poovey

Mar 19, 2018
that part alone is proof of the fact you don't know how to use Thiccane
I'm pretty sure I understand how she works mechanically. For her to actually facilitate Five of a Kind there has to already be a Joker + 2 lowest value cards or 3 of a card that can be shuffled in a way that they end up in the same row. That in itself is pretty rare. Unless her abilities change once she becomes a Chosen, but I wouldn't know because I haven't gotten to that. As someone else said it's easier and more consistent to just Joker spam.

Adry Lemon

Jul 17, 2020
At the moment Akane's ability stays the same after becoming a Chosen. Takes a bit of time to become comfortable using her.

Reactions: Rolo

Rolo

Jul 14, 2017
Using Akane needs a lot of attention. Until now I am too lazy to take her in the team by myself.
When she is a chosen, later she is allowed without foxy, that makes her much more usable and attractive.

This means I should take pen and paper to draw a preview (omg!).
To avoid that, a preview function (like mentioned earlier :) ) might come really handy (not sure if this is easy to implement).
But I am also not sure if this would take the fun out of using Akane ??

What is "Thiccane" meaning btw. Should one know ?

Reactions: Real Kreten

pstear

May 21, 2020
Where is our computer in the bedroom, it isnt showing up anymore"?
And more importantly, where is the MAP so I can at least leave the bedroom??
Noticed a number of weird issues being reported starting up this update with saves etc .

Had my own problems initially , I did get the one above which I suspect was the game hanging and not displaying the message asking whether you want to start at Act V if you have gone beyond day 95 .

I have a very old low spec laptop and I suspect this may be the cause of this issue certainly . Game takes 2GB+ of memory , currently showing 88% used .

Tried to replicate but now running ok , I have an SD card in as a memory boost which probably helps . If people have initial problems , they can try exiting the game and starting again a few times , may require task manager .

Reactions: 7empest5teele

7empest5teele

Dec 23, 2019
Noticed a number of weird issues being reported starting up this update with saves etc .

Had my own problems initially , I did get the one above which I suspect was the game hanging and not displaying the message asking whether you want to start at Act V if you have gone beyond day 95 .

I have a very old low spec laptop and I suspect this may be the cause of this issue certainly . Game takes 2GB+ of memory , currently showing 88% used .

Tried to replicate but now running ok, I have an SD card in as a memory boost which probably helps . If people have initial problems, they can try exiting the game and starting again a few times, may require task manager .
I skipped back a few days and let it run its course, that seemed to work through the issue easily enough.
As for my computer without getting into specs, it's a literal beast, a custom build that I put together myself (my fifth design actually).
It's massively overpowered so I can easily play any game on maximum frame rate that will come out in the next 5 years or more, though I don't get into MMORPGs at all, I usually like games with high-end graphics and animation.
Picture it like having a Bugatti Veyron...but all you do is use it for is to go to work and back, the occasional beach trip, and getting groceries lol.
So this game is REALLY not an issue at all.

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
It's a reference to her being more 'thicc' (larger hips, legs and bottom) than the others. She's the only one of them that isn't either a martial artist or a pole dancer, so even in her case it's only thicc relative to the other characters.

pstear

May 21, 2020
I skipped back a few days and let it run its course, that seemed to work through the issue easily enough.
As for my computer without getting into specs, it's a literal beast, a custom build that I put together myself (my fifth design actually).
It's massively overpowered so I can easily play any game on maximum frame rate that will come out in the next 5 years or more, though I don't get into MMORPGs at all, I usually like games with high-end graphics and animation.
Picture it like having a Bugatti Veyron...but all you do is use it for is to go to work and back, the occasional beach trip, and getting groceries lol.
So this game is REALLY not an issue at all.
One of the things to watch for even with what seems like a powerful system is that so much performance can come from cache memory

Found this out the hard way professionally , someone at IBM had the not very bright idea of powering their RAID disk arrays cache memory with a battery . Battery goes flat and everything starts running at a tenth normal speed . You can see the same sort of thing accessing a folder on a conventional disk that you have not been into for a year , the disk cache prioritises the most recent files .

Modern SSD drives don't have these issues and are so large now they are the way to go . But for people like me with an old laptop with an old fashioned hard drive you can get better performance putting the game on a USB stick or a SD card rather than the hard drive .

Something for people who's laptop is more the Ford model T variety :)

7empest5teele

Dec 23, 2019
One of the things to watch for even with what seems like a powerful system is that so much performance can come from cache memory

Found this out the hard way professionally , someone at IBM had the not very bright idea of powering their RAID disk arrays cache memory with a battery . Battery goes flat and everything starts running at a tenth normal speed . You can see the same sort of thing accessing a folder on a conventional disk that you have not been into for a year , the disk cache prioritises the most recent files .

Modern SSD drives don't have these issues and are so large now they are the way to go . But for people like me with an old laptop with an old fashioned hard drive you can get better performance putting the game on a USB stick or a SD card rather than the hard drive .

Something for people who's laptop is more the Ford model T variety :)
Oh I ONLY use a couple of large SSHD (a hybrid drive) for storage, one for games, and another for movies and music.
I have an SSD dedicated solely to JUST Windows 10 pro, and another larger SSD for the current game I am playing.
What that means is I will transfer the games I am playing in and out of the SSD and back to the SSHD.
The speed difference by doing everything this way is incredible compared to the old days when SSD was just coming out and stupidly expensive, meaning everyone was FORCED to use HDS and wait 11 minutes for the computer to fully boot up, now I can get complete functionality in about 16 seconds from the moment I hit the power button.
YOU, my friend need to treat that old hard drive to a very long nap and pick up the components to build a desktop, that's the only way I go unless I need to do some traveling, then I still use a beefed-up and altered laptop.

Reactions: pstear

7empest5teele

Dec 23, 2019
OH, and did you choose that city based on the incredible amount of inhabitants it has?
I think google listed it as one of the most populated cities on the planet!
Are you sure you don't want to go with the top by a landslide, which is Tokyo?
Lol.

Raptus Puellae

Mar 23, 2020
It's a reference to her being more 'thicc' (larger hips, legs and bottom) than the others. She's the only one of them that isn't either a martial artist or a pole dancer, so even in her case it's only thicc relative to the other characters.
girl is thicker than a bowl of oatmeal

Reactions: Rolo

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
OH, and did you choose that city based on the incredible amount of inhabitants it has?
I think google listed it as one of the most populated cities on the planet!
Are you sure you don't want to go with the top by a landslide, which is Tokyo?
Lol.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

pstear

May 21, 2020
YOU, my friend need to treat that old hard drive to a very long nap and pick up the components to build a desktop, that's the only way I go unless I need to do some traveling, then I still use a beefed-up and altered laptop.
Don't I know it !!!!!

Bought a new TV recently and using that via HDMI . The background screens for this game really look superb .:)

One very minor lazy thing I noticed last night and is common with these games is the need to use a keyboard for text input at a very limited number of places . MC's name and savegame names are the only two I can think of . Would be nice if you could do this with a mouse PS4/Xbox style .

Apart from that , sitting back and playing using a wireless mouse only . :cool:

Reactions: Droid Productions
4.60 star(s) 258 Votes