Brother Lui

Jan 15, 2019
ok something happened on Steam
Steam bug.JPG
Steam bug2.JPG

that happened after a 30 seconds update :(

Ok checked starting the game and the background photos from the house when you talk with your mom also is missing something happened and doesn't show all the background images on the Steam. I checked an older version from the betas and it is ok. :unsure: Don't know if I am helping lol on me

Last edited:
Reactions: Emma M

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
ok something happened on Steam
View attachment 737018
View attachment 737019

that happened after a 30 seconds update :(

Ok checked starting the game and the background photos from the house when you talk with your mom also is missing something happened and doesn't show all the background images on the Steam. I checked an older version from the betas and it is ok. :unsure: Don't know if I am helping lol on me
Those white screens are usually broken addressables. Checking.

Yeah. Addressable paths reset themselves. I'm rebuilding 0.4.36b now.

ExpBar

May 14, 2019

A brutal civil war is raging in the Discord; should Jenny (the Barrista from Black Rose) become Chosen? I set up a Patreon poll, but I thought I'd share this awesome fan-art from F95 regular Pandaman. Really awesome, and he spent a *lot* of time getting it right.
WHAT!! are you are you out of your mind, my favorite girl AND FAVORITE SONG THAT YOU INTRODUCE TO ME! is up to votation of course I wand her as chosen... well me in my way to patron to vote yes
descarga.jpg

Brother Lui

Jan 15, 2019
ok everything fixed except when you start duel with the cards in elsewhere (same white background and can't see the cards) :)

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Weirdness. Okay, I'll test that out tomorrow. The nature of Beta builds is that they sometime catch bugs :D

Alpine Eagle

Russian Spy
Donor
Compressor
Apr 13, 2019
"Unexpected end of the archive". Nopy (Win32)
The archive doesn't open and returns an error. After recovery, the archive was unpacked, and the game started. But I think something didn't unpack.

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
"Unexpected end of the archive". Nopy (Win32)
The archive doesn't open and returns an error. After recovery, the archive was unpacked, and the game started. But I think something didn't unpack.
Someone else mentioned a similar issue, I need to see what broke.

That's the latest Beta's; don't update the main thread yet, as it's still missing about a week before public launch (the current build ends abruptly at Day 97, before the end-of-game sequence). You can always grab the latest beta from

WIN32:
WIN64:
OSX:
Linux:
Android:

Reactions: Alpine Eagle

Brother Lui

Jan 15, 2019
ok after 5 attempts finally managed to download the beta from dropbox which after research has the following problem and can't finish the download if it happens to anyone :

and after several articles it seems that a weird solution at least with Firefox if will fail to repeat again the download. Firefox on the new attempt it continues from the point which it stopped and returns with the completed result.

p.s. the article is just for example

Reactions: syh653

sillyrobot

Engaged Member
Apr 22, 2019
Okay, pushed 0.4.36b out to steam. Uploading to Dropbox.
Started a new game, Win 64 build. When I go to Elsewhere (second time -- where you are supposed to get choices of destination), the choice screen is solid white. The cards are still present; I can click where they should be and continue, albeit blindly. Handled the first fight, went back to a white screen.

UncleVT

Låt den rätta komma in
Jul 2, 2017
Started a new game, Win 64 build. When I go to Elsewhere (second time -- where you are supposed to get choices of destination), the choice screen is solid white. The cards are still present; I can click where they should be and continue, albeit blindly. Handled the first fight, went back to a white screen.
Download 0.4.36c in his discord

Reactions: sillyrobot

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
0.4.36c: Win32:
Win64:
OSX:
Linux:
Android:

(it's one reason why I don't usually post the betas public outside of the Discord; I do ~daily builds, so there's not much internal QA across 5 platforms for a single dev. In this specific case, I rewrote how fullscreen images were treated to make the code cleaner, but that's obviously something with far reaching consequences, some of which I didn't test. Once it's content complete, I lock down a lot harder, test and change only specific bugs, so the public builds are much more stable).

sillyrobot

Engaged Member
Apr 22, 2019
I have a somewhat selfish and low-priority request.

In almost all cases, the game interface is clean and easy to read. But I am colorblind (protanopia: one of the partial red-green conditions). One thing I have difficulty with the the current day marker on the calendar.

Please consider adding a different differentiator than a dark red line around the day box. Maybe crosshatch the current day?

Reactions: Droid Productions

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
I have a somewhat selfish and low-priority request.

In almost all cases, the game interface is clean and easy to read. But I am colorblind (protanopia: one of the partial red-green conditions). One thing I have difficulty with the the current day marker on the calendar.

Please consider adding a different differentiator than a dark red line around the day box. Maybe crosshatch the current day?
Sure, let me see what I can do.

PhoenixFireeye

Nov 2, 2017
Is the third Black Rose usable yet? I have the option to give Jenny the third rose, but then nothing. Clicking on myself does nothing and clicking on her just gives me the normal text about the cafe is closed.

crabsinthekitchen

Apr 28, 2020
Is the third Black Rose usable yet? I have the option to give Jenny the third rose, but then nothing. Clicking on myself does nothing and clicking on her just gives me the normal text about the cafe is closed.
You need to do Olivia's Ceremonial Magic ritual and talk to her around day 70 before going to Jenny

4.60 star(s) 258 Votes