Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Is there a way to force windowed without launching the game, via some ini file for example? Ever since the start-up window with the resolution options was removed and the game has launched in full screen I get blue screen or Windows gets stuck. This was an issue before, but launching the game windowed fixed it.

Using Windows 8.1.
That's a really weird one.

First thing, let's try the 64 bit version, see if that has a better result:

If it still doesn't, let me know, I'll see if I can add a command line switch for you.

Reactions: Real Kreten

Jeskes

Apr 25, 2017
Thank you both. I found a way around this. Deleting the folder from locallow did not help, neither did using a 32-bit version or replacing the system file.

I noticed that the blue screen happens at the very beginning during the intro sequence with the Unity logo etc. This part is in fullscreen.

As long as I kept another window active my computer wouldn't let the intro window enter fullscreen mode and it would run its course and eventually the game would launch in windowed mode. At this point I could play normally without issues.

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Thank you both. I found a way around this. Deleting the folder from locallow did not help, neither did using a 32-bit version or replacing the system file.

I noticed that the blue screen happens at the very beginning during the intro sequence with the Unity logo etc. This part is in fullscreen.

As long as I kept another window active my computer wouldn't let the intro window enter fullscreen mode and it would run its course and eventually the game would launch in windowed mode. At this point I could play normally without issues.
Weird as hell. Let me see if I can set up a command line on the next public build.

pstear

May 21, 2020
Looks like Love of Magic stores the screen setup in the registry , see attached , which if its screwed is probably the cause of your problems . Seen other software do the same sort of thing .

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
I think that's something Unity does automatically; I write all setup information to system.sav in the savegame folder.
PC: %USERPROFILE%/AppData/LocalLow/Droid Productions/Love of Magic
OSX: ~/Library/Application Support/Droid Productions/Love of Magic
Linux: $XDG_CONFIG_HOME/unity3d/Droid Productions/Love of Magic

ut1stgear1

May 2, 2020
As far as I can tell every platform will do the same thing as long as the author of a game takes the time to input the necessary information.

123456bob

Jul 28, 2018
Wow... could you get me the log file, let's see what the hell happened ? :)

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Can we have an addon to new game + where we fight the dragon again? Maybe it's a dream? Or maybe the hero goes to a location to 'meditate' and can re-do boss fights?

Would be fun to test out different builds (like a mega training dummy). You could also use the dragon to learn how to make new enemies for the next chapters by having different tweaks like 'reflect damage' or other options to break the current META builds.

Real Kreten

Apr 10, 2020
It took me almost a month, but I finally got to the end of the V Act. I started from the beginning therefore such a time. Moreover, all too often it happened to me that I was trapped by Emilly's gaze and could not take my eyes off her.

The story moves nicely, so let's see if MC can handle one act without visiting brink of death.

The game has been filled with animations that inhale new life to it. Although my favorite is still Emilly's face when she alternately looks in front of herself and down with a shy smile (see trapped above).

In recent weeks there has been a large amount of sex, where it is interesting to compare scenes driven more by text and scenes with animations. The first ones give me a deeper sense of complexity, while the latter are more about shallow beauty. It is probably best to continue to use both and not go down the modern trend with just animations.

In the end, I would just write, I also like the book "The Wheel of Time", or 15 books with 4,410,036 words. These are my favorite books.

Reactions: Droid Productions

pstear

May 21, 2020
Can we have an addon to new game + where we fight the dragon again? Maybe it's a dream? Or maybe the hero goes to a location to 'meditate' and can re-do boss fights?

Would be fun to test out different builds (like a mega training dummy). You could also use the dragon to learn how to make new enemies for the next chapters by having different tweaks like 'reflect damage' or other options to break the current META builds.
A stand alone arena option for the poker game would be good , to allow people to try things out and practice . Then I might actually see the side events when I am playing the game instead of disappearing off into Elsewhere at every opportunity .

If Droid really wants to become a multi billionaire , a stand alone version of the poker game for android is probably the way to go !

pstear

May 21, 2020
I think that's something Unity does automatically; I write all setup information to system.sav in the savegame folder.
I don't know enough about Unity , from what is being described I would be concerned that Unity was going to the registry itself before starting Love of Magic

pstear

May 21, 2020
It took me almost a month, but I finally got to the end of the V Act. I started from the beginning therefore such a time. Moreover, all too often it happened to me that I was trapped by Emilly's gaze and could not take my eyes off her.

