Sin Eater

Apr 9, 2018
Is there a way to trigger the email from Molly that leads to the studio scene? Besides using the debug option to unlock all locations, I cant find a way to trigger the scene.

Reactions: Droid Productions

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Is there a way to trigger the email from Molly that leads to the studio scene? Besides using the debug option to unlock all locations, I cant find a way to trigger the scene.
The first should auto-unlock by day 50. I'll see why it doesn't. The second should auto-unlock day 71.

I added support to run any script function from the debug menu.
Open it up (Ctrl+J)
Message=IheartMC#1

1596525799812.png

(I should rename that field, it's not for flags :) )

Reactions: Real Kreten

Sin Eater

Apr 9, 2018
I think you missed the point, that his antagonistic remarks are needlessly petty, even to his allies. That ego clash with the kitsune could've smoothed over if he could keep his damn mouth shut. The fact is that he bungled his first impression with her and then didn't permit her to save face at the end.

If you ever get a voice actor for the MC's lines, I'm sure you'll hear how bad it sounds, how jerkass and unsympathetic it makes him come across.
His issue with the kitsune is a bit more than an ego clash. When he first met her and Akane she is openly hostile and disrespectful for no real reason. She overtly threatens the mc... an evoker... based on the game's lore a lesser evoker than the mc would've roasted the fox on sight at that point. Evokers are extremely volatile by nature and at that point the mc had been dealing with a few situations that was starting to test his anger. So him just being petty along with a petty person is rather tame given the circumstances.
The mc has since been blackmailed by an evil thot (can't remember if this is before or after meeting Akane), betrayed and almost killed by a certain god of war along with having his magic destroyed. He's been toyed with by the voices and other forces hellbent on pushing his destiny as a living weapon because of a prophecy; ultimately leading him to being tricked by an ally into getting an extra crispy "makeover" by dragon breath. After all of this he ascends into godhood. So even without not knowing who he can trust or the stuff going on with Emily, he has a right to be angry. Hopefully he learns to control it, but he's currently perfectly justified in his anger. By his actions thus far, he's been far more tame than most Powers with less power than him would've been in a similar situation. Though that is mosty due to Emily's influence.

Last edited:

Sin Eater

Apr 9, 2018
The first should auto-unlock by day 50. I'll see why it doesn't. The second should auto-unlock day 71.

I added support to run any script function from the debug menu.
Open it up (Ctrl+J)
Message=IheartMC#1

View attachment 758293

(I should rename that field, it's not for flags :) )
Thanks, I thought I got the first email you mentioned from day 50. Just looked. On day 71 I got the option to buy Molly's outfit instead of the email, and got the outfit email on day 72. Never got the trigger for the studio. Dunno why.

Last edited:

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
His issue with the kitsune is a bit more than an ego clash. When he first met her and Akane she is openly hostile and disrespectful for no real reason. She overtly threatens the mc... an evoker... based on the game's lore a lesser evoker than the mc would've roasted the fox on sight at that point. Evokers are extremely volatile by nature and at that point the mc had been dealing with a few situations that was starting to test his anger. So him just being petty along with a petty person is rather tame given the circumstances.
The mc has since been blackmailed by an evil thot (can't remember if this is before of after meeting Akane), betrayed and almost killed by a certain god of war along with having his magic destroyed. He's been toyed with by the voices and other forces hellbent on pushing his destiny as a living weapon because of a prophecy; ultimately leading him to being tricked by an ally into getting an extra crispy "makeover" by dragon breath. After all of this he ascends into godhood. So even without not knowing who he can trust or the stuff going on with Emily, he has a right to be angry. Hopefully he learns to control it, but he's currently perfectly justified in his anger. By his actions thus far, he's been far more tame than most Powers with less power than him would've been in a similar situation. Though that is mosty due to Emily's influence.
True and even while rescuing Emily he holds back on the normies and just mainly threatens and before gives Martin the time to peacefully settle with the dark elf while he is in a hurry and could just have turned her to a cinder. Also do not forget that MC shares one trait with his father, he protects and cares deeply for those who he consider as his. Take that together with a situation where he is in over his head, he knows his control lacks and knows some of those he loves may well die while he did not ask to be in that situation, cause of choices he will have to make and his anger is kind of understandable and he has not been trained for years in diplomacy, but comes from a youth where he needed to be tough. :p

Just let him live a peaceful life with Emily and his friends and the anger issues would likely be under control in a few years, just he will not get that chance. Or is not given that chance due to the ambitions of others.

