Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
When's the next season starting? Can anyone say?
The beta builds for Act VI are staring in a couple of days. :) The next *season*.... Book 2? If so, I'll probably finish book 1 in 6-8 weeks, then do a bug-fixing pass, then do the steam stuff, then the steam release, and THEN finally start on Book 2. It's still months away :)

Twistty

The Happy Beaver
Donor
Respected User
Former Staff
Sep 9, 2016
....... then the steam release....... :)
About the - Sorry if this is off topic.
(I am following your game there...but...)

I assume that you will be selling the game on as well?

Have you considered a release also?
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
It's nice to see games being completed ;)
Although I do not often support a Dev on - I have no issue supporting a developer financially - for which I already enjoyed.
It's a trend I see more often now (developers listing games for sale after completion) - than just a short time ago - and one I fully support!

Thanks for your time Droid Productions - really enjoying this game so far.
Great story, characters, and some fun gameplay!

P.s. -The new cards look great!
YqX2uU.png
Also love watching your videos

Reactions: Droid Productions

pstear

May 21, 2020

I assume that you will be selling the game on as well?

Have you considered a release also?
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
It nice to see games being completed ;)
Although I do not often support a Dev on - I have no issue supporting a developer financially - for which I already enjoyed.
It's a trend I see more often now (developers listing games for sale after completion) - than just a short time ago - and one I fully support!

Thanks for your time Droid Productions - really enjoying this game so far.
Great story, characters, and some fun gameplay!
View attachment 794334
Part of the problem with paying for games is there being a payment option that people feel happy to use .

Apart from really being a big fan of this game , one of the reasons I try to be as helpful as I can on this forum is to give something back .

Twistty

The Happy Beaver
Donor
Respected User
Former Staff
Sep 9, 2016
pstear - Not all support is financial.
Simply taking the time for rating a good game - as being good, mentioning the game to others, and testing new features, etc. - goes a long way as well;)

" Apart from really being a big fan of this game , one of the reasons I try to be as helpful as I can on this forum is to give something back ."
- If I was a game dev - that statement alone would make me smile :)

sillyrobot

Engaged Member
Apr 22, 2019
ARRRGHH! I only kept a save at the end of Act V and it auto-quits to the menu! Oh well, I guess I'll be forced to play the game again to see the last few updates. What hardship!

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
i have bug after 27 september. at date with emily. after dialogue nothing happens i cant leave the otherworld.
That's weird. Could you zip up the save folderand send it over?
PC: %USERPROFILE%/AppData/LocalLow/Droid Productions/Love of Magic
OSX: ~/Library/Application Support/Droid Productions/Love of Magic
Linux: $XDG_CONFIG_HOME/unity3d/Droid Productions/Love of Magic

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
I'm still trying to work out the details; this was originally just a hobby, and since I supported the game here I didn't want to sell it elsewhere. Having said that, 2020 has been... rough. Enough so that the Patreon funding for LoM has been the bulk of my earning this year. At that point it makes sense to start thinking about eventually selling the game on Steam, rather than just releasing it for free.

What will likely happen is that once Book 1 is complete (and the steam stuff done), I release the game on Steam/Itch/GameJolt (and Nutaku, if I can work out how to do it), probably at a $10 pricetag. Book 2 will be a new EXE, though it will use the same savegames, and will start (ingame) on 1st January 2020. I'll be handling Book 2 the same way I did Book 1, with each act released for free here, itch, gamejolt, etc.

Glad you're enjoying it :)

Reactions: Real Kreten

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
pstear - Not all support is financial.
Simply taking the time for rating a good game - as being good, mentioning the game to others, and testing new features, etc. - goes a long way as well;)

" Apart from really being a big fan of this game , one of the reasons I try to be as helpful as I can on this forum is to give something back ."
- If I was a game dev - that statement alone would make me smile :)
Yeah, the Discord community for Love of Magic has been totally critical in keeping me going. I think it's also important to note that a lot of my fans come from word of mouth, so a good way to help out if just to recommend the game if you think someone would enjoy it. As always, if you like the game, tell your friends. If there's something you don't like, tell me :)

M3H1

Jun 7, 2017
To true , I spent a chunk of my last playthrough trying out Akane/Kitsume/Dylan . It takes some work to understand and is maybe never going to be the most powerful combination . But personally , having made the effort , I found it one of the most fun to use .
Akane & Molly deliver like the Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch.

Wildbill5150

Oct 6, 2018
Hi I'm curious is the tentacle content avoidable?? If not is the person it happens to avoidable? I'm not really into that kind of thing so was just wondering if it was forced? Not into a romance, harem game were one of my LI are sexed by tentacles??
Thank you for your time :)

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Hi I'm curious is the tentacle content avoidable?? If not is the person it happens to avoidable? I'm not really into that kind of thing so was just wondering if it was forced? Not into a romance, harem game were one of my LI are sexed by tentacles??
The event isn't avoidable, but the cavalry arrives in time to save the day. I should really change the screenshots; that one's an early act I screen. It's an epic romance game, so while things occasionally try to get frisky with your harem everyone who tries will end up BBQ'ed.

Reactions: Wildbill5150

Real Kreten

Apr 10, 2020
You save her before penetration, so no fear.

crabsinthekitchen

Apr 28, 2020
there are only two scenes with tentacles, in one you save a girl before things go bad, the other one is avoidable (but funny)

PirateRNG

Feb 6, 2020
That's weird. Could you zip up the save folderand send it over?
PC: %USERPROFILE%/AppData/LocalLow/Droid Productions/Love of Magic
OSX: ~/Library/Application Support/Droid Productions/Love of Magic
Linux: $XDG_CONFIG_HOME/unity3d/Droid Productions/Love of Magic
Thanks for help!
Unfortunately i have downloaded others saves( So they have mixed up( but my are the first ones

4.60 star(s) 258 Votes