The story moves nicely, so let's see if MC can handle one act without visiting brink of death.

The game has been filled with animations that inhale new life to it. Although my favorite is still Emilly's face when she alternately looks in front of herself and down with a shy smile (see trapped above).

In recent weeks there has been a large amount of sex, where it is interesting to compare scenes driven more by text and scenes with animations. The first ones give me a deeper sense of complexity, while the latter are more about shallow beauty. It is probably best to continue to use both and not go down the modern trend with just animations.

In the end, I would just write, I also like the book "The Wheel of Time", or 15 books with 4,410,036 words. These are my favorite books.
Considering how long those books took to write , if Droid keeps going at this pace the these games are going to be bigger !

Now might be the time to pause and tidy things up . I do know a bit about programming , usually when writing a new program you actually take something you have done before and bash it about a bit . What we have in terms of code for book one is likely to provide the basis of the next books , so it needs to be right .

crabsinthekitchen

Apr 28, 2020
Yep, Unity stores player preferences in the registry. Unless you're making a WIndows Store app, then it saves it to a file. Or if you're using anything other than Windows it also saves it to a file. There are ways to write preferences to a file but you'd need to ask someone who spent more time with Unity than 5 minutes on Google

freee

Aug 17, 2017
Excellent game.

Can anyone tell me if this is a bug or working as intended?
I completed Black Rose 2 just before Act 4. In Act 4, MC can no longer read at night at the cafe. Jenny gives MC the usual cafe is closed without giving the option to tell her it is MC. She still recognizes MC in morning and evening.
However, if I go to Debug mode and uncheck the black_rose2_complete flag, MC can read at night again. When the flag is checked, Jenny goes back to ignoring MC at nights

Last edited:

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Excellent game.

I completed Black Rose 2 just before Act 4. In Act 4, MC can no longer read at night at the cafe. Jenny gives MC the usual cafe is closed without giving the option to tell her it is MC. She still recognizes MC in morning and evening.
However, if I go to Debug mode and uncheck the black_rose2_complete flag, MC can read at night again
No, that's weird.

Can you get me the full savegame folder? Just zip it up and dump it here.

You can find it at:
Windows %USERPROFILE%/AppData/LocalLow/Droid Productions\Love of Magic
OSX ~/Library/Application Support/Droid Productions/Love of Magic
Linux $XDG_CONFIG_HOME/unity3d/Droid Productions/Love of Magic

Reactions: Real Kreten

Real Kreten

Apr 10, 2020
Excellent game.

However, if I go to Debug mode and uncheck the black_rose2_complete flag, MC can read at night again
In the game, you have the night period when you can still do something, and then you have the night period when you have already done something that night. Isn't that a problem?

Many evening events take up the night. You can easily verify it. If you can't read a book but can work in a pub or go for a beer, then it's a bug. If the game does not allow any of the night activities, then you have already exhausted your night action.

freee

Aug 17, 2017
In the game, you have the night period when you can still do something, and then you have the night period when you have already done something that night. Isn't that a problem?

Many evening events take up the night. You can easily verify it. If you can't read a book but can work in a pub or go for a beer, then it's a bug. If the game does not allow any of the night activities, then you have already exhausted your night action.
No, it is definitely not the later part of night. I tried as soon as the time changed from Evening to Night (without any event in between)

No, that's weird.

Can you get me the full savegame folder? Just zip it up and dump it here.

You can find it at:
Windows %USERPROFILE%/AppData/LocalLow/Droid Productions\Love of Magic
OSX ~/Library/Application Support/Droid Productions/Love of Magic
Linux $XDG_CONFIG_HOME/unity3d/Droid Productions/Love of Magic
Can I just attach the save files or do you need the whole folder? There are a few files in that folder I am not comfortable sharing

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Can I just attach the save files or do you need the whole folder? There are a few files in that folder I am not comfortable sharing
Sure; all I really need is the last save before you're about to run into the problem, and ideally the player.log and player-prev.log (the console output logs).

4.60 star(s) 258 Votes