D

Deleted member 2107272

his antagonistic remarks are needlessly petty
I mean, MC does have a very short temper and is getting illusions of grandeur (is it an illusion of grandeur if you are really THAT AWESOME?). He does believe himself to be 100% righteous, his personality to be flawless, and any antagonizing force to be his enemy. This is what I mean by "he doesn't care who opposes him". And well, I mean, he does have a strong ego, which is to be expected of a person who wholeheartedly believes themselves to be a righteous man. It's very very hard to find common ground with someone when you are certainly convinced you are right, and the only people who disagree with you/don't like you are either stupid or evil (another great piece of theme, by the way. Actually surprisingly relevant now).

but he's currently perfectly justified in his anger
I wouldn't say "perfectly". He really struggles to discriminate between "people who oppose him knowingly for a bad reason" (the bad guys, the Necromancers and the Outsiders, the entities willing to end the world), "people who oppose him knowingly for a good reason" (Thor - I am quite sure he will be converted to our side around the climax, when he sees WHY we are fighting and that we do indeed have a chance to win - despite how bad of a light others have portrayed him in, he has a point, a flawed point, but a point, and if the game strives for a happy end, said point should be defeated in a debate, and not in a fight), "people who don't exactly oppose him, but are just individuals with their individual motivations and a general lack of understanding or care for his motivations" (Eric - while he isn't exactly the best of people, he is not even there to oppose MC - he doesn't even know that MC is kind of a big deal. All he wants is to kill a dragon and to protect the chastity, honor and power of his daughter, knowing that if his daughter was to marry outside nobility, her power at the court would be ruined, just like his was. He is a scarred man, worrying deeply for his daughter, not willing to lose her like he lost his wife. I am pretty sure that if the two got together in MC's pub, with Emily at their side moderating the discussion and delivering messages from one to the other to avoid a clash of egos, they could probably come to an agreement where MC marries Emily, in one way or another) and "people who don't know better, conscripts/mercenaries tossed into the thick of the fight without knowing what they are even fighting for" (the soldiers - even Emily partakes in murdering them, for all the restraint that she is supposed to have). That is a really important thing - to preserve peace after the fight, MC needs to reject aggression (in the Non-Aggression Principle way, non-initiation of violence or threats of violence, only responding with violence as a means to end violence against him, not as a means to achieve his goals). He is a nuke - he is so powerful, the only way for him to win is to never use his power, to convince people to seek a peaceful solution instead. Else, he's just gonna make everything worse, and either lose the fight, or the world after he wins won't be much better than the world after he loses. He'd just try preserving his vision of the world, a vision individuals can actually disagree with, in the way that he knows will work for sure. God I love the themes in this game.

If the game wanted to suddenly go for a dire tone, the next act would be a great place to pull a Breaking Bad - for MC to start getting corrupted by power, for Emily to start seeming stupid and unnecessarily restrictive on the MC, to turn us the players/viewers against Emily of all people, to make her seem like a naive person believing in good when the world is consistently bad, to convince/force her to institute a brutal secret police in Camelot, all the while we cheer the protagonist on for gaining agency and protecting the world and his friends, as he keeps gaining power and inflicting harm/murdering more and more people. And honestly, with the writing the way it is right now, I see no way this doesn't happen. The trajectory is set such that even Emily is convinced that brutal, Machiavellian action needs to be taken. How would she ever convince MC that there should be limits? I don't know.

Last edited by a moderator:

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
I mean, MC does have a very short temper and is getting illusions of grandeur (is it an illusion of grandeur if you are really THAT AWESOME?). He does believe himself to be 100% righteous, his personality to be flawless, and any antagonizing force to be his enemy. This is what I mean by "he doesn't care who opposes him". And well, I mean, he does have a strong ego, which is to be expected of a person who wholeheartedly believes themselves to be a righteous man. It's very very hard to find common ground with someone when you are certainly convinced you are right, and the only people who disagree with you/don't like you are either stupid or evil (another great piece of theme, by the way. Actually surprisingly relevant now).

