shogun1233

Apr 2, 2018
If you're on Steam, usually the game updates 2-3 / week (it's been slow the last week, since I've been on holiday with the family, but I'm finally back home at the workstation :D ).

I'm aiming for 6 acts for Book 3 (5 normal acts, one epilogue). That puts it at 11 updates (6 Act releases, 5 Act+ releases that expand the sandbox and add optional content). A normal act release usually takes ~2 months to complete, an Act+ somewhere between 4 and 6 weeks, depending on how much content there is, and what else is going on in my life. I'm done with Act XIII+ (so 13 out of 16 acts + epilogue), so I have 4 more acts to go, and 3 more Act+ sequences to go.

Once Book 3's done, that's it for MC, Emily, Katie, the Chosen and the rest of the cast of Love of Magic. I'll start another project, in an unreleated world. Though it's likely that some of the characters will rejoin me... so the next main heroine, while neither a Princess nor a Pendragon, might look a lot like Emily.
well its been hella good story so far and as for the next project i wouldnt mind seeing what you can do with a science fiction setting with tid bits of fantasy and magic. either way so far im very much looking forward to the end of love of magic and your next project just wish i had money to support you not many games draw me in like this

Reactions: JMINATL
Aug 5, 2017
This must have been the worst nut kick of all time. Book 1 was good. Book 2 was fantastic. Book 3 is total garbage if you follow a story. The story is suppose to have character development. But this was just a total reset. You dont do this in a story. It wouldve just been better to end it in book 2 and start a new game. Atleast then it would be new. This was disappointing to say the least. I wont keep playing book 3 at all. Im just gonna have book 2 as an conclusion. Even though there was still a ton of things that needed to be concluded. Not like it matters anyway. Just gonna handle it as a canceled show and move on. There should just be a disclaimer that the story wont finish and will have a reset in book 3. Fuck this wasted my time
why do you think it won't finish? The Greatest Gift/It's a wonderful life is the hinted inspiration here and that does come back to the original timeline to conclude. and the story from book1 & 2 will be wrapped up. It's not out of the blue or anything, it's been foreshadowed from the beginning.

UnoriginalUserName

Engaged Member
Sep 3, 2017
View attachment 2223568
Rise and shine, Owyn... we've got a world to burn.
I am the Evoker.
Fire burns before me.
Death walks behind me.
In the center, there is only me. ...and more fire. :ROFLMAO:
that is an hot Kathie, and i mean hot as in scary like a wild fire!
That's not Katie. Side of her head isn't shaved and her eyes are more grey than blue. That looks more like Fia, except also not quite (hair's wrong). Might be Katie's mom? :unsure:
Either way, she's definitely a relative. :love:

UnoriginalUserName

Engaged Member
Sep 3, 2017
Perhaps in THIS reality, she has an mean streak, since she was said to be too nice in the other reality.

A relative, you say? Because of the red hair, or the attitude???
Well everything, but mostly the look (not just her hair).
The attitude is basically every Scottish person ever, so that's too general. :sneaky:

read the message!
its directed at the MC and its something that only the red devil would say!
whats more likely?
to be her mother or that in this reality with all the stress of the ongoing war
and of loosing one of her best friends and lover she overlooked her stylistic choices?

grief is a thing, people forgo their appearance!
Uh sure, but "forgoing" your eye color is a bit difficult.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Reactions: Warscared

M3H1

Jun 7, 2017
The attitude is basically every Scottish person ever, so that's too general. :sneaky:

Uh sure, but "forgoing" your eye color is a bit difficult.
Good point about the eye color. But Fia would never part her hair on the right.

LadySmoks

Apr 21, 2020
read the message!
its directed at the MC and its something that only the red devil would say!
whats more likely?
to be her mother or that in this reality with all the stress of the ongoing war
and of loosing one of her best friends and lover she overlooked her stylistic choices?

grief is a thing, people forgo their appearance!
Depends on which book you are on, I guess? Book 3, Katie hasn't been dragged in Owyn's slipstream (Owyn of Book 3 reality) of destiny (yet), so she isn't The Red Devil, or nearly that powerful. BUT, Droid tends to toss teaser pics of WIP, so it may be Katie, with slightly different hair style?

Aye? I mean yes? :cautious: Nah, what I wrote was paraphrasing what Torman said when Owyn asked if he was related to Katie. ;)

Reactions: UnoriginalUserName

UnoriginalUserName

Engaged Member
Sep 3, 2017
Aye? I mean yes? :cautious: Nah, what I wrote was paraphrasing what Torman said when Owyn asked if he was related to Katie. ;)
Ah damn, I completely missed that, only remembered / realized when you mentioned it. Nice one.
Good point about the eye color. But Fia would never part her hair on the right.
Maybe it was just the wind! But yeah, I mentioned the hair being wrong earlier. Between that, the eye color, and the actual face is why I think she's someone new but related.

Reactions: LadySmoks

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Maybe it was just the wind! But yeah, I mentioned the hair being wrong earlier. Between that, the eye color, and the actual face is why I think she's someone new but related.
Nah, just me playing with the new MidJourney AI system, and liking the result enough to share it.

I'm done with the cast for LoM, you've seen everyone you'll meet in the game.

Reactions: UnoriginalUserName

faradhii

Sep 8, 2019
Anyone else have local achievement issues? Particularly Man of Culture (read every book in the game) and Monogamous (refuse all optional sex scenes except Emily)? I clicked off save to the cloud in STEAM, deleted all my save files for a fresh playthrough, got all book 1 achievements except the 2 aforementioned (and the 1500 ice and 1500 fire comobo one, but I'll get that). I followed the wiki, STEAM registered Man of Culture and Monogamous, but local saves/achievements did not. My only thought is that now that there are 2.5 books, perhaps Man of Culture will now require me to read all the book 2 books? For monogamous, following the wiki you have to 1) ignore Chloe's BJ on day 1 or so, refuse snowdrop in the shower (which leads to you not getting pixie troubles achievement, time for another run anyway), refuse Katie solo when you beat her in the gym, refuse katie/Bella 3 some, and refuse the chosen 4some on day 96. So I did bang Chloe in costume a couple of times, banged Diana in the bookstore, etc. I'm thinking THAT may have been a mistake if the Wiki is wrong? Any thoughts are appreciated.

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017

Another quick AI test, I'm experimenting with getting it to give me variations of the Dark Elsewhere image, and then using AE to blend across it. This one's too fast to be used as a background (it'd be too distracting), but I'm re-running it with much longer pauses between transitions and smoother passes. We'll see how that turns out... it's got another hour or so to bake :)

If you're interested, I added a .

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Any idea on when the android port will be updated to the final version of book 2?
Sadly no... I need to set time aside for it, but I keep getting dragged back into Book 3. Android, in general, is a super frustrating development platform, responsible for 90% of the compatibility errors, and without the ability to sell it on places like Steam (or Apple/Google). Though at Itch.io is awesome.

Reactions: SomeoneX22
4.60 star(s) 258 Votes