if anyone answer my questions, have a nice day ahead

Last edited:

Macinnes

Feb 19, 2020
I have passed over this one for as long as it has been out. The poker card thing put me off. I am very sorry I did and glad I finally decided to take book I for a test spin. FECK YA! This has got to be one of my all time favorite fookin' VN's. My mind is blown I could not say enough about how good this one is! Slainte to Droid, cheers and hip, hip, hooray! I'm a sucker for fantasy, Arthurian Legend, Celtic Lore and anything resembling D&D games. I am also a sucker for a good story and LOM nails it. I look forward to book II now. Time to poor a highball of Glenlivet Founders Reserve and start the show...

Macinnes

Feb 19, 2020
I have D/L Book II from both GoFile and Mega. When I try to unpack the file with 7zip I get an error that says the folder cannot be created. Any help? The other two D/L's worked fine as usual.

Deleted member 289409

Nov 12, 2017
I have D/L Book II from both GoFile and Mega. When I try to unpack the file with 7zip I get an error that says the folder cannot be created. Any help? The other two D/L's worked fine as usual.
Is your 7zip updated? If it is try WinRar and if it still doesn't unpack try moving it to a different location.

And if you're on Win 11 uninstall 7zip and use NanaZip. And if it still won't unpack either there is something on your end preventing it or something wrong with the upload.

Selesteen

Sep 27, 2019
Is your 7zip updated? If it is try WinRar and if it still doesn't unpack try moving it to a different location.

And if you're on Win 11 uninstall 7zip and use NanaZip. And if it still won't unpack either there is something on your end preventing it or something wrong with the upload.
It is somehow related to the win x64 zips. I ran into the same issue, after a quick chat with Droid Productions , winrar seems to do the trick. atm I am using 7zip v19. and it did not work.

The fun part is that using 7zip on the x32 all was fine.

Last edited:

Macinnes

Feb 19, 2020

Both latest versions of 7zip and WinRAR failed to unpack the file with the same result. It would seem the issue is with the file and not the apps

Macinnes

Feb 19, 2020
It is somehow related to the win x64 zips. I ran into the same issue, after a quick that with Droid Productions , winrar seems to do the trick. atm I am using 7zip v19. and it did not work.

The fun part is that using 7zip on the x32 all was fine.
I agree the issue is with the 64 bit zip D/L file. I tried to unzip with both latest versions of 7zip and WinRAR with the same result. Unfortunately the link on Droid's Patreon are the same ones here. I subscribed after being blown away by Book I.

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
I agree the issue is with the 64 bit zip D/L file. I tried to unzip with both latest versions of 7zip and WinRAR with the same result. Unfortunately the link on Droid's Patreon are the same ones here. I subscribed after being blown away by Book I.
Weird. I've heard 7zip failing to unpack it (it's 5.7GB, which is probably why), but WinRar's always been able to handle things. Let me give it a quick download and check.

Reactions: Macinnes

Macinnes

Feb 19, 2020
I've opened 8gb files with 7zip in the past with no issues. It's frustrating LOL. I just want to pour me a single malt and continue with the show!

***Update***

Ok this was really weird. Instead of using "Extract Here" I set the file location manually into a newly created file "Love of Magic Book II" and used Extract files. It worked but created a bunch of extraneous files I'll have to manually sort out. Thanks for the help and your Project Droid rocks!

Last edited:

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
I've opened 8gb files with 7zip in the past with no issues. It's frustrating LOL. I just want to pour me a single malt and continue with the show!
1660694075829.png

Just downloaded it (Mega link), unzip it using WinRar 6.01, works fine.

Alternatively, I do offer steam keys to all supporters; that's arguably the better way to play (delta patching, auto-updating, access to Book 3, etc).

4.60 star(s) 258 Votes