Landrassa

Sep 8, 2017
All of them depend on the cards. I am right now trying out the rage-cluster strats, and well, they ARE kind of insane with the right cards, but they have a few disadvantages. What I meant is that there is no reliable companion that supplies you with rage to throw clusters into the way Katie supplies you with fire to stack on top of.
Have you met...Molly? If you put Rage gems in 4 of a Kind and Straight, a cluster in single pair and whatever utility you like(shields and lightning are great) in the rest, you'll be able to cast a massive rage on turn 1 in...I'd say 95% of games. After that the world is your oyster.

If you don't mind taking a fair bit of damage in return, combining Chloe/Akane and Molly is even more insane.

HSHS1111

Feb 8, 2019
Didn't Akane force you to have her Fox companion as well thus making that combo impossible? Did I miss something?

Jeskes

Apr 25, 2017
Is there a way to force windowed without launching the game, via some ini file for example? Ever since the start-up window with the resolution options was removed and the game has launched in full screen I get blue screen or Windows gets stuck. This was an issue before, but launching the game windowed fixed it.

Using Windows 8.1.

SnowyS

Jan 4, 2018
Have you met...Molly? If you put Rage gems in 4 of a Kind and Straight, a cluster in single pair and whatever utility you like(shields and lightning are great) in the rest, you'll be able to cast a massive rage on turn 1 in...I'd say 95% of games. After that the world is your oyster.

If you don't mind taking a fair bit of damage in return, combining Chloe/Akane and Molly is even more insane.
You can get the most done with Molly, Dylan, and Bella.
Molly + the Rage and Cluster setup you mentioned means everything dies in 3 turns max, 4 for the ice/fire lords but only if you're unlucky, and Bella can fix that
Dylan means you never run out of health
Bella gives you +5 moves

Without Dylan, you can do more damage, but you will run out of health eventually, and have to rest.
Basically, having Dylan instead of Akane:
occasionally, killing a fire or ice elemental lord will take 4 moves instead of 3 (with Bella's special attack it's almost always 3, but without her you need a pair available turn 1 and 2 to get 2 4-of-a-kinds)
daemon prince, draugr lord and minotaur lord will almost always die in 3 turns, and regular daemon almost always in 2 turns (unless there are no pairs at all so you can't get 4-of-a-kind on turn one)
everything else is a turn 2 kill no matter what

Akane is not worth saving 1 turn on a few fights every once in a while... I did the all-chosen run just once, to get the events, then back to Dylan :p

And, I used to go all fire, but it's just sooooo much weaker at this point. Especially against the highest exp enemies in the game right now, the fire elemental lord.

Last edited:

SnowyS

Jan 4, 2018
I did an updated public build; mostly it adds fixes to the various issues raised here, or on Discord. I also added in a couple of new events with Valery, and a new book. This sets up Act V+, the next public release.

, thanks to discord and forum regular Landrassa.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I'm not getting the charisma from the first read of Threads of Love (was at 53, stays at 53). All remaining reads work fine.

Reactions: Droid Productions

pstear

May 21, 2020
Started a new game with this version , as for me a lot of the fun is trying to work with what you have available and try new things . Also allows me to make a whole new set of mistakes !

Went into Elsewhere with Emily and Dylan for a change . Had not thought to change gems , which were a couple of moderate shields and the rest mainly ice . Ran into an ice elemental first up , on some boards I was doing no damage but my shields got over 300+ ( now learnt to always put guaranteed damage on the pair ! )

Has anyone experimented with a setup that stops damage first , so you win in the long run ?????

Dracconic Evolution

Feb 28, 2020
Seems Val is not showing up in the Crowley unless after 10 days of skipping time, going to bed, wash rinse repeat isn't enough time for her to show up????

Laran83

Dec 6, 2019
My poker tactics for Elsewhere.

Molly Chloe and who ever you want(i take bella for the 5 extra moves at the camp site, and ingredients on treasure chests)

All lightning crystals except flawless damage crystal on straight flush or royal flush

replace the centre card for a joker with Chloe, swap your hand for full jokers with Molly

Then work diagonally getting 4 of a kind with lightning, use some low numbers 3 of a kind if you have straight flush otherwise just keep using jokers to get 2x royal flush. Even with Molly's damage output reduction its 700-800 damage when that flawless kicks in depending on your str and i never had to flee elsewhere once from the time i got Molly.

this tactic works for me on the hardest difficulty found that about 60-70ish chr works best for the build. for faster recharge speed so Molly is ready every 2 rounds, but can use Chloe's give jokers as a stop gap until then earlier on.

note this is for exp grinding not for fighting specific battles with certain players.

Last edited:

random2141

Sep 25, 2018
What are people spending their money on? I'm at about £2,000 going into act v and wondering if I should just buy more gem diversity

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
What are people spending their money on? I'm at about £2,000 going into act v and wondering if I should just buy more gem diversity
You can change gems before the first card is played in combat. As we get more advanced enemies, and enemies with immunities to things like poison, having the ability to swap between hands will become useful.

balzemonn

Dec 5, 2018
I seem to be stuck on the morning of day 93. After I finish talking to Chloe about Emily's letter I am left in the Crowley with only the Jukebox. No navigation icons or people on the screen. I've reloaded the day several times, reloaded the game, reloaded the last autosave from that morning, but I always end up stuck in the Crowley.

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
I seem to be stuck on the morning of day 93. After I finish talking to Chloe about Emily's letter I am left in the Crowley with only the Jukebox. No navigation icons or people on the screen. I've reloaded the day several times, reloaded the game, reloaded the last autosave from that morning, but I always end up stuck in the Crowley.
Could you send me the savegame, let me see if I can work out what went wrong.
PC: %USERPROFILE%/AppData/LocalLow/Droid Productions/Love of Magic
OSX: ~/Library/Application Support/Droid Productions/Love of Magic
Linux: $XDG_CONFIG_HOME/unity3d/Droid Productions/Love of Magic

As a quick-fix, this is caused by a flag (NO_EXIT) that should be cleared at the end of that conversation.

Press ctrl+j to open up the debug menu, find the flag (bottom left) called NO_EXIT and uncheck it.

Reactions: Real Kreten

Star Dude

Jan 13, 2019
I had the same thing happen, same place and time and could not get it past that point but I could save at that point so I did. It was late so I left it for the next day planning to attach a save game here, but when I loaded the save from the problem spot again, I was past the problem and could play on without issues.

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
I had the same thing happen, same place and time and could not get it past that point but I could save at that point so I did. It was late so I left it for the next day planning to attach a save game here, but when I loaded the save from the problem spot again, I was past the problem and could play on without issues.
Damn. Okay, so a save won't help me, but it seems reproducible. Will check it out, thanks.

4.60 star(s) 258 Votes