I wouldn't say "perfectly". He really struggles to discriminate between "people who oppose him knowingly for a bad reason" (the bad guys, the Necromancers and the Outsiders, the entities willing to end the world), "people who oppose him knowingly for a good reason" (Thor - I am quite sure he will be converted to our side around the climax, when he sees WHY we are fighting and that we do indeed have a chance to win - despite how bad of a light others have portrayed him in, he has a point, a flawed point, but a point, and if the game strives for a happy end, said point should be defeated in a debate, and not in a fight), "people who don't exactly oppose him, but are just individuals with their individual motivations and a general lack of understanding or care for his motivations" (Eric - while he isn't exactly the best of people, he is not even there to oppose MC - he doesn't even know that MC is kind of a big deal. All he wants is to kill a dragon and to protect the chastity, honor and power of his daughter, knowing that if his daughter was to marry outside nobility, her power at the court would be ruined, just like his was. He is a scarred man, worrying deeply for his daughter, not willing to lose her like he lost his wife. I am pretty sure that if the two got together in MC's pub, with Emily at their side moderating the discussion and delivering messages from one to the other to avoid a clash of egos, they could probably come to an agreement where MC marries Emily, in one way or another) and "people who don't know better, conscripts/mercenaries tossed into the thick of the fight without knowing what they are even fighting for" (the soldiers - even Emily partakes in murdering them, for all the restraint that she is supposed to have). That is a really important thing - to preserve peace after the fight, MC needs to reject aggression (in the Non-Aggression Principle way, non-initiation of violence or threats of violence, only responding with violence as a means to end violence against him, not as a means to achieve his goals). He is a nuke - he is so powerful, the only way for him to win is to never use his power, to convince people to seek a peaceful solution instead. Else, he's just gonna make everything worse, and either lose the fight, or the world after he wins won't be much better than the world after he loses. He'd just try preserving his vision of the world, a vision individuals can actually disagree with, in the way that he knows will work for sure. God I love the themes in this game.

If the game wanted to suddenly go for a dire tone, the next act would be a great place to pull a Breaking Bad - for MC to start getting corrupted by power, for Emily to start seeming stupid and unnecessarily restrictive on the MC, to turn us the players/viewers against Emily of all people, to make her seem like a naive person believing in good when the world is consistently bad, to convince/force her to institute a brutal secret police in Camelot, all the while we cheer the protagonist on for gaining agency and protecting the world and his friends, as he keeps gaining power and inflicting harm/murdering more and more people. And honestly, with the writing the way it is right now, I see no way this doesn't happen. The trajectory is set such that even Emily is convinced that brutal, Machiavellian action needs to be taken. How would she ever convince MC that there should be limits? I don't know.
In the world where MC lives sometimes brutal machiavellian action needs to be taken. When people are willingly evil or only look at their own interest like Thor did, you cannot always turn the other cheek or you will be eaten alive. Neither MC or Emily forced the nobles to commit a coup or ally themselves with the Cult, MC did not ask to be betrayed by Thor and left to die a painful cruel death since Thor was to scared to have to face his father. The fact Thor failed is not an excuse and would you leave someone that already tried to kill you once at your back and not be pretty mad at him? , even if he/she thought she had a reason. There is no police or army here you can ask to take care of business for you and independent judges. (though the new female character Val, may well be someone connected to Odin that will make a overture to a peaceful gesture to difuse the Thor situation). There are no other higher Powers you can ask for justice from anymore for MC, he is forced into a situation where only his own might can protect him and those he cares for, where other powers may be allies or adversaries.

Remember what his Dad did with all suspected cultmembers, without asking? MC against his wishes and at great worry and frustration to himself decides to let Emily go alone and try it her way out of respect of her arguments and his fears come partly true. Still MC does not kill those mercenaries at end, just says if they do resist, kill them, he does not kill the dark elf that actually helped kidnap and put his wife in danger since she was used by Cult. Pretty sure his father would have killed her without a second thought, just to make sure she was not aligned with cult.

