pstear

May 21, 2020
You can change gems before the first card is played in combat. As we get more advanced enemies, and enemies with immunities to things like poison, having the ability to swap between hands will become useful.
Switching gems is interesting , but does not seem like something you should be able to do in combat

As a poker addict the idea of advanced enemies sounds good .... Variation to keep people on their toes and not just doing the same old thing ! The one idea I can think of from comments here is a weak enemy who reflects a percentage of damage back . So if you go for overkill all the time you get hurt back !

Evilfowl

Aug 5, 2017
Damn. Okay, so a save won't help me, but it seems reproducible. Will check it out, thanks.
Just to lend a hand, I also had this same issue, the problem seems to be that Chloe sometimes doesn't appear after your conversation with her when she tells you the stationary is behind the counter. Saving and reloading at the location will make Chloe reappear.

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Just to lend a hand, I also had this same issue, the problem seems to be that Chloe sometimes doesn't appear after your conversation with her when she tells you the stationary is behind the counter. Saving and reloading at the location will make Chloe reappear.
Thanks for the repro. I've found it and fixed it. Just haven't done a new public build yet; will likely roll out the Steam/Beta today.

Guyin Cognito

Gentleman Pervert
Donor
Feb 23, 2018
I can't believe I waited so long to play this game, and I never would have expected to see someone asking themselves
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I actually laughed out loud.
My only complaint so far is that of all the times for a game to mercifully not allow a "BAD END," I'm kind of disappointed there wasn't one for that first homework assignment with Molly.

Reactions: Droid Productions

balzemonn

Dec 5, 2018
This proved to be the case. Removing the "no_exit" flag brought back the icons but the real issue was Chloe playing hide and seek. A Quick Save and Quick Load at that point fixed it. Thank you all for your help! :giggle:

Reactions: Droid Productions

Raptus Puellae

Mar 23, 2020
Started a new game with this version , as for me a lot of the fun is trying to work with what you have available and try new things . Also allows me to make a whole new set of mistakes !

Went into Elsewhere with Emily and Dylan for a change . Had not thought to change gems , which were a couple of moderate shields and the rest mainly ice . Ran into an ice elemental first up , on some boards I was doing no damage but my shields got over 300+ ( now learnt to always put guaranteed damage on the pair ! )

Has anyone experimented with a setup that stops damage first , so you win in the long run ?????
lightning&poison... you stun the enemy and inflict poison.. if you play it right, you don't take any damage but while filling the board cancause 2-4k damage to the enemy
My only complaint so far is that of all the times for a game to mercifully not allow a "BAD END," I'm kind of disappointed there wasn't one for that first homework assignment with Molly.
who needs BAD ENDS when the good act ends are horrible

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Can we complete side quest at any time? Even in the end of version?
I added a "Game+" mode, which allows you to keep playing, and including stat grinding + side-quests. I try to balance the total content of book 1 (Act I-VI) for 115 days, though, so if you use 200 days, it's going to feel like there's not enough side-content.

Reactions: Jay 7676
D

Deleted member 2107272

For some reason the script didn't work so I had to ACTUALLY KILL FUCKING DRAGON! Though it took a loooong time.
Reminds me of the original Starcraft mission where you are supposed to be defeated, but there's a way to cheese it and survive

mag5246

Jun 3, 2017
Wow... could you get me the log file, let's see what the hell happened ? :)

My saves was bugged so I decided to play from start. Did't want to grind so cheated all stats to 50 in first days (and money too). Then I got involved and pumped them up to 100)
This was enough for Emily to absorb most of the damage, Dylan was able to maintain health. So I could slowly scratch his health)

pstear

May 21, 2020
Just finished a complete playthrough of this version and the game for me is one of the best around .

Although the main story stays the same , this game really requires several playthroughs to truly experience what is available . Its not grindy , but I get addicted to the poker and tend to miss the side events .

I don't know what Droids plans are , but this could still do with some work on it before rushing into the next book . Especially if some code is reused .

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
Just finished a complete playthrough of this version and the game for me is one of the best around .

Although the main story stays the same , this game really requires several playthroughs to truly experience what is available . Its not grindy , but I get addicted to the poker and tend to miss the side events .

I don't know what Droids plans are , but this could still do with some work on it before rushing into the next book . Especially if some code is reused .
Yeah if he could make some of the sex scenes repeatable, that could help some possibly. The Katie early fight scene and a Molly scene at the ballet studio could be easy candidates for that and Chloe in bathroom for an evening or night that you have nothing special to do.

pstear

May 21, 2020
Is there a way to force windowed without launching the game, via some ini file for example? Ever since the start-up window with the resolution options was removed and the game has launched in full screen I get blue screen or Windows gets stuck. This was an issue before, but launching the game windowed fixed it.

Using Windows 8.1.
In the settings option on the first menu of the last two public releases there is an option to launch fullscreen , the default is actually windowed . If the previous version is working , use it to make sure fullscreen is off !

I am not sure where these settings are stored , in c:\users search for a file called system.sav , this might be it , but it does not appear to be editable . I have attached a copy from my pc . My version is set to open windowed , but poker hints are turned off !

The other thing to try is the 32 bit version rather than 64 bit . I use windows 8.0 and it struggles with the latest versions of unity , the 32 bit seems better . It is rapidly getting to the point where windows 8 just is not good enough for these games .

4.60 star(s) 258 Votes