desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
Are any of you able to visualize Akane's shuffle? My mind just cannot grasp it lol. It would literally take me like 20 minutes to carefully consider every shuffle possibility and choose the optimal one. I feel like its just a random shuffle button in practice :(

sillyrobot

Engaged Member
Apr 22, 2019
Are any of you able to visualize Akane's shuffle? My mind just cannot grasp it lol. It would literally take me like 20 minutes to carefully consider every shuffle possibility and choose the optimal one. I feel like its just a random shuffle button in practice :(
It took me about 15 minutes of solid study to get the base down. I find it most useful if the row/columns have the same lowest or highest card. It's harder to see straights/flushes.

Reactions: desmosome

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
Ok just finished act 5. As always, it was amazingly epic :D

I'm sure it's coming in the next act with where the plot is going, but I feel like some more combat scenarios outside of Elsewhere would be nice. Basically I view the Elsewhere as the grinding spot. Combat there is fun, but I want to use the power I gain from there in real consequential fights.

Something like a series of fights that lead up to a real boss fight, not just a scripted boss fight.

Reactions: Real Kreten

crabsinthekitchen

Apr 28, 2020
It took me about 15 minutes of solid study to get the base down. I find it most useful if the row/columns have the same lowest or highest card. It's harder to see straights/flushes.
flushes are easy, if there are 3 clubs or 3 spades on a board, then you get a flush. I'm still forgetting how cards of the same suit get sorted though

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Probably best to not post the Dropbox links; last time I used it for distribution (to my Patreons), it got too many downloads and in retaliation Dropbox locked my account for 24 hrs :( Now would not be a great time for that to happen again. Also, be aware that I'm still cleaning out bugs and finishing one last story chunk before the public release.

As always; if you want to test out latest Beta builds, feel free to join us on .

Last edited:

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017

For a bit of fun I decided to rewrite the card rendering algorithm; the cards are now animating rigid bodies, and the material's been updated with a simple Normal Map shader I added.

normal_mapped_cards.png
While I was at it, I added in a collectible system; you can now unlock the card backgrounds through side quests and story progression, and lets you chose which card background you want to use in Poker and Elsewhere
normal_mapped_cards2.png

Now, back to finishing up the writing; I've got a final scene to do, and then bugs to kill.

card_back_diana.png

M3H1

Jun 7, 2017
I couldn't grasp it either, and for a long time I didn't pick her.

I learned how to use her by laying out real cards on a table. I practiced predicting what Akane's various shuffles would do by comparing my prediction to a game result. I was able to figure out what I misunderstood, or overlooked. After a short time, I could do it in my head.

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018

I learned how to use her by laying out real cards on a table. I practiced predicting what Akane's various shuffles would do by comparing my prediction to a game result. I was able to figure out what I misunderstood, or overlooked. After a short time, I could do it in my head.
that's some dedication right there (y)

Reactions: Droid Productions

Gary Bertrand

Sep 30, 2017
Probably best to not post the Dropbox links; last time I used it for distribution (to my Patreons), it got too many downloads and in retaliation Dropbox locked my account for 24 hrs :( Now would not be a great time for that to happen again. Also, be aware that I'm still cleaning out bugs and finishing one last story chunk before the public release.

As always; if you want to test out latest Beta builds, feel free to join us on .
Dam sorry i will remove link dident you got in crap over it last time thanks for letting me know sorry again and I all ready joined your discord on everyday

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Dam sorry i will remove link dident you got in crap over it last time thanks for letting me know sorry again and I all ready joined your discord on everyday
No worries :) It's more just that losing the ability to easily distribute builds for testing would suck right before a release :D

Dark Candy 19

May 8, 2020
Love of Magic is a nice game indeed nice and amazing features and the characters like Emily and chole are quite lovely . Thanks Droid for the nice game.

pstear

May 21, 2020

that's some dedication right there (y)
To true , I spent a chunk of my last playthrough trying out Akane/Kitsume/Dylan . It takes some work to understand and is maybe never going to be the most powerful combination . But personally , having made the effort , I found it one of the most fun to use .

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
To true , I spent a chunk of my last playthrough trying out Akane/Kitsume/Dylan . It takes some work to understand and is maybe never going to be the most powerful combination . But personally , having made the effort , I found it one of the most fun to use .
In terms of pure Power, I think a 'chosen' run is likely the strongest option. (Molly/Akane/Bella). Molly and Akane play off each other *really* well, and Bella then clears out any pesky shields opponents might have.

Apart from that, next version (0.5.14b) is uploading.

4.60 star(s) 258 Votes