Emily is a queen and those nobles broke their oath for their own ambitions, making her country that she feels responsible for even less stable while she knows a storm is coming and killed people she cared about. What do you expect her to do? Roll over and say I am so sorry you do not like the idea of me being ruler in my own right, go ahead take over my country, fuck it up and kill those I love and feel responsible for? They had their chance and made their choice for ambition and murdered in name of that ambition. In their world you do not answer that with diplomacy or kindness, since that is a weakness especially with the Cult involved. This is not the UN. :p

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 2107272

This is not the UN. :p
Sure, it is not the UN and sometimes you need to use force. But initiating aggression to achieve your goals is a slippery slope to tyranny. Aggression knows no right and wrong. You can be right and your initiation of it will actually bring good to the world. You can be wrong and your initiation of it will bring evil to the world. Aggression doesn't care, and you will win if you are stronger. And, let's admit it, nobody has a perfect knowledge of what is right and what is wrong. Not even Gods. Not even Seers.

No dictator, not even Hitler or Stalin, believes himself to be a bad guy. They all think that they are the necessary evil, that the world is not a nice place, and to make omelette you need to break some eggs. To them, when their plans do work and result in successes, it means that their work is paying off and they double down on what they were doing, even if their plans actually work despite their own efforts. If their plans don't work and result in misery, it means that their enemies have sabotaged their plans, and they need to double their efforts, even if these efforts are the cause of the misery in the first place. Their plans are never proven wrong to them, because a bullet doesn't care about who is right and who is wrong.

In order to not become a dictator, you need to believe that you are not perfect. You need to believe that you don't always know what is right and what is wrong. You need to be ready for a surprise and admit that it is possible that EVERYTHING you believe is wrong. When you admit that, the only way forward for you is respecting individuals and their liberties. Who knows, maybe an individual DOES know better than you in this particular instance. Especially if they are there, on the ground, making these decisions, and you are sitting up high in your own castle with a myopic vision. If you clash with an individual, there are only 3 ways forward - you can debate them, convince them that you're right, you can make a trade with them, find a compromise where both of you are reasonably happy, or you can let them do their thing, so long as they don't initiate aggression.

And no, this doesn't mean "putting the other cheek forward". You are allowed to prepare, and with enough intel, even to do a preventive strike. This means reserving violence as a last resort to stop violence, to defend yourself and those you care about. But reserving it as a last resort. Louis XIV put on his cannons "Ultima ratio regum" - the final argument of the kings. For when all else fails. Not as a hammer that turns everything into a nail and solves every problem, as MC is very willing to use it. Because when you start doing it that way, there is no way to know if you're right. With enough force, everything will be driven into the wall. Power corrupts.

Remember what his Dad did with all suspected cultmembers, without asking?
The exact same thing that Stalin did with all suspected enemies of the revolution. This is a bad thing. You don't wanna do that.

Heavy Sleeper

May 10, 2020
In the world where MC lives sometimes brutal machiavellian action needs to be taken. When people are willingly evil or only look at their own interest like Thor did, you cannot always turn the other cheek or you will be eaten alive. Neither MC or Emily forced the nobles to commit a coup or ally themselves with the Cult, MC did not ask to be betrayed by Thor and left to die a painful cruel death since Thor was to scared to have to face his father. The fact Thor failed is not an excuse and would you leave someone that already tried to kill you once at your back and not be pretty mad at him? , even if he/she thought she had a reason. There is no police or army here you can ask to take care of business for you and independent judges. (though the new female character Val, may well be someone connected to Odin that will make a overture to a peaceful gesture to difuse the Thor situation). There are no other higher Powers you can ask for justice from anymore for MC, he is forced into a situation where only his own might can protect him and those he cares for, where other powers may be allies or adversaries.

