Adry Lemon

Jul 17, 2020
Sorry to be a bother, did you by any chance had time to take a look at my save regarding snowdrop issue? Thank you!
Go to your bathroom at the early night and take a shower. Snowdrop will show up. After that is done go to a Shrine the next time you are in Elsewhere.

I used your save and got the Bathroom event and the Shine event both in the next possible moment.

jabjijapogo

Aug 26, 2018
Go to your bathroom at the early night and take a shower. Snowdrop will show up. After that is done go to a Shrine the next time you are in Elsewhere.

I used your save and got the Bathroom event and the Shine event both in the next possible moment.
Thank you. I just never went for the shower :)) now that came out wrong :))

Reactions: Adry Lemon

Adry Lemon

Jul 17, 2020
because there's Grassmarket that might increase strength. I always have to remind myself to take a shower after getting new outfits for Chloe

or StarCucks, poor Jenny worked so many unpaid nights because I wanted to read
Grassmarket can give any stat
Starcucks for any stat depending on the book you have.
Shower for Cha (random chance)
Gym for Str (1 Str. per 2 sessions)
Library for Int (1int per 3 sessions)

pstear

May 21, 2020
Part of the fun of any game is discovering new things and this game has a lot that is hidden away

It's not that Grindy, theres no other things to do in those timeslots and you gain most stats from going into Elsewhere to fight mobs anyway.

I'm not one for grinding endlessly myself so.
One thing I am not sure about Elsewhere is whether the monsters level with you , in which case you just find yourself fighting harder opponents if you only use Elsewhere to increase stats . Which is why I like getting some STR outside of Elsewhere to help .

Books give the best return for your time and you can always read them in the evening when you can't access Elsewhere if you don't need the cash from working in the Crowley

Personally I don't find this game grindy at all , if I run into problems in Elsewhere its usually my bad play .

Reactions: Adry Lemon

Adry Lemon

Jul 17, 2020
Monsters in Elsewhere do not scale but there are degrees of difficulty from 2's to "J"s, i do think it's "in the works" though if i recall a conversation on discord correctly.

The first 15points in each stat need to come from none Elsewhere sources and the books/reading is indeed the best ROI you can get. However at the start you might want to conserve some money to buy gems from the Quartermaster.

Reactions: pstear

pstear

May 21, 2020
Monsters in Elsewhere do not scale but there are degrees of difficulty from 2's to "J"s, i do think it's "in the works" though if i recall a conversation on discord correctly.

The first 15points in each stat need to come from none Elsewhere sources and the books/reading is indeed the best ROI you can get. However at the start you might want to conserve some money to buy gems from the Quartermaster.
Thanks , if this is true then the increase in difficulty is probably over time . You still get a trade off between stats and gems , the sooner the stats go up the sooner you level up ????

Having accidentally started with a CHR 0 character before , this makes income from the Crowley low due to lots of failures . So lots of showers and money on books to be able to work the Crowley for cash can be the way to go in certain circumstances .

Adry Lemon

Jul 17, 2020
Experience is linked to Intellect, best way to gain Cha at the start is indeed Showers and Grassmarket.

If you want to know more, send me a message on discord and i'll happily explain.

Last edited:

greggus

Jul 18, 2017
We are past release date on steam so, can U tell us how much work last act needed yet? It will be one day, one week, month?

pstear

May 21, 2020
We are past release date on steam so, can U tell us how much work last act needed yet? It will be one day, one week, month?
Below is the last update from Droid which was on the 20th October

As for where I am now; last night's beta was to the end of day 106 (Dec 22nd). There's 9 days and 4 big timeline events left in Act VI (XMas Party with the Knights on the 24th, Xmas with Emily the 25th, Emily's Birthday the 27th and finally Hogmanay on the 31st), as well as some smaller backfill and location text.
Sounds like a lot of creative story which may need multiple tries to get right .

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
I'm writing XMas eve today; hopefully tomorrow's beta will have Xmas Day. Last day of Book 1 is Dec 31st, so.. that puts me a week away in game time. How long that takes to write depends on real life; with Xmas Day party done, it's just two more big events left before the Book is done (Emily's Birthday on the 27th and New Years' Eve party). But it'll need some smaller filler events to go with it, so likely ~2-3 weeks; I should really update the Steam page, since even beyond that I've got more work to do for a steam launch (achievements, primarily).

4.60 star(s) 258 Votes