Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Okay, this is a little bit of a tangent, but it might be fun for some of you. Someone on the discord asked what the various songs in the game were; it's all in the Jukebox, but I thought I might as well spit it out to the Wiki (most of the wiki is auto-generated from ingame data, to keep it consistent).

Once I got started on THAT... how hard would it be to link the Youtube videos for each of the songs automatically?
(...1 hr later, and lots of swearing about markdown syntax...)

There you go; all the music tracks for Love of Magic, complete with links to youtube videos and the creators.

Real Kreten

Apr 10, 2020
View attachment 839606

The dev above this post, is just awesome. If only half were as nice as Droid ^_^.
Some time ago I saw a post where someone asked about Droid's experience with players in his thread.
Droid replied then that he was lucky to have only positive experiences with the fans here.

I don't think it's about luck. I think that he took care of an environment here in the thread with his friendly approach and help to everyone who needed it, that it is a result.

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
And Paradise Lust is live on F95 and Unlike Love of Magic, where I'm doing everything, on Paradise Lust I do code and some design. There's an actual writer, as well as artists and a scripter to do the heavy lifting. Engine's the same as for Love of Magic, though it's diverging as the needs differ. One thing that got a LOT more focus was the backgrounds, which all have little animating touches and a day/night cycle.

pstear

May 21, 2020
This is more of a casual thought than anything else

Is there any way of adding your own music into the game ???? What is there is quite good but I just fancy trying something with more of a gaelic feel

Retor

Apr 7, 2020
And Paradise Lust is live on F95 and Unlike Love of Magic, where I'm doing everything, on Paradise Lust I do code and some design. There's an actual writer, as well as artists and a scripter to do the heavy lifting. Engine's the same as for Love of Magic, though it's diverging as the needs differ. One thing that got a LOT more focus was the backgrounds, which all have little animating touches and a day/night cycle.

LoM and Paradise Lust are two extreme ends. Love of Magic deals with Royal troubles of falling in love with a princess and finding out your hidden magic and using it for your survival. Paradise Lust deals with getting lost on a deserted island and your survival skills in handling the same with no magic to your rescue. Right Droid Productions ?

Reactions: Droid Productions

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
This is more of a casual thought than anything else

Is there any way of adding your own music into the game ???? What is there is quite good but I just fancy trying something with more of a gaelic feel
Of hand, no... it's likely possible (I've seen people making media players with Unity), but it's going to be a bit non-trivial. Might be something like a text file override or something.

AShortBusVet

Apr 25, 2020
Does anyone happen to have a game save at the end of act IV? It's been a bit and I thought I'd get back to the game now that it's been updated, but apparently I zipped up the wrong folder and lost my save when I was forced to reload windows.

Any help would be appreciated.

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Does anyone happen to have a game save at the end of act IV? It's been a bit and I thought I'd get back to the game now that it's been updated, but apparently I zipped up the wrong folder and lost my save when I was forced to reload windows.

Any help would be appreciated.
Act I-V end of act savegames.

You can change the character's names on the computer.

sillyrobot

Engaged Member
Apr 22, 2019

May you achieve great success with both!

Reactions: Droid Productions

Adry Lemon

Jul 17, 2020
Both on the Discord and in the threads here on F95 there's a very nice "atmosphere" and the involvement of Droid helps a lot with keeping it that way.

LoM's story is what got me here and the story plus the community are keeping me here.

Reactions: Real Kreten

Retor

Apr 7, 2020
As far as I can remember I wanted a change from the normal boring kids gameplay. That was when I stumbled upon Making Movies. Then moved to Love of Magic (I think I started playing LoM from v 3.24b)Once I got hooked on to playing it. The reason being the story and the characterizations. The story and the characterizations got me into this and now the Story, characterizations and the community is keeping me here. :) and am loving every bit of it

Thanks Droid Productions Adry Lemon

Retor

Apr 7, 2020
Adry Lemon Being Modest. I am giving you credit for keeping the entire team on the Discord Server. We are a team as far as it goes.

Thanks to Droid Productions for the games. I still remember the good old days when LoM was an initial build and now it has come a long way. Life is giving you lemons.... so it is up to you whether you make it into a lemonade or a bootleg cocktail

4.60 star(s) 258 Votes