Remember what his Dad did with all suspected cultmembers, without asking? MC against his wishes and at great worry and frustration to himself decides to let Emily go alone and try it her way out of respect of her arguments and his fears come partly true. Still MC does not kill those mercenaries at end, just says if they do resist, kill them, he does not kill the dark elf that actually helped kidnap and put his wife in danger since she was used by Cult. Pretty sure his father would have killed her without a second thought, just to make sure she was not aligned with cult.

Emily is a queen and those nobles broke their oath for their own ambitions, making her country that she feels responsible for even less stable while she knows a storm is coming and killed people she cared about. What do you expect her to do? Roll over and say I am so sorry you do not like the idea of me being ruler in my own right, go ahead take over my country, fuck it up and kill those I love and feel responsible for? They had their chance and made their choice for ambition and murdered in name of that ambition. In their world you do not answer that with diplomacy or kindness, since that is a weakness especially with the Cult involved. This is not the UN. :p
pretty much all that. A hero doesn't always have to say "let's talk it about, I'm sure we could understand each other". That's the most annoying cliche every "good guy" has, and they did try that and now it's time to fight. That doesn't make the proteg into a breaking bad type character. That's makes him and his party into an epic fantasy genre heroes(which this game is). You don't just let the people who hurt those you care about go, and the fact that he could show restraint shows that he is in far more control then any other evoker(i would bet money Katie would have burn all of them by now, if she was in control of it).

This is war, not a high school drama. They can't afford to let things slide for longer then they already have. I could point to a number of books, that followed similar lines of thought and the protegs had to come to understand what it meant to be a king. Sometimes you have to take drastic actions, but don't forgot yourself in the process is usually the moral of the story.

D

Deleted member 2107272

the protegs had to come to understand what it meant to be a king.
As far as I know, what it means to be a king (or powerful royalty in general) is "being a generally shitty person". Just ask Prince Andrew. I'd rather not live in a monarchy - I really prefer my liberal democracy with strong constitutional limits on the power of rulers.

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
Sure, it is not the UN and sometimes you need to use force. But initiating aggression to achieve your goals is a slippery slope to tyranny. Aggression knows no right and wrong. You can be right and your initiation of it will actually bring good to the world. You can be wrong and your initiation of it will bring evil to the world. Aggression doesn't care, and you will win if you are stronger. And, let's admit it, nobody has a perfect knowledge of what is right and what is wrong. Not even Gods. Not even Seers.

No dictator, not even Hitler or Stalin, believes himself to be a bad guy. They all think that they are the necessary evil, that the world is not a nice place, and to make omelette you need to break some eggs. To them, when their plans do work and result in successes, it means that their work is paying off and they double down on what they were doing, even if their plans actually work despite their own efforts. If their plans don't work and result in misery, it means that their enemies have sabotaged their plans, and they need to double their efforts, even if these efforts are the cause of the misery in the first place. Their plans are never proven wrong to them, because a bullet doesn't care about who is right and who is wrong.

In order to not become a dictator, you need to believe that you are not perfect. You need to believe that you don't always know what is right and what is wrong. You need to be ready for a surprise and admit that it is possible that EVERYTHING you believe is wrong. When you admit that, the only way forward for you is respecting individuals and their liberties. Who knows, maybe an individual DOES know better than you in this particular instance. Especially if they are there, on the ground, making these decisions, and you are sitting up high in your own castle with a myopic vision. If you clash with an individual, there are only 3 ways forward - you can debate them, convince them that you're right, you can make a trade with them, find a compromise where both of you are reasonably happy, or you can let them do their thing, so long as they don't initiate aggression.

And no, this doesn't mean "putting the other cheek forward". You are allowed to prepare, and with enough intel, even to do a preventive strike. This means reserving violence as a last resort to stop violence, to defend yourself and those you care about. But reserving it as a last resort. Louis XIV put on his cannons "Ultima ratio regum" - the final argument of the kings. For when all else fails. Not as a hammer that turns everything into a nail and solves every problem, as MC is very willing to use it. Because when you start doing it that way, there is no way to know if you're right. With enough force, everything will be driven into the wall. Power corrupts.

The exact same thing that Stalin did with all suspected enemies of the revolution. This is a bad thing. You don't wanna do that.
The thing is MC actually does what you are saying, he listens to Martin when he can just use violence, he listens to Emily when she offers another course. He may not like it since it puts her in danger and it makes him frustrated and fret since he can do nothing to protect her, but he listens. He listens to advice from Booker when given. He does not attack Val, even if he may well have assessed already she is linked to Asgardian Gods, keeping a link open.

Concerning the actions of the father, well you may remember Booker saying the Horned One is one of the gods that does tend to have a way lighter touch upon his followers, so if he decides then and there to go too such length knowing more about cult and outsiders since has seen quite a few of their incursions, he might have a reason. :p

Then again part of your points is likely why the Voices would have preferred MC to die after the Thor attack if his heart and Emily's would not have been linked in a deep relation. Same as that remark from Chloe that the voices are well aware that hurting Emily or Elanora for the common good to spur MC on would be an extremely foolish thing to do.

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
As far as I know, what it means to be a king (or powerful royalty in general) is "being a generally shitty person". Just ask Prince Andrew. I'd rather not live in a monarchy - I really prefer my liberal democracy with strong constitutional limits on the power of rulers.
You may well be right in that and human history of the last few thousand years actually back up that sentiment, unfortunately MC is not given that choice though.

Heavy Sleeper

May 10, 2020
As far as I know, what it means to be a king (or powerful royalty in general) is "being a generally shitty person". Just ask Prince Andrew. I'd rather not live in a monarchy - I really prefer my liberal democracy with strong constitutional protections on the power of rulers.
are you really comparing real life royalty(which are the antagonist of these stories are usually are), to epic fantasy journey of a person who came from nothing learn how to fight the world evil to protected the people he cares about and ending up ruling over the lands to ensure the prosperity of the land? or did you never read those stories and have no idea how those are usually told? there is a lot of drama and mistakes that those people go through, but what makes them great is that they learn how to become better rulers then the ones they had to replace.

You don't just turn them evil because they made mistakes.

D

Deleted member 2107272

are you really comparing real life royalty(which are the antagonist of these stories are usually are), to epic fantasy journey of a person who came from nothing learn how to fight the world evil to protected the people he cares about and ending up ruling over the lands to ensure the prosperity of the land? or did you never read those stories and have no idea how those are usually told? there is a lot of drama and mistakes that those people go through, but what makes them great is that they learn how to become better rulers then the ones they had to replace.

You don't just turn them evil because they made mistakes.
Those generally also tend to kinda suck in reality unless they support beliefs that somehow limit their power - that is Napoleon, that is Lenin, that is Hitler, that is Castro. You don't "learn how to become a better ruler" - the best rulers for common folk are usually ones that for the most part leave them alone. Now, you can get into a political argument here, I'm not going to, I'm just gonna say that I'm not aware of a single dictatorship in history that would have built a truly pleasant society through ruling with an iron fist. The evil is not obvious in the beliefs of the ruler, the evil manifests itself when the ruler forces his beliefs upon the unwilling.

Also, that is a major gripe I keep having with like, ALL of the fantasy/alt-hist stories out there. They are all unrealistic, they are all saying essentially "Oooh, if I were Stalin, I'd fix things and make everything shine for real". I don't mind the fantasy and magic bit, but I despise oversimplifying politics or human nature in general - I don't like the thematic approval of dictatorship if the ends justify the means that it entails. This game is one glaring exception, one of a very short list. It doesn't oversimplify. At least, yet. And I really doubt it will in the future.

Last edited by a moderator:

Heavy Sleeper

May 10, 2020
Those generally also tend to kinda suck in reality unless they support beliefs that somehow limit their power - that is Napoleon, that is Lenin, that is Hitler, that is Castro. You don't "learn how to become a better ruler" - the best rulers for common folk are usually ones that for the most part leave them alone. Now, you can get into a political argument here, I'm not going to, I'm just gonna say that I'm not aware of a single dictatorship in history that would have built a truly pleasant society through ruling with an iron fist. The evil is not obvious in the beliefs of the ruler, the evil manifests itself when the ruler forces his beliefs upon the unwilling.

Also, that is a major gripe I keep having with like, ALL of the fantasy/alt-hist stories out there. They are all unrealistic, they are all saying essentially "Oooh, if I were Stalin, I'd fix things and make everything shine for real". I don't mind the fantasy and magic bit, but I despise oversimplifying politics or human nature in general - I don't like the thematic approval of dictatorship if the ends justify the means that it entails. This game is one glaring exception in a very short list. It doesn't oversimplify. At least, yet. And I really doubt it will in the future.
Then we'll have to agree to disagree. As I enjoy the fantasy aspect of that. The reason I love this genre is because of those stories, because those are not another human shit show like I see everyday. It's a story about heroes who aren't shitty like the rest of us. I hated all those hbo shows because of that, but I won't get more into that. Realism in an epic fantasy setting is extremely overrated if it takes precedence over the fantasy elements.

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
Then we'll have to agree to disagree. As I enjoy the fantasy aspect of that. The reason I love this genre is because of those stories, because those are not another human shit show like I see everyday. It's a story about heroes who aren't shitty like the rest of us. I hated all those hbo shows because of that, but I won't get more into that. Realism in an epic fantasy setting is extremely overrated if it takes precedence over the fantasy elements.
True, the actions of MC, but also others like Emily or Thor, must be seen in the context of the world Droid created, which in some ways looks a lot like our own, but is absolutely another world with another history.

It is a world where in a way might makes right still rules and a lot of the old feudal rules as well as soon as scratch under the normal seeming. This is the world MC needs to deal with, while also being burdened by his fate having to fight an evil cult and the power behind them. A power that might not even be evil as such, but so alien and anathema to the denizens of this world that a compromise with them is just completely impossible. Remember a few pantheons were already wiped out by them or were there actually some hints by Droid those pantheons sacrificed themselves and their power to stop them from entering the world?

Edit: Now to me there are a few hints that MC is/was not only created to be the hammer that stops the Outsiders and cult, but also to correct a balance that was lost when something disappeared from this world. Elanora might be a hint to that or it may be something completely different. I do not think though MC is meant to be the future ruler of the world, but to also bring about the one that is and always was and restore the balance of powers that way.

Good ending if there is any for MC is likely that he will be able to retire to Camelot when all is done with his loved ones around them, letting Emily rule Camelot.

Last edited:
Reactions: Heavy Sleeper

Heavy Sleeper

May 10, 2020
True, the actions of MC, but also others like Emily or Thor, must be seen in the context of the world Droid created, which in some ways looks a lot like our own, but is absolutely another world with another history.

It is a world where in a way might makes right still rules and a lot of the old feudal rules as well as soon as scratch under the normal seeming. This is the world MC needs to deal with, while also being burdened by his fate having to fight an evil cult and the power behind them. A power that might not even be evil as such, but so alien and anathema to the denizens of this world that a compromise with them is just completely impossible. Remember a few pantheons were already wiped out by them or were there actually some hints by Droid those pantheons sacrificed themselves and their power to stop them from entering the world?

Edit: Now to me there are a few hints that MC is/was not only created to be the hammer that stops the Outsiders and cult, but also to correct a balance that was lost when something disappeared from this world. Elanora might be a hint to that or it may be something completely different. I do not think though MC is meant to be the future ruler of the world, but to also bring about the one that is and always was and restore the balance of powers that way.

Good ending if there is any for MC is likely that he will be able to retire to Camelot when all is done with his loved ones around them, letting Emily rule.
Thank you for putting it in better words then me.

There is so much we haven't yet seen, and everything is so entangled withing a web of crazy powerful beings. The mc and his group of people just started their war, and the mc can barely understand what he is doing beyond protecting them.

Challenge

Donor
Aug 1, 2018
Droid Productions...

My amazement at your work continues. You are producing much more than a porn fantasy story here. Your fans discuss the ramifications and use/misuse of power; of diplomacy vs force. They debate the characters, their motivations and their feelings. You have brought about discussion where those who disagree are not belittled, but are thoughtfully debated.

You have a seriously epic tale going here.

After you finish this I would like to suggest you put the story into novel form and tell me where it's being published so I can get a copy. :geek: It's not just the basic fantasy story formula.

4.60 star(s) 